Nashville Season 5 Premiere Date

Nashville Creator Teases Season 5 Premiere Date on CMT

Christmas may be coming early for Nashville fans.

Series creator Callie Khouri allegedly announced on Friday night at a Grant Ole Opry concert, which counted Nashville star Charles Esten among its headliners, that the ex-ABC drama would launch its fifth season on CMT and Hulu this December.

When reached for comment, a CMT spokesperson, however, maintained to TVLine that a Season 5 premiere date had not been set.

CMT announced in early June that it had officially ordered a 22-episode fifth season of the Connie Britton-Hayden Panettiere musical soap in the wake of the show’s surprising cancellation at ABC. As part of the deal, Hulu will stream each episode the day after it airs on the cable network.

With the exception of Will Chase and Aubrey Peeples, who played Luke and Layla, respectively, the entire cast — including Britton and Panettiere — will be back for Season 5. Thirtysomething‘s Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick, meanwhile, have replaced Dee Johnson as showrunner.

1. Maureen Singh says:

Praying like crazy that CMT Canada will broadcast this show. Love this show.

2. Deb says:

Hope it’s true! Also,it’s Grand Ole Opry NOT Grant Ole Opry

3. Annabanana says:

I live in Europe and last season Nashville episodes were available on Netflix the day after airing on ABC. Would that still be the case?

4. TJ. Church says:

Who cares when it premieres?! This proves nobody involved in this show now or then knows the right time(s; potential options in the past) knows when/how to end it!

5. Chad says:

Someone needs to tell Michael Ausiello that a “premiere date” should be a little bit more specific than just December. An actual day in December would be helpful. Until that information is released saying that a premiere date has “leaked” or been announced is completely false.

6. Carol Tolbert says:

you missed two of the best “why can’t I say goodnight” and What in the World.

7. Kelly says:

December would be perfect! Something to watch when all of the other shows are on Christmas hiatus. Now just need to find out if CMT Canada will be airing it as well…….

8. TV Gord says:

I’m fairly confident CMT Canada will have it, too. They’re running CMT’s other scripted show, Still The King, so they’ll probably have Nashville, too.

9. John036 says:

So no one is going to comment on the CMBeat tweet that misspelled ‘creator’?

10. Linda R. Diaz says:

Can’t wait to watch NASHVILLE again! So many of my friends and relatives are big fans of this show, too! CMT is great!

11. Gloria scott says:

So glad Nashville is coming back on CMT. Best show on TV. Country celebrators on the show also makes the show entertaining plus the drama is superb! Never cancel this show!

12. Danielle says:

I’m so happy Nashville will be back! Best show on TV!!!!

13. Mrs. Rollande Pilbrow says:

Hello,

I am been monitoring the return of Nashville and totally excited about it. I have watch every single episodes, this is an amazing series and I admire for the way it touches all diiferent aspects of country music from being a child of an alcoolic single mom to being born in a rich family and my absolute favorite that yes country male singers can be gay. Keep it going for 5 more seasons at least :)

Rollande
    Nepean, Ontario Canada

14. Mrs. Rollande Pilbrow says:

Please CMT Canada get it for us Canadian fans

15. Jenn says:

I hope and pray they come back on air I love love the show

16. I emailed Lionsgate (they produce the show) and they replied that they intend on making Nashville available in Canada. They are just not sure yet which network will air it (CMT Canada or another one). They said stay tuned for local announcements.

17. shirley cummings says:

How can a show be a hit when its always so iffy, you never know when or where it is coming loved this show , but never know when it is coming on or what channel it will come on . Hey people, get it together.

18. Jackie Williams says:

I am truly disappointed that ABC cancelled Nashville. Hopefully CMT will pick up the fifth season. I’ve always enjoyed Nashville. Good luck to all of the artists in the show.

19. Mary Johnson says:

Nashville is my number one show to watch and many of my friends over the age of 70 sa the same. Please keep it going. We love Decon.

20. Virginia Lopez says:

SO HAPPY TO HEAR IT’S COMING BACK, I NEVER WISHED IT HAD GONE OFF THE AIR…LOVE THE MUSIC, AND I DON’T EVEN LIKE COUNTY MUSIC, BUT THE MUSIC THEY PLAY, AND SING I SO LOVE….

21. Donna Ewing says:

So good bye to Audrey Peoples —- would love to see Chaley Rose come back – better voice!

22. Linda Hudson says:

I am very upset that Nashville is airing on cmt. In order to watch the show which I totally love I have to get a whole sports package on Comcast. Wish it was on a different channel!

23. Regina Hughes says:

So happy Nashville back on it was wonderful watching it again can’t wait till next week to see it again I look forward to Nashville I’m a cancer patient and it’s really nice to have something to take my mind off of it and Nashville does that for me so thank you all for realizing that Nashville was a great show and for picking it up

24. Susie Brooks says:

So glad its coming back on!! Love this show!!

25. Susie Brooks says:

So glad Nashville is coming back on!!