Pretty Little Liars Recap

Pretty Little Liars Recap: Old Flames

Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday dropped the biggest reveal of the season, and it had nothing to do with Mary Drake or her secret baby.

No, my friends, I’m talking about the good ‘ship “Jaria,” which apparently set sail for a second voyage during the show’s five-year time jump. During a particularly slow fact-finding mission with Jason, Aria’s mind drifted back to a not-so-distant past where she and the handsome hipster were hot and heavy — a memory we’re thinking she never shared with Ezra.

Speaking of Ezra, the clerk mistook Jason for Aria’s fiancée, but rather than deny their engagement, Jason agreed that Aria is “really special.” Unfortunately for Jason — who was pretty close to talking his way back into Aria’s life — Ezra texted her that Nicole was not one of the hostages, and that he’s coming back to Rosewood.

Of course, the night wasn’t a total bust for ol’ Jason. He and Aria discovered that Noel’s father was the judge who signed for Mary’s secret adoption, leading the Liars to conclude that Noel was the child in question. (Which means, of course, he wasn’t. … Right?)

Elsewhere this week…

* “Jaria” wasn’t the only old flame that came dangerously close to reigniting. After realizing that she couldn’t tell Sabrina what’s really going on with A.D., Emily turned to Paige, who already speaks fluent Liar. (But did anyone else think it was weird that Paige was already sitting at the café watching Sabrina when Emily called her? I like Paige, but given her history, I’m not sure I’m ready to trust her again.)

* And Hanna spent the hour tailing Noel, unaware that Spencer already found footage proving that he helped Charlotte torture the girls in the dollhouse. “Be careful, Hanna, or you’ll end up just like Sara,” he told her — though maybe he’s the one who needed the warning. The final moments of the episode found Hanna knocking him out from behind, smugly proclaiming, “It’s over bitch.” (But is it, Hanna? Is it really?)

OK, let’s talk about this episode: Did you enjoy the “Jaria” flashback? Do you think Noel is really Mary’s son? And how pumped are you for next week’s finale? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. pllfan24 says:

Can Hanna ever do anything smart when she goes rogue? Jason and Aria are way better than Ezra and Aria.

• Jec says:

The show should really go with the Jason/Aria route. Been wanting them to since season 2.

• Sara says:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m sorry but I don’t understand why people think Ezra is so great. How many years did he stalk those girls basically…watch them be tormented, the girl he supposedly loves be tormented, and did nothing so he could write some book. On top of having a relationship with his student. I’m sorry, but it’s just too messed up. This show doesn’t have the guts to make any main character bad for fear of what the tween viewers will do. It’s sad.

• Plllover says:

Right on. The writers lost their b@ll $ this season. It really is a snoosefest, on top of the head-honchos being too afraid to make real change for the characters. And God forbid someonee actually dying…I mean really dying, not getting kidnapped or presumed dead. So they have main characters like Hannah make the same stupid mistakes with the same old suspects. Reboot please…or end this nonsense now!

2. Riana says:

I think aria is the child because it prevents jaria from happening. It’s a shame because Lucy and drew have better chemistry.

3. Perry Xero says:

Funny how Sabrina came out of nowhere just like our dearly departed Shower Harvey who somehow became Red Coat, Black dress, Blue undies whatever…(but then again maybe that was just crap writing!?!?).
    I reckon that Paige knows something about sketchy Sabrina, hence why she was at the Brew…Don’t let those cup cakes fool ya!
    If you jumble the letters in Sabrina do you know what you get? BRAINS A! That’s it, I’m calling it – Sabrina is A.

• Cate53 says:

Yes, Sabrina is def sketchy and Paige is one part suspicious to one part jealous IMO. Tends to be the way with this show that we are suspicious of EVERYONE including the liars themselves! (Apart from Emily who us always angelic :) )

4. Amber Patrick says:

Omg I thought I was the only one side eyeing Paige! Ever since they brought her back I keep saying something ain’t right with that girl!

Jaria, so smoking together holy… I mean the last few times they’ve showed her and Ezra it’s looked like they were an old married couple. No steam!

I really hate that they’ve made Spencer into the green eyed monster who manipulates Hanna with a necklace to not go after Caleb. And I adore Spence, but that was crap. As well as Hanna just sitting back and letting everyone be happy but herself.

5. Cas says:

I feel Hanna is real dumb. Everything she does sometimes makes me wonder. And I loved Jaria even though I am an Ezra fan. I also am not a fan of Marco or whatever his name is. He looks way too old for Spencer. And apparently Spencer gets the short end of the stick no Caleb and no Toby.

6. Andraylia says:

Oh wow! The Jaria flashbacks were absolute perfection. I really hope that they can reignite the romance. I really think that Aria only said yes to Ezra out of familiarity. They both have moved on from their shared past relationship and need to keep moving forward. I think that Ezra is still hung up on Nicole and Aria is stating to regret letting Jason go. After all the history and chemistry that Jason and Aria share is on a level that Aria can never reach with Ezra. JARIA FOREVER!

7. Belle says:

Paige is Mary’s baby…

8. Rusha says:

Jaria is so much more than Ezria. I really wish the PLL writers had actually taken the Jaria route. They broke up all the couples only to have them get back together again? And honestly Drew and Lucy have such insane chemistry.

9. Helly says:

FFS someone buy these girls some gloves. I cringe everytime they break into somewhere and put their prints on everything. I think Paige is dodgy still and possibly Mary’s child and much more involved than we know yet (although maybe not given her and emily had a relationship away from Rosewood)- nothing is going to make sense at this point anyway.