Exclusive
Once Upon a Time Season 6 Snow White

Once Upon a Time's Snow Is Haunted By a Past Evil — Fall TV First Look

Snow White would be well advised to “watch her six” when ABC’s Once Upon a Time returns.

In this exclusive photo below from Season 6 (premiering Sunday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c), Snow, David and Regina (played by Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas and Lana Parrilla) are out exploring a most unusual crash site in the Storybrooke woods, in the wake of the Untold Stories characters relocating to their quaint Maine burg. Little does the princess/warrior know, something that Regina’s regal self did in the past is poised to also come crashing down around her.

“Snow’s history with Regina comes back to haunt her and Charming,” co-showrunner Adam Horowitz tells TVLine, “as a plan set in motion years ago by the Evil Queen comes to dangerous fruition in present-day Storybrooke.”

Might this ominous twist tie into what Josh Dallas shared at Comic-Con (in the video down below), that “some things [David] thought were truths in his life… maybe weren’t so true”? That the Charmings would have “stuff to deal with”?

Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Once Upon a Time Season 6

VIDEO: Once Upon a Time Cast on Season 6’s ‘Pure Evil’ Queen,
Charming’s Big Surprise and Belle’s ‘New Perspective’

1. val says:

Kinda not surprised with who messed ppl’s life, its either Regina or the other R – Rumple

2. Jennifer says:

I have no idea what to make of all this but I am eagerly anticipating seeing how the Evil Queen’s presence will impact the current relationships between the Charmings and Regina. Hopefully this means some great material for Ginny, with both Josh and Lana.

3. Chasty says:

This hasn’t even happened yet, and I’m already tired of it.

• KT says:

Like!

And I don’t mean to sound mean, but I wish Gennifer Goodwin would grow her hair out. The current style isn’t very flattering.

• A Cat says:

If you don’t mean to be mean, I would hate to see you trying. I think she looks lovey, but it really doesn’t impact the story one way or the other. Except, the shorter
        acts as a visual marker between the past in the Enchanted Forest and the present in Storybrooke.

• jhall1ny says:

Ginny’s hairstyle is very fitting for Mary Margaret’s character. Mary Margaret is a lovely young school teacher who is very in tune with nature. Her hairstyle suits this role. Btw Ginny rocks the pixie cut!

• A Cat says:

She does and it probably fits her lifestyle of a mother of two young boys. She was gorgeous when she was younger and had longer hair, but her life has changed so much since then. She’s a wife and mother now.

• bobbie says:

Gennifer has had a wig clause written into her contracts since before OUaT. It might not be her best look, but she doesn’t have to sit for hours getting her hair done or I am guessing dealing with it on a daily bases. Mad respect for putting particularity above all else.

4. A Cat says:

It sounds like the Evil Queen had some kind of backup in place in case the dark curse was broken. Every time I stop caring about this show they give up something like this and I get pulled back in and I start caring . Curse you Once Upon a Time show runners! I mean that in the most loving way. Bring on the Snow, Charming and Regina drama.

5. JenE says:

I would love to find out that Charming’s father and Regina’s father were brothers.

• A Cat says:

Interesting theory. I hope we find out something more this season about James and David’s father.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Yeah, David said his father died in a Tavern, but maybe he doesn’t know the half of it. And since we were spoiled that he will learn that the mythology of is past that he believed will turn out not true, and it will affect some of his relationships.

And since we will see Hook has a dark past that will affect some of his relationships, it might have something to do with Charming’s father. I mean Hook was known to go to Taverns during his voyages, including the time where Snow and Charming first met. So some people believe that it is possible that Hook was fully responsible for David’s father’s death. But nothing was confirmed yet. But if so, that would be the second child he left fatherless which later leads Charming to be Parentless (meaning when his mother dies thanks to King George), thanks to the barbaric villains.

6. Marie says:

Oh great. The same old, same old then. How many times can they go back to the boring Snowing v Regina stuff – it’s done.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Much better than last season. Since last season lost so many ratings of the show because the General Audience were not happy with the CS sillyness. The Snowing vs the Evil Queen was the root of the show. And if this is a way to bring the show back into action or bring it back the way it was, so be it. Get over it. And besides, we were informed that this is Snowing year, which seems to mean we will have alot more focus on the Charmings this time.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

• Heather says:

I agree.

While I love Regina & Snowing (Regina my favorite), the EQ vs. Snow drama is beyond played out. This show seems incapable of allowing characters to maintain any consistent growth and in other cases, leaves characters hanging in the dust before dumping them (aka. Robin Hood).

Now, while I have the uttermost confidence that this repetitive cycle of story-telling would far surpass the ridiculousness of s5 and the continuous CS snorefest, it’s still not enough to bring me back and I doubt it will spark anything for a good majority who already left. Too much writing damage against favorite characters, stories, or pairings is canon. The worst is now to be expected. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me and I check things out but I think it’s time to follow my initial gut instincts and cut off spoilers too.

