Pretty Little Liars Ending

Pretty Little Liars Ending With Season 7

Enjoy your time in Rosewood while you still can, Pretty Little Liars fans. Executive producer Marlene King on Monday confirmed that the Freeform drama’s current seventh season will also be its last.

King made the announcement during a Facebook live chat with all five of the Liars — Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse — by her side. The final 10 episodes will begin airing in April 2017. Watch the announcement below:

While this news may be sobering for PLL fans, it’s hardly surprising; the cast and crew have hinted at the series’ end for over a year. “We have enough story to take us to the end of Season 7, and we’re going to let the fans tell us if they’re ready to say goodbye to this world and these characters,” King told TVLine in an August 2015 interview.

The show’s summer finale — airing Tuesday, Aug. 30 at 8/7c — promises to shake things up like never before by unveiling the identity of Mary Drake’s secret baby, killing a major character and revealing that (gasp!) someone might be pregnant!

How do you hope Pretty Little Liars wraps things up in 2017? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Wordsmith says:

Seven seasons is a pretty good run. I’m sure they’ll come up with a suitably twisty ending, but mostly I’m curious to see what the cast does next.

2. stephon js says:

I didnt realize it was a secret… but I’m glad and cant wait for the ending

3. Andrew says:

Good. Love the show, flaws and all, but its the right time for it to end. Especially since 7A has been a major improvement over season 6 so it would be better to go out on a higher note.

4. Sarah says:

I still really like the show, but thank goodness!

5. Belle says:

Ah man, I was so hopeful to get at least 20 more episodes. This season has invigorated the show, they are on top of their game again…let’s hope we go out with a HUGE bang :)

6. Pamela says:

I thought this was announced a year ago lol.

• brandydanforth81 says:

Not officially by the network or showrunner which makes it official.Lucy saidalmosttwoyears ago that s7 was the lastwiththemaincast and acouple months ago Troians fiancée said s7 was the last and Marlene said the current Uber A arc would end ins7& bet he end of theshow as we know it

7. Kevin K says:

PLL deserves to end after seven intense seasons. Have a feeling that the leading ladies are going to survive until the very end.

8. Belle says:

Bummed, but I understand. This season has been top notch so far, there is new life in the series, so awesome that they will go out with a fantastic final season :) Thanks for everything PLL cast, crew it’s been one heck of a ride!!!

9. Kip says:

I can’t remember where but I am pretty sure I remember Marlene announcing the we are NOT learning the twins identity in the finale.

10. Andrew Hass says:

7 seasons is a great run and the actors/actresses might want to do other stuff now,Plus just because the show announced today that PLL will be ending after this current season doesn’t mean that they haven’t planning how the series will end for awhile.

11. Jimmy says:

I’m so sad for this. I know I shouldn’t be, but I am.

12. Azerty says:

I have said this show is mess for several years now with many plot holes, characters that came/came back out of nowhere, no character growth for the leads and storylines that goes nowhere but I will be very sad to say goodbye to this show. I am no very curious to know how it will end (I am not worried about the main ship, they will be reunited, but for the mystery!)

13. Lynne says:

Finally!!!!

14. sarah j says:

So let’s play the guessing game: Could Ali be pregnant with Rollin’s baby, Spencer will be Mary’s child and the major character to die..Noel but I don’t know if he is considered a major character.
    I do love this show and would like to see it go for many more seasons but I think that they will be able to give us a good final 10 episodes! Sucks that we have to wait until April for the second half of the season.

15. Stacey says:

This show is a mess, but I have enjoyed it, and this season has been very solid. I am looking forward to the mid-season finale tomorrow and the last 10 episodes. Too bad we have to wait to April to see the back half of season 7.

16. Daisy Montgomery says:

I’m not really thAt PLL is ending becAuse I’m Addict to it I love wAtching it everydAy Is there Any chAnce that there could be SeAson 8

17. Ray says:

It’s lasted well, WELL past the time it should have. Went downhill somewhere around season 3.

• Hannah says:

I really really don’t want pretty little liars to end but all things must as they say. All I hope is that Toby and Spencer get back together. Also I hope they explain why A.D has been doing this? I know it all goes back to Alison and Jessica and their past but what does hannah Emily Spencer and aria have to do with it. I do hope aLloyd the old couples get back together and things work out for them all. I will miss them as this has to be the best TV series of all time. All the series were brilliant and I’m sure that the finale will be fantastic and we’ll thought through PLL fans tissues need to be at the ready

18. Matt says:

I really hope there is more Mona in the back half. She’s seemed noticeably absent. I also feel like they’ve had this planned as the finale.

19. Spencer Fields says:

I loved EVERY season, people saying the passed couple seasons “sucked” are ridiclous. It means you didn’t like the show itself. As the story is one long continuous one. I think they did an amazing job giving us all just enough information to keep us hanging on and wanting and waiting for each new episode!!! the ending of season 5 (where they were in the dollhouse) made me throw the remote at my TV. lol. But, it’s how PLL does things. I do believe 7 seasons is perfect for this show. No need to continue to drag it out and add unnecessary events in it making us tire of it. I would rather remember PLL as the amazing show that it is now and has been the last SEVEN seasons. Not a bad season yet. I have enjoyed the time jump, smart.
    Excited to see how they end it

20. Kelly says:

About time

21. Ruth says:

Soooo Upset about this!! I love the show and so does my daughter and her daughter!!! Please keep it going!!!!

22. CurlyGirly says:

Ummmm….I don’t know why this is news….wasn’t this announced MONTHS ago???

23. Hannah says:

24. Debbiecouzens says:

Love the show the twist keepsvyounon thevedgevoff your seat would like to see more to I’d ad don’t let season 7 be the last enjoyed it brill

25. Liss Iren says:

I hope “Pretty Little Liars” will continue after season 7.

26. nitinn says:

hey im NITIN I LOVED LAST TV SHOW PRETTY LITTLE LIARS IM A GREAT FAN

27. Ashley says:

Noooooo!!! I dont want it to be overrr..i knoww theres more creativity in you guys somewhere…awe im so sad😢 i dont want it to be over..what am i gone watch now???

28. dylan says:

I’m honestly sad about the 7th season being the last, but we all new that It was going to come to end sometime..

29. belle says:

it sucks it ends with spencer dying and we dont know what will happen and that makes me mad i have seen all 10 episodes like why end it so stupidly

• cristy gilliam says:

there are 10 more episodes in april 2017

• Hannah says:

We don’t know that Spencer is dead yet have to wait until April I think she will survive and uber A will turn out to be Meredith or Paige. Someone we least expect. But I don’t think they will kill off an important long standing character like Spencer or else what’s the point in announcing uber A.

30. kb says:

PLL finally became jaw dropping in season 7. This is by far the best season of the series; the time jump was a major improvement!. In my opinion PLL should still go on . Sad to see it end

31. I am super bummed that the show is ending. I really need to know if spencer dies like now. She is my favorite character. I love the whole cast. Omg I can’t believe Mary drake is Spencer’s mom. And I loved the scene with Ali and Emily I would like to see them finally get together! 😊 Toby and spencer get back together all the original couples actually! 😊

32. Yazmin Reyes says:

I don’t want Spencer Hastings to die. She was one of my favorite characters which to be honest everyone is my favorite.

33. Amaijah says:

I think you are trying to kill your fans I would like for pretty little lairs to air the next episode as much as I hate that the show will have to end I will die if that show don’t air this Tuesday or next Tuesday.

34. kayla says:

I love pretty little liars I really do not want to see it come to an end every time I turn on the TV when I get off from work that’s all I want to watch on TV.

35. B Pique says:

I think it will come out that one of the liars is actually A and I believe it will be emily

36. Trackweevil says:

Why did spencer hace to die its so unfortunate and whose child is alison carrying ?

37. daisy says:

is there going to be an ending? loving it but they cant leave it on this cliff hanger’s

38. Brittany says:

I don’t think it should end at season 7. There is so much more to tell. Please don’t stop at season 7.

39. Emily says:

Please don’t cancel this show it’s doing so good. I would cry if you cancel the show. This show is amazing I love how you guys come up with who’s it about. Like when there doing the shhh whoever does it is about them the whole episode. At least go to Season 9 or 10. There’s a whole lot you guys need to put in there.

40. Ok I’ve been saying for years that all the liars along with probably most of the town are dead…. think about it the ghosts,the phsycic,the “dreams ” spencer had the grave stones caleb saw…. and maybe in dome twisted way its starting to show us by unraveling a chain of twisted deaths how each charavtor died. It has shown us alot of scenes where it totally looked like the vharactor was dead but somehow came back to life or …”wasmt” really dead … toby,allison,hanna,mona ….. another thing wheres Meredith? I know she’s got a big part in this

41. Tessa says:

I hope that they continue with Season 7 n then make one more season, I love Pretty little liars it’s a great show, so I hope it continues……..make more episodes for season 7 n then make one more season!!!!!!

42. Christan says:

I hope it doesn’t wrap at all. I could watch this show every day and never be sick of it!

43. Dusty Ward says:

I’m not ready to say goodbye to the show i love it so much

44. Serria says:

Why is it ending ???????? It should have a season 12 Now I won’t have any thing to watch on Tuesday anymore.

45. Lisa Gregson says:

Well who is A.D,,??????

46. bellaheinz says:

I am so sad, I love this show but this season has been really invigorating and awesome so far, i can’t wait to see with what they come up with… I am still just really sad :(((((

47. I hope Ezra marries Aria and the others get back with their first loves. I love watching this show because it reminds me of my own youth.

48. Brittany says:

Spencer is Mary Drake baby…Spencer got shot by Jenna and Noel Khan is work with her

49. Summer says:

Plz dnt end pretty little liars plz I love pretty little liars and if u wanna end it then at least do win a free ticket to see the studio or something

50. Lily says: