Fall TV Preview
Arrow Wil Traval

Arrow Takes Aim at Jessica Jones Cop Wil Traval for Human Target Role

Somewhere Mark Valley’s bull’s-eyes are burning.

Arrow is introducing Human Target in Season 5, and producers have set their sights on Jessica Jones actor Wil Traval to play the DC Comics superherounnamed-1, TVLine has learned.

A professional bodyguard and master of disguise who assumes the identities of those targeted by assassins, the character (aka Christopher Chance) will appear in Episode 5 when he takes on a new client: Mayor Oliver Queen.

A Human Target series, starring the aforementioned Valley, aired for two seasons on Fox from 2010-2011. ABC attempted its own Human Target series starring Rick Springfield in the early ’90s, and that one had an even shorter shelf life: it was cancelled after just seven episodes.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8/7c, where it now leads into the new drama Frequency.

1. I used to love Human Target! Looking forward to this!

2. Amanda says:

That’s awesome!!! I loved Wil on “Jessica Jones” and with the wait till 2018 for season 2 that’s great Wil got another role. Nice to see him playing a hero this time and join the list of actors in both DC Marvel. Makes me wonder if he’ll show up on the other CW shows.

3. Luis says:

And still, they can’t bring me the Question??? Ah well, “Flash”” is FINALLY giving me Mirror Master, so maybe there’s hope!

• Wordsmith says:

The difficulty with the Question is that I’m not sure he works as a supporting character. He needs a big mystery to chase, and at that point the plot just becomes following him around as he investigates, pulling focus from the actual leads of the show.

• Wordsmith says:

Now, if they had an established lead on one of the shows (temporarily) become a version of The Question, that might work. (For example, I’m thinking about Ben McKenzie’s Comic Con tease that Jim Gordon would assume the mantle of a familiar DC character)…

4. Well if CW does this right and makes him a recurring player, he could spin off into their next CW series

5. clintbrew says:

they should had casted mark valley also will the rest of the team be in arrow

6. Joey Padron says:

Good casting. Looking forward to see him in new season

7. Lyn says:

I’d rather have Mark Valley, Chi McBride and Jackie Earl Haley back minus Pucci the pill.

8. Lily says:

Me: Who is that tall drink of yum playing the Sheriff of Nottingham?

Several months later…

Me: Who is that tall drink of yum playing Officer Simpson? Oh, it’s the same guy!

Several months later…

Me: Arrow is trash. I’m never watching again!

Today…

Me: Well, crap. I guess I’m watching Arrow.

• Sam says:

This made me LOL, because I was thinking the same thing and remembered why I left in the first place. So unfortunately Arrow is still trash until the crossover. Meh!!

9. Cmdr. Shepard says:

Could we please have a show starring Mark Valley, Colin Ferguson, and Joe Flanagan as varying degrees of grizzled, wry-witted cops investigating other-worldly crimes? I miss these guys on my tv and they’re too talented to be out of work!

• Lyn says:

OK by me provided we can have a reboot of The Sons of Katie Elder with Mark Valley, Jon Bon Jovi, Simon Baker and Jack Wagner as the brothers.

10. texmike says:

This stinks! I want them to use Mark Valley. He is the Human Target

11. Buddy Glenn says:

That would have been fun to see Mark Valley back as The Human Target. Fox gave up on that show too fast.

• Marco Piazzo says:

But they managed to ruin it first.

• kirads09 says:

Yeah, IMO the 2nd season with bringing Elaaria Sand (Indira Varma) as rich lady. Kinda messed up the dynamic of the team.

• dkleener says:

Yep. The first season had that daring dynamic of them relying on their contacts and being independent. The second season seemed to domesticate them with Pucci looking over their shoulders all the time. I also hated that they replaced the Bear McCreary theme with that thumping instrument theme.

12. retsim says:

Mark Valley was great in Human Target .Hope the new guy does it justice .

13. kirads09 says:

I loved the Human Target with Mark Valley (at least the first season). And Jackie Earl should’ve had his own spin off as Guerrero – Dude!

14. Belle says:

Ah man, love Mark Valley!!! Wish he was given a shot at it…he needs another show PRONTO!!!

• Lyn says:

I’d love to see him in a role as a hard boiled detective [private not police], something Chandleresque or even a duo in the style of The Thin Man, Hart to Hart or Mr. & Mrs. North.

15. Sam says:

All the Human Target comments make me happy. You guys are the real VIP’s with your nostalgia. Thanks for being a great TV community and thanks TVline for for giving us the ability to chat about TV,

16. Tony Sell says:

In my honest opinion I do think there should be some more cross over between The Flash and Arrow. Don’t get me wrong they are both great stand alone shows, but who doesn’t love Barry Allen/Flash and Oliver Queen/Green Arrow kicking butt together.