Exclusive
Gilmore Girls Revival

Gilmore Girls Revival First Look: What's Lorelai and Luke's Big Surprise?!

Our latest Gilmore Girls revival first look is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma set at the… legendary Black-White-Read Bookstore/Theatre!

The above image from Netflix’s forthcoming four-part revival finds Lorelai and Luke returning to the Stars Hollow landmark to attend a screening of (your guess is as good as ours!) alongside at least a dozen fellow residents (including Lane). But the big question posed by the photo concerns Lorelai’s cell phone — specifically, who’s on the other end of it and what surprising/shocking news is he/she relaying to her? (The fact that Luke is pointing to himself strongly implies the maybe-bombshell involves him).

Also, how is Kirk (aka the venue’s militant box office attendant/bouncer/head of security) not tossing both of them out on their hindquarters for violating the establishment’s no tolerance policy on using smart phones or engaging in idle chit chat?!

All four episodes of Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life will be released midnight PST on Friday, Nov. 25 on Netflix. In the meantime, check back tomorrow for more Gilmore Girls revival scoop as part of TVLine’s annual Fall Preview scoop-a-palooza.

1. David torres says:

She’s pregnant!!!

• John says:

Totally agree

• lkh says:

49 yo, but who’s counting…

• Jennifer says:

Actually – 47. She was 32 when the show started. The show was on for 7 years. that means she was 39 when it ended. And this is taking place 8 years later, which means she’s 47.

• shutuprob says:

Lorelai is a year younger than Lauren Graham, based on Lorelai’s age when she gave birth to Rory. Rory turned 16 in 2000 and Lorelai gave birth to Rory when she was 16, which means that Lorelai was born in 1968. Also, Lorelai was born in March-ish (possibly as early as late February, but no earlier, but given that Lauren Graham’s birthday is in mid-March 1967.) Rory was born in early October, so, given that Rory was full-term, this means that Lorelai was 15 when she and Christopher boinked. And the math points to sometime between or on Christmas 1983 or a week later on New Year’s. I figure New Year’s Eve, stroke (err …) of midnight.

• lkh says:

Ah, I get it. You’re talking about the character, I was referring to Lauren. Need to enter pretend land…I’ll catch up.

• PL says:

Oyy. People need to let. this. go.

• Jenni says:

God I hope not. Rory, possibly. But Lorelai? No. She’s too old at this point in the show. Yes, i know women are having babies later and later, but at 47/48? No, shouldn’t happen and it shouldn’t be written in like this.

I would be less angry having ASP writing in that Luke & Lorelai had a child 7 years ago. Having a kid now? Nope.

• Marcie says:

I knew a woman who got pregnant accidentally at 53. It’s not impossible. It’s just rare.

• Jenni says:

Never said it was “impossible” I know it can happen. What i’m saying is it SHOULDN’T. Not on this show (not really in reality either). Not now.

• lkh says:

a. why not?
            b. why are you angry?
            c. do you get to set this in stone?
            d. ‘not now’ means what?

• Jennifer says:

a. Why not? – selfish. medical issues. dangerous.
            b. why are you angry? – I’m not. I was annoyed at the person who thought i said it was “impossible” – Reading is fundamental.
            c. do you get to set this in stone? – I don’t. I just think that would ruin what the show was.
            d. ‘not now’ means what? – not at this stage of the show.

• lkh says:

ah-got it. I seem to be thinking of real life, while y’all are in pretend land–I’ll join.

(I’m not sure about the answer to why not though…)

2. tobin says:

Emily has information about luke

3. Dannie C says:

I can not confirm or deny that i just sat here for the past couple of minutes refreshing TVLine. All i can say is hand Lauren that Emmy now! #Emmy4Lauren

4. That’s such a bad angle, they both look pretty terrible.

• Elissa says:

I can’t believe you are the only one to mention this! I literally read the comments to see if anyone mentioned it and could shed some light on why they both look so bad! Lauren looks like she has had a face lift and way too much makeup. And I agree with another poster that Luke looks silly with his hat on backwards still.

5. Jayme says:

Anyone consider that maybe one of their daughters is pregnant?

6. Jennifer says:

Why is pregnancy the first go to? Why can’t it be something else? PLEASE let it be something else.

7. Natalie says:

The 25th is a Friday.

8. Karin says:

Maybe it’s Sookie calling to say she’s leaving and Luke has to take over as chef at the inn again.

9. MMD says:

I literally just finished all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls and have no idea how I managed to miss this show. To wait until November – NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was pleased to see an interview where Scott Patterson thought that there was still a chance for more Gilmore Girls in the future and with it being on Netflix maybe they’ll do a couple of specials. I can only hope.

OK guess I’ll have to start at the beginning again to see what I missed during my binge.

Maybe Rory is calling about a new job or getting into a post graduate program.

10. Kaitlyn says:

I think she’s pregnant and the doctor is calling to tell her that luke is the father and I think that might be why he’s pointing to himself too. I’m sorry that it seems dumb but I don’t think that luke pointing at himself has anything to do with Lorelais father’s death….

11. rlynai says:

I don’t see wedding rings!

12. I thought it was being released on Black Friday, but now you’re saying it won’t be until Saturday. I guess the stores complained to Netflix. Oh well 24 hours later than originally expected, still not bad. Better be the last delay.

13. lkh says:

where are the red vines? that’s what she’s saying…out of stock? something. :]

14. Erin says:

I would more than likely think Luke is just annoyed that Lorelai is on her cellphone during the movie.

15. Baker Girl says:

Lorelai: It’s Ceasar… the diner’s on fire.
    Luke: My diner

16. emily says:

i have been tuning in all morning where is more gg revival scoop ausiello???

17. VR says:

i doubt it has anything to do with pregnancy. it’s most likely some situation we don’t have any prior knowledge about (i mean, something that isn’t so obvious or something that’s related to some circumstance that hasn’t ever been brought up before.) i think it’s really absurd that Luke and Lorelai aren’t married. You’d think they’d have officially gotten back together after Rory left for her job, and then that’s so many years of what, just dating? April couldn’t possibly be the excuse for not marrying. Luke looks ridiculous with that backwards baseball cap in his older age. He looks like a bum. Is Christopher supposed to be in any of the upcoming episodes? It would be weird for him to not be present at all in some way.

18. sof says:

So i have a question. Is Gilmore Girls getting released on Friday, Nov 25th 00.00 means (really Nov. 26 at 00.00 or Thursday at night). In another post it was said that GG would air 2.00/3.00EST, on the 25th so I am a little confused. I live in Europe and want to know if it means that I can watch it on Friday morning or Saturday morning? Hope some can help. Thanks

19. Allegra says:

Will you be even linking to the first page of the script that was released over at EW?!?