TVLine Items: Emily Bett Rickards on Line, Empire Recast and More

Whose Line Is It Anyway? is targeting another Arrow favorite.

On the heels of Katie Cassidy’s appearance this past Wednesday, co-star Emily Bett Rickards will drop by the CW improv series on Sept. 14.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Empire has tapped Juan Antonio (Murder in the First) to play Jamal’s new love interest, a military vet who runs a PTSD support group attended by the singer, EW.com reports. Additionally, rapper/actor Romeo Miller will replace Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi as Tiana’s love interest/Hakeem’s rival.

* Grammy winner Rhiannon Giddens will recur on Season 5 of Nashville (premiering Jan. 5 on CMT) as a young social worker who has the voice of an angel.

* Jim O’Heir (Parks and Recreation) will guest-star on Season 4 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine as a cop who crosses paths with Jake and Holt while they’re in witness protection, EW.com reports.

* Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife) has booked a guest role on Season 2 of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. He’ll portray “a confident kid who tutors Rebecca in an important subject,” per Buzzfeed.

1. Liz says:

Really looking forward to seeing Emily on Whose Line. I think she’d be great at it.

2. Tom says:

Oh my FSM Nashville is actually going to have someone who sings decent music, I’m impressed

3. Kam says:

Kid Cudi to Romeo is the downgrade of all downgrades.

• bigdede says:

Truth!!

• Lucas says:

I didn’t realise Romeo Miller even rapped still I thought he switched to acting I’ve not heard from him music wise since that video they posted on Worldstar Hip hop with him “rapping” during what appeared to be Christmas time (I think I am not sure) Paige Hurd was his love interest in the song apparently it was supposed to be featuring Justin Bieber but turns out he took the Biebz voice and put it on his song like most artists do, did he get his permission or pay him who knows? BUT I can assure you that everyone thought it was a joke. The last film I saw him in was Jumping the broom other than that I didn’t realise he was considered to be famous any more.

4. Lils says:

Emily can’t wait for a real comedy episode.

5. Sam says:

Emily bett 😍i was waiting since last April when Aisha told us. Finally

6. Rahajicho says:

Sully, Hitchcock and Garry! Please let these three have a scene together.

7. Maria says:

Emily filmed hers first. Can’t wait to watch this one!

8. iHeart says:

tvline items on a saturday? eh why not

9. DJ Doena says:

To be perfectly honest, the only celebrity visit on WLiiA that I honestly enjoyed since its restart was “rubber ducky” (google “rubber ducky whose line is it anyway”).

Everyone else is most often just awkward because you need a certain streak to be this comedic and improvisional.