Grimm Cancelled No Season 7 NBC

Grimm to End With Season 6

Not even Grimm‘s magic stick can fix everything: The supernatural series will come to a close at the end of Season 6, NBC announced Monday.

The final season will begin on Friday, Jan. 6, at 8/7c.

In April, NBC shaved Grimm‘s 22-episode order to 13, which was the first signal that the drama might not be back for a seventh season. In July, members of the show’s cast told TVLine that they were unsure about whether or not the drama would be back — just like they had been many times in the past.

“We’ve been talking about that for three years,” Silas Weir Mitchell said. “Like, is this the end? We don’t know.” His on-screen wife Bree Turner added, “We’ve just always been very present and very appreciative and it’s just been a super fun ride.”

And because of that, David Giuntoli said, “It’s a gratitude season, not a funeral season.”

1. Rachel says:

Oh man, I love this show! What a bummer :-(

2. stephon js says:

I’m totally depress

3. Wasn’t this a given, since NBC asked for a shorter ep run?

4. Philip says:

I knew that this was in the cards when their season was cut. I will miss the program and hope it will get a satisfactory ending.

5. Schatzi49 says:

Rats, one more favorite show ending without anything close to replacing it. NBC you are not on my favorite list.

6. Odie says:

No! :( This is my no. 1 favorite show and I don’t know what I’ll do now after this last season. I just hope they make a good final season and that I can appreciate what has been instead of lamenting what never became.

7. Dizzle says:

I thought Grimm was back in the fall? Bit of a bummer as last season was their best yet, but six seasons is a good run and I hope this means they can wrap it up properly!

8. Sandra Williams says:

Wish it wasn’t so, they went off track a bit with the whole Eve thing but the show was still fun – the only plus is they know now so they can plan a great send-off season.

9. ZinniQ says:

That is so,so sad! One of the best things on TV. I am gutted!

10. Nicole says:

Aww man. Loved this as a Friday night staple. Glad they get to wrap up with some lead time and go out on their terms.

11. Staci says:

This one hurts

12. Susan S. says:

So sad to hear this. Grimm is my favorite show. I guess I won’t be watching NBC after Grimm ends. They don’t have anything else as good to replace it for me.

13. Kimberly Campbell says:

Nooooooo!!!!! This my favorite show!!!!! 😢😢😢

14. Ala says:

Nooooooooo! Worst news ever. 😩

15. Alicia says:

This is a travesty! I love this show so much!

16. Kevin K says:

Really sad Grimm is ending after six seasons.

17. Constant Complainer says:

No more bare-chested Sasha Roiz after this season? WTF?!

18. dryedmangoez says:

Haven’t yet caught up with season 5. But the writing was on the wall. At least the show will get a chance to wrap things up nicely. It was an unexpectedly successful run and the show definitely has lots to be proud of.

19. Grimmette says:

Grimm will begin this new and last season until January not in October??? You got to be kidding in 5 months??

20. BAM says:

I loved this show…… Too sad!

21. My weekly bright spot will be no more – very sad to hear the news, though expected. I thought the show great fun and loved the times its humor made me laugh out loud. I should just be grateful it existed at all – but the news still hurts. We had better get closure though or I shall whip up a spell and take out that funny hat and direct it towards NBC.

22. marc says:

Im glad the studio let them at least finish the story or attempt to and not just cancel it outright, which is so often the case these days

23. Patsy says:

I love this show. It has been my favorite since the beginning. If I love a show it seems to be the kiss of death. My Friday nights will now suck.

• canadian ninja says:

It will have lasted six years. If you liking a show is the kiss of death please start watching all my favourite shows :D

• Linda McGinnis says:

I feel the same, if I like it ,the show has a short life . Grimm is my favorite show and I couldn’t wait till it would come on ,really going to miss it! :(

24. trista says:

this is complete BS! It’s on a Friday. it does great for a Friday night.

• dman6015 says:

The longer a show runs, the more expensive it is to produce. Once they get past 100 episodes, the shows are generally history if the network doesn’t own it.

25. I’m sorry to hear this although I was pretty sure it was going to happen once they cut the order. At least they should have a chance to wrap it up properly.

26. Britt says:

I always thought this show could go on even without its stars. Sort of like Doctor Who. There would always be new Grimms and new Wesen as companions.

27. Dear NBC – you SUCK. That is all. :((

28. JC1 says:

I’m not surprised. The term “jump the shark” is overused, but in Grimm’s case I can pinpoint the exact moment it happened. Episode 4.14, when they made the insane decision to make Adalind pregnant with Nick’s baby (the episode is ironically titled “Bad Luck”). The show went straight off a cliff after that (evil Juliette, killing off Kelly, burning the trailer) and has never recovered.

• 134sc says:

Disagree completely. I actually thought it was getting stale and everything after Juliet turned into a hexenbeast has been awesome.

• Georgia Madman says:

I agree totally. I haven’t watched it since. But I do like the actors and wish them the best.

• Patrick says:

Agree. Last season is stacked up in my DVR, but I just can’t force myself to catch up. I will, next weekend, because I need the DVR space. And since this is a shortened, and final, last season, I’ll watch it as well. But, emotionally, I’ve moved on.

• Ben says:

+1. The disgusting treatment of the writers in the rape baby plot ruined the show for me as well… but the main cast is great, talented and hot!.

• Steve says:

I agree burning the trailer was a shock. Early the group always went to the trailer yo check out my hooks. Very cool interior set up

• Thanh says:

@JC1 – Yeah, starting with that episode and those exact examples you mentioned was when it felt really “jump the shark” to me too. I came back to watch when I found out about Eve, but there’s still something off about the show. As a whole, I’m still enjoying it though, and will continue to enjoy the remaining season’s episodes.

29. A. D. says:

What crap! This show has years left in it! Someone pick it up!

30. Spikenalabama says:

First Gene Wilder dies then I read this…..man this day sucks!!!!!

31. Mark says:

Please keep this show on best show on NBC

32. Saynay says:

I’m sad to see Grim go. I’ve watched the show since the beginning. Hopefully the writers will give it a proper ending.

33. bshaid says:

Not a surprise. They have run out of storylines, creating the Truble arc and now this garish fight arc. Enough already. Let ’em all live in peace…

34. LM says:

That stinks!

35. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Oh HELL NO! I really love this show and was looking forward to see it return in October, Now it’s been moved to Jan? NBC is full of BITCHES!!!!!

36. Trogdor777 says:

Admittedly, after watching the pilot for Grimm, I (incorrectly) predicted that it wouldn’t last and the network would yank it fast. Clearly, I was wrong on that one. Kudos on a 6 season run, and props to such a loyal fan base. Going to have to go back to the beginning and check out this Grimm world! :)

37. Pam says:

Very sad about this. Friday night and Grimm was the best way to relax after a long week. Praying to God that they come back for a 7th season.

38. Ben says:

5-7 seasons is always the sweet spot. Grimm will get to end on its own terms and have had a decent run. You never want a show to go so long that it becomes a shell of itself.

39. Lorraine says:

I don’t why u would cancel grimm it’s been such a good show for the last five yrs I do hope another station picks it up and it not going to come back until Jan and only 12 episodes I will miss this show so much and all of the fans

40. Max says:

I liked the show much more when it was Wesen of the Week. I always lost attention when it went to Europe or focused on the royal family, etc. Still gonna miss it though.

41. Lisa Clark says:

i love this show it will be missed NBC as miss the boat on many shows I guess we can just watch more celebrity apprentice LOL

42. Alichat says:

Oh come on! Seriously?

43. mooshki says:

This is the only show I still watch live. I’m going to miss it a lot.

44. James says:

What’s there to cancel, TVLine, if it’s already ending?

• John NYC says:

It hadn’t been ending is the point, simply the next season episode count had been trimmed.

NOW they’re committed to not renewing it. Officially releasing actors from contracts etc. I suppose.

• James says:

We were all expecting the show to have a full 22 episodes but NBC announced that it’s getting 13 at the very least for this upcoming season. There was nothing that indicates it had a 22 episodes ordered to begin with, just an expectation that it has.

Hence, I don’t see why this is even considered a “cancellation”. Such a scenario would only indicate that it is never coming back at all, which Grimm is for this upcoming season and that it had enough notice ahead of its final run to actual end on their own terms, which canceled TV shows don’t have the benefit nor the privilege of having.

Grimm is ending, nothing more than that.

45. Amanda says:

I am so bummed. It is one of my favorite shows, along with Blacklist, Supernatural. I was hoping it would run for another 5 years😔

46. mallah says:

Maybe Netflix will pick it up?

47. PatriciaLee says:

The husband is heartbroken, “That’s one show I’m going to miss. Don’t do that to us. That was one of the best shows on TV. Phenomenal.”

48. Kathy b says:

I am so sad. My favorite show. The best show on NBC. So original and unique. Why don’t they cancel some of the same boring crap they are programming instead of Grimm?

49. Toni says:

Grimm was a excellent show I really hope they don’t do this. We like movie like this and my family watch it together weekly. Please don’t leave😊😆.I hope it have a good ending it sad they put good shows on and then just end them

50. vp44 says:

Why> does NBC do this? love this show and cast…….You assholes!!!!!