7. Sade S Ford says:

I wish this show would stop rewriting history. Especially for Snowing. They never come out the characters they were before. Lily’s arc comes to mind. That was a horrible rewriting of history for them. I don’t want focus on them, it usually results in them being made to seem like they were never really the heroes we thought they were.

I’m also over evil queen Regina. Let the characters grow and retain it. The show didn’t lose viewers because of Captain Swan, they lost viewers because everything circles back to Regina or Rumple. It’s lather, tinse, repeat, every season and I got tired of it long ago.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Wrong again. Since the dark swan arc, they lost alot of viewers. They were not happy with that ship. Let’s just say they were not happy with the two ships (CS & OQ) because they were not working out well. And you wonder why OQ was already dead. Yes, an d the same thing can even happen to CS (most likely this season). It was a major disappointment. I read about it.

And for the record, the Lily arc was all Isaac’s fault, not theirs. Remember he set them both up to hurt Maleficent & Lily, he was the villain and culprit behind the drama. And if we see Lily return I can see this settled that will inform and berate her (as well as Emma) that that slime was the one to blame from the beginning. And I can see the two girls apologize to her for what they both did and said to her.

And too bad for you, because The Charmings didn’t get alot of focus since after season 3, and now this season seems to be their big chance as well as the Evil Queen rising. Why many people are getting excited for the three of them this season, much better then last season. And so far, from many filming photos, we are seeing alot of focus on Snow aside from Regina and the Queen. Like how we will see how Snow and Cinderella first met and how the Queen was mainly trying to get Snow’s heart and had the Count try to kill her. I can see Emma focusing on saving her mom alot as well.

Also it seems that Snow and Jasmine have a connection and were old friends. Another one of Snow’s adventures and historical events where she befriends other heroes from other stories like she did with, Red, Granny, the Dwarfs, Ariel, Cinderella (which we are about to see), & Hercules (the greatest and strongest of all heroes who instructed her).

And for Charming, I can’t wait to see what secret was kept from him. Many people seem to think that it might have something to do with his father.

• Michelle says:

Loss of viewers isn’t always about the ships. Most of the time, it’s about poor story-telling. I was really excited about both Camelot and the Underworld, but the writers managed to completely squander the opportunities they had. There was so much potential, and it was wasted on so many filler episodes that had nothing to do with moving the plot forward (ex. the Merida episode in 5A, the Gaston and Dorothy episodes in 5B), going to Camelot but not actually doing much of anything with Camelot lore, and so many poor writing choices in the Underworld that I watched several episodes on fast forward.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

It’s still either one. Probably both. Well anyway, I am going to enjoy seeing the old times again. And since Meghan Ory is done filimg her latest film, she would probably be back to play Red again, with Dorothy and Toto returning as well this season, if we get an announcement.

• dana says:

I couldn’t agree more. I honestly can’t believe the arrogance Kitsis and Horowitz spew in interviews. They were great at delivering the basic premise in seasons 1 & 2, but their writing has become more abysmal with each episode thereafter. They have no concept of human psychology, social structure nor consistent writing. They constantly undermine their own creations. As for relationships, how horrible is it to pair their savior with her deceased lovers’ step-father? And their message that “love will redeem” narcissistic, homicidal criminals without a dispensation of justice whatsoever is a horrible message to send out.

• Heather says:

CS has been dominating screentime – every other pairing was either ignored, downplayed (Snowing), separated (*coughs* OQ + Rumbelle) and given over the top soap opera angst that fans got fed up with while CS are constantly rewarded with happy reunions at the end of each arc. So the fans departed – in OQ’s case, departing since the baby drama at the end of s4. OQ got so ignored Robin Hood merely turned into a prop for Zelena’s baby redemption arc and Rumbelle written completely at odds.

Pairings account for part of the loss of interest but I can guarantee Rumple and Regina were never the problem for the ratings, lol. They were the top fan favorites who got cast aside in s4 + s5 for the Frozen arc, Emma’s tale of woe with Ingrid, and the Snowing drama involving Lily + Emma’s darkness. S5 was dominated by Dark Swan, saving Emma, saving Hook and then an UW arc that turned Hades into a love interest for Zelena. Regina was busy being a side-lined cheerleader to chasing down baby Robyn for Robin Hood. True love was shown to prevail for CS with a Hook resurrection while Robin Hood got no back story and his soul was destroyed. So how did everything come back to Regina or Rumple again in s5 as ratings plummeted? The answer is it didn’t and that was probably the problem. Rumple & Regina were lucky if they got side stories in s4 and s5. In addition to this, the writing sucked and became totally plot driven with no character development.

The one point I do agree with is enough of the repetitive recycling of the EQ drama. Regina is supposed to have redeemed at this point – let the growth stick and show us meaningful development of Snow + Regina instead. Stop sacrificing character development for cheap conflict. They pull the same crap with Rumple, ping ponging between changing and back sliding. As a Regina fan, I am over it.

8. Nicky Aiuto says:

What tv series Matt Webb? What do you mean Meghan was filming in a new tv series? There was no report, I found nothing on the list. The last thing she filmed in was Chesapeake Shores.