Scream Halloween Special

Scream Halloween Special to Answer Unresolved Questions From Season 2

Scream may not have clinched a third-season renewal (yet), but that doesn’t mean you’ve seen the last of Lakewood.

As revealed during Tuesday’s Scream After Dark, a two-hour Scream Halloween special will air in October, which will clear up all unanswered questions posed by the Season 2 finale. (I thought TVLine’s interview with the showrunners took care of that pretty well, but hey, I’m biased.)

Following Tuesday’s after-show, the official Scream account tweeted this sneak peek video:

No further details about the special are available, including whether or not it will serve as a potential wrap-up for the series.

Will you be tuning in? Are you hoping for a third season of Scream? Whatever’s on your mind, drop it in a comment below.

1. Joey Padron says:

Can’t wait to see Halloween special in October! Season 2 was good.

2. TV Addict says:

Why do I get the sense that this is MTV’s way of effectively ending the series? I mean wouldn’t those unanswered questions be something they’d explore in Season 3?

• Jon says:

First thing that came to mind. If that’s the case then I guess it’s bittersweet, since, with some better writing the show could have really blossomed into something better.

• datdudemurphy says:

MTV doesn’t generally give their shows “closure”

see : Eye Candy. Finding Carter. Faking It.

a special to wrap things up and answer questions is about the most respect I’ve seen MTV give a show.

3. Ken says:

I’m excited for this! I don’t remember any network being able to secretly film two extra episodes without it getting spoiled. I hope it doesn’t serve as a series finale as I want a season 3.

• Ryan M. says:

Season 2 was renewed for 14 episodes. They’re simply using 2 episodes that will serve as a HALLOWEEN SPECIAL. Should air Oct 18. Season 3 should be confirmed soon.

• Dave says:

That doesn’t make sense. So they filmed 14 but revealed the killer in episode 12? So these other 2 were supposed to air in-person? Why would they make 12 the finale then and hold off these two they filmed?

• Ryan M. says:

The showrunners said in a podcast (I’ll find a link and send it to you) that they planned Kieran being a killer from S02E01; That episode 12 was going to be the “big finale”, then a 2p 80min Halloween Special would tie loose ends in case they never got renewed… I heard that the special will be airing October 18, and that season 3 is on the verge of being confirmed. Also that *SPOILER ALERT* if Season 3 is greenlit, then Noah would be the final killer. They want you to believe that was the actual BJ calling Kieran, and stabbing that note, by the way.

• Dave says:

Oh wow. Interesting. Ty for the tidbits. I guess even though they planned this Halloween thing as a wrap up in case of cancellation, they’re gonna have to accept it as an end and beginning if they get that renewal. I’m excited.

• jack matthews says:

Spoiler–…..What’s your source for knowing Noah is the final killer?…or is it just a theory you heard?…also could you send me that podcast I’d love to hear it

• Andy says:

The original showrunner said in an interview that Noah was going to be the second killer until John Karna’s performance made her change her mind. However, she’s no longer involved with the series, so whether or not that results in a return to the original plan remains to be seen.

• Savannah says:

Oh my gosh I was so shocked when Noah got stabbed. I would hate to lose that character. I did wonder about how the cop said “How does someone get buried alive with no fingerprints?” or something like that, which I think could have been answered with ‘the killer wore gloves’, but they didn’t say that, so maybe Noah is hiding things. Either way I love him and hope they don’t turn him evil. (and realllly hope we get a third season)

• me too!!!!!! season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Lisa says:

There HAS to be a third season!!

5. Jason.W says:

Really wouldn’t mind getting a third season as it’s the only tv show I actually enjoy watching, yes the killers are a little obvious but I just get in to the whole “who done it” thing and I like to see the back story’s for each of the characters. But what ever they do at least there is one more final show down (the suspense is killing me already)

• Damien says:

the special im guessing is supposed to show the real third killer which would obviously tie up the origins of this demigraphic which means it is greatly possible that season 3 will happen with a fourth and final killer and you know what im all in that because three killers sounds amazing to end the first part of the story but to end it off with a fourth and final tying all together would be nice either way i can wait to find out in the special who this third killer is im worried as well though but look forward to it even if no renewal happens s this series will always be apart of my life i loved the movies and the show has given new life to the series i cant wait to see the true finale to season 2…. i believe October 18th is the special… im all for this to continue for a third season and i hope all the fans are there to support the cause

• Nancy says:

Stavo is Keirans accomplice. Why else would he torture Brooke and call her room “for Special friends”! The same way Hailey was the special friend at the party. Look for more murder on the Halloween special…

• Scott Wisner says:

Season 2 killer was never obvious. I never saw that coming. It only made sense in the last mins of episode

6. Karma says:

I hope for season 3

7. Alanistic says:

Is this possibly the blind item cancellation Michael Ausellio warned us about?

