Exclusive

New Girl Season 6: Can Schmidt Handle Married Life? — Fall TV First Look

The New Girl gang is as close as ever in Season 6. (Arguably too close, in fact.)

TVLine has an exclusive first look at the poster for the Fox comedy’s upcoming sixth season — Jess and Co. return Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 8:30/7:30c — in which the cast serves more face than you could shake a Douchebag Jar at:

New Girl Spoilers

We also have a behind-the-scenes video (above) in which the stars reveal what they’re most excited about in Season 6. For Max Greenfield, it’s exploring Schmidt as a married man, while Zooey Deschanel just can’t wait to hop in the director’s chair.

“I’m most looking forward to manipulating people … and the tremendous power I’m going to wield,” she says.

As TVLine exclusively reported, Megan Fox’s Reagan will return for as many as eight episodes in Season 6, though she isn’t expected back until midseason. (In other words, when Nick returns from his summer trip, you can bet he’ll be flying solo.)

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment below: What are you hoping to see in New Girl‘s sixth season?

1. slinehan05 says:

The thing I want to see most of all in Season 6 is Jess and Nick finally back together. I believe they’re endgame and soulmates and it’s about time the writers realized this. We’ve waited to long.

2. Steven says:

All their faces in this poster look so smug I just want to punch them all.

3. drds says:

I am so ready for married Schmidt and Cece!! I have been waiting for this all along!!! <3

4. Eva says:

Can we have Nick and Jess already? We’ve waited long enough?

5. Ron says:

Am I the only actually sick and tired of the Nick/Jess thing? Like, to the point where I don’t even want them together anymore, I don’t want there to be nudges of them being together, I just want them to be with completely different people. I was all for the initial build-up to their obviously inevitable hook up when the show first began; I was rooting for it. I was all for them when they finally decided to get together. And I was upset when they had them split up. Then the show wore me out and really just made me frustrated with the will they/won’t they, they are/they aren’t story lines. That gets to be so exhausting real fast. Not to mention it’s so overplayed and cliche. I still enjoy the show, but mainly because I like Schmidt, Cece, and Winston. I’m definitely at the point where I loathe the idea of Nick and Jess being together. But it seems like I’m the only one and no one cares about my opinion anyway, sooooo….

• Larissa says:

Sorry but I don’t agree at all. Nick and Jess are the heart of the show- then and now. It’s obvious they are endgame, but their storylines are the only ones that can be funny and emotional at the same time. Cece, Schmidt and Winston can’t do that.

• Ron says:

I still think Nick and Jess are funny, and really like their characters, but not romantically together (anymore), as I’m really over the back-and-forth with them. I will say, I’ll be fine if they end up together, but only if it happens really, really soon in this new season and they finally stay together for the duration of the series–whether that be only through this season, or for seasons to come. I don’t want to watch 20+ episodes this season of Nick and Jess casually throwing looks each others’ way, going on a bunch of unlucky-in-love dates with random people or past loves, getting emotionally attached to other people only to heartbreakingly break up with them because “the one” is in the room across the hall, etc. etc. blah blah blah. It’s beyond beating around the bush at this point since it’s season 6! It’s exhausting! That emotional/romantic connection has been there, to some extent, since the first episode. This kind of storyline between them is bearable for maybe 3-ish seasons. But 6 seasons and almost 120 episodes later, it’s annoying and enough already!

• trey anastasio says:

i think youre just impatient and missing the point of their journey

they got together after all the buildup tension and it didnt work out for them because they thought they knew who themselves were. after they broke up they began to grow and really figure out what they wanted in life. next time they get back together it will be for all the right reasons.

6. I’m worried that CeCe will drive a wedge between Schmidt and Nick, and the repercussions that might have on Ferguson’s level of security. Also, a network cross-over in which CeCe and Penny find themselves in a therapeutic group working on marital issues related to living with your husband’s former roommates

7. Paul A. Slater says:

Let this be the Nick and Jess season! Schmidt and Cece are so
    boring and have zero chemistry.

8. Liz says:

That poster screams Nick and Jess! Please, Liz Meriwether. We deserve it already! Also, less Megan Fox and more loft plots.

9. HAP says:

I’m guessing that the delayed return of Megan Fox has something to do with her pregnancy. On a different note, if read about her, you cannot conclude anything other than she his bat guano crazy.