8. katie says:

i love watching the scream seasons and i do really really hope they do a season three

9. Stacy says:

I am loving all of this Scream coverage! It is a great show, way above what I expected when I accidentally started watching it last summer. Now it is actually one of my favorite shows and I look so forward to watching (and sometimes rewatching) it. I am super hopeful for q season 3. I mean, how can they go from having an after show to getting cancelled?!? It would be so weird.

10. Brad says:

They need season 3. They could take several routes and have Emma’s dad be the killer, or Brandon James come back to finish the job. Either way, I feel like more is left to be discussed. I need answers. How did Kieran do all the techy stuff and hacking? Who broke into Emma’s house? I mean, Kieran was home and Eli was eating cereal so there’s someone else. So much left.

• Damien says:

the third killer will be revealed in the special a secret one that im sure neither piper or keiran knew but they probably knew existed which would make season 3 a none cliff hanger lead in and have like an origin story of the original killer coming after emma and audrey and the rest of the group to finish business that was yet to have been done

11. blah says:

I can’t wait, I’m so excited for this, I really hope there is a third season.

12. ScottJ says:

Unless the show is very cheap to make I would say its cancelled. The ratings for this season averaged about half of those for the first season. Eye Candy and RJ Berger were cancelled with higher ratings; Finding Carter and Happyland were cancelled with around the same ratings.

13. Christina Thompson says:

I hope they renew it for a third season. Mr and my wife are hooked and we got a lot of people into it. We will be highly upset if it isn’t renewed. They need to change the late time slot. I think that would help a lot. If they can make that horrible excuse of a movie Scream 4 then they can renew the show. Which is so much better than the movies!!!! Keep it going please!!!! BTW we love you Bex!!!!!!

14. james says:

Love this show I hope there is a thru season it’s good and I think season 3 could be even better plus there were 3 original scream movies there should at least be 3 seasons praying

15. Megan says:

LOVE MTV’s Scream I can’t wait for the October special. Hope they’ll renew and we all can see season 3 love me some bloody killings :)

16. Ian says:

I really hope this show sticks around for atleast a couple more seasons. I love it so much.

17. Gabby says:

I love the show hope it continues for at least another season.I can’t wait for the Halloween episode.

18. Nathalie says:

Well I hope they decide to go for another season but if they don’t at least they’ll wrap it up in some way for us with a special. I can’t stand when shows like this get cancelled before the storyline is over.

19. ryan mckay says:

I really really hope there will be a season 3 I need my scream fix!!!

20. Lauren says:

I really want to see Eli come back!! In the season 2 finale, Eli was shot several times, but they never confirmed his death. They never even showed anyone taking his body! Which makes me think that maybe after being shot, he hid in another room until things calmed down.

21. Melissa says:

Tie up the loose ends on the special and be done with it

22. Michael Anthony says:

I wonder if you get the special if you bought s2 on like amazon.

23. Jacqueline says:

LOVE THE SHOW! Thanks netflix lol!! when is season 3 online?!!

24. D says:

I really hope they make a season 3 I love this series

25. Cindy Zhang says:

Really hope for a third season of this television show scream, we finally found out the killer is kieran but there could be more of a story plot. So please renew this show for a third season! Thank you! :)

26. lol says:

This is easy . When Eli went in the back yard and seen that note he put a knife through it and blood on it to scare Emma’s mom. I doubt the real Brandon james returned. When the phone call happened . I honestly think it was Noah and them acting like the killer so Kiernan would think the real killer is out there . That could be revenge from Audrey and emma. I honestly do not think a new killer returned . In the Halloween special they will confirm my theory . Why would they try to make a season 3 when season 2 ratings went down the drain . I doubt a season 3 is in the makes . My theory makes perfect sense.

27. Kate says:

There has to be a season 3!! Just cus the ratings are low on mtv doesn’t mean nobody watches it on Netflix!!! It’s got five stars!!! SEASON 3!!!!!!!😝

28. Raymond Michael says:

Yes I love scream it is honestly my 2nd favorite tv show right behind The Walking Dead! I love the suspense and the characters are all cool, Noah is probably my favorite and I can’t believe keirnan was the killer… I’ve seen all 4 Scream movies and I like the show even better. Please have a season 3..go all the way to at least 5 seasons! That would be great. Cast me if you want for a small role, haha that would be even better and I promise I won’t disappoint. Thanks MTV.

29. Chloe says:

I so hope they make a new season it is an amazing show!!

30. Álvaro says:

Ami si me gustaria que hubiera tercera temporada por que la verdad es que esta a estado bien por que lo que mas me a gustado a sido que no te esperabas quien era el asesino por que en el capitulo de las ferias a kieran lo secuestra el verdadero asesino me a gustado mucho y espero que la sigais haciendo y que cada episodio sea mas intenso

31. Sean says:

WE NEED A SEASON 3, IT’S THE BEST SHOW EVER

32. Tots says:

So, we’re Emma and Audrey were on a date or not? 😐

33. Sarah Doughty says:

Pleeeeeeeease do a season 3!! This programme is brilliant!!!

34. Jana Cordrey says:

I hope there is a Season three. My sister, my niece watch it religiously. The ending to season two was fantastic. We record the show so we never miss it. Looking forward to the special.

35. Aunt Jams says:

My sister and my niece love this show. I love the suspense. I was totally blown away by the second season’s finale. Hope there is another season. I would definitely watch. I’m already wanting the first and second season on DVD. I’m a hopeless treat her. 😊💕

36. Elizabeth Varela says:

I fell in love with Scream! Really hoping there will be a season three!!

37. Marty says:

I hope they do get a season 3.

38. Bob says:

It’s possible that MTV is trying something different to see if the show can get more viewers and in that case will determine if they renew it or not, at the same time this special allows the Producers to answer un-resolved questions and tie up any storylines lose ends which means they will cover their ass in this 2 hour special, it wouldn’t surprise me if this special is partially a wrap up and with just enough to set the stage for a possible SN 3, I don’t think they will leave much of a cliff hanger at the end, I think what ever they do it could serve as an ending while still leaving enough room for more.

39. Jude Jordan says:

I really do hope there is a season 3 of scream I love this show and hopefully there is a surprise in this Halloween special and hopefully if a 3rd season there will be a big suprise.

40. Nelda Castillo says:

I really liked the series! I’m hoping for a Season 3

41. Jacy says:

Yes !!! Please make a season three of scream!!! Please!!

42. Miranda Roanhorse says:

There needs to be a season 3 this is my favorite show!!!!!!! This has to keep rolling more Scream please!!!!

43. Vinh Phan says:

I am addicted to this series PLEASE MAKE MORE

44. Sarah Halabi says:

I hope there is a season 3. It would be totally worth it!!

45. Sage says:

I understand that it could be a good idea to stop the show while it’s still good, but I would LOVE season 3. As long as they are careful they could make another brilliant season, but maybe season 3 should be the last.

46. Evan says:

I want season three soooo bad

47. Emily says:

I just watched the final episode and I’m speechless. I had no idea it was Keiran😭 Please give us a season 3

48. megan says:

SEASON 3PLEASE !!!! also I think Eli should live to the next episodes/ season it would make a lot of people happy, 50 cent lived, he can lol. I don’t know how I feel seeing episodes with Kieran not being emmas boyfriend unless Eli comes back as Emmas boyfriend and they start the episode with Eli and Emma, BRING BACK ELI!

49. Madddie says:

I’m hoping for a season 3, you can’t just leave us off with a cliffhanger and then all of a sudden the show gets cancelled like what the heck. I personally just can’t get enough of it, the actors and actresses do a very good job expressing the emotions, especially the anger and sadness. I’m hoping that we can get a season 3 so I can see more of my precious Audrey Jensen who is played by the wonderful Bex Taylor-Klaus. #screamteam #MTVscream

50. No Name says:

I think there should be a season 3. I absolutely loved this show. When I first seen it on MTV I had my doubts but I watched it on Netflix and fell inlove with that show. (: