Homeland Season 6 Premiere Date

Homeland Season 6, Billions Season 2 Get Premiere Dates at Showtime

Showtime has big plans for 2017, beginning with the return of Homeland.

Season 6 of the Claire Danes-led drama will premiere Sunday, Jan. 15 at 9/8c, the network announced Thursday during the Television Critics Association summer press tour. Additionally, the second season of the Paul Giamatti/Damien Lewis drama Billions will premiere Sunday, Feb. 19 at 10/9c.

Per the announcement, Homeland‘s sixth season “picks up several months [after the events of Season 5] and finds Carrie Mathison back on American soil, living in Brooklyn, New York. She has begun working at a foundation whose efforts are to provide aid to Muslims living in the U.S. Season six will tackle the after effects of the U.S. presidential election, with the entire season taking place between election day and the inauguration. It’s a strange, transitional time in the halls of government filled with anxiety and different competing interests, where a very fragile and complex transfer of power takes place between the outgoing president and the incoming president-elect.”

As for Billions, Season 2 “finds the characters vying for control in a changing world that presents an existential threat. For all of them, it’s a choice between evolution and extinction.”

Your thoughts on Showtime’s two big returns? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Kevin K says:

Talk about a great combo – Homeland and Billions set to return January 15th. Damian Lewis will still be missed on Homeland and I like on how he’s going to from his TV chemistry with Claire Danes to butt heads with Paul Giamatti.

2. Lou says:

With such a big amount of time between seasons, people forget what happened on previous episodes or switch to something else to watch with the new fall season. Big mistake with length of time between seasons. Why oh why?

• Jody says:

I agree. I was so looking forward to watching Homeland this fall – it’s such a good release from all the other stuff that goes on – Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. I’m disappointed now. Too much time from season to season. I have kept Showtime just to watch Homeland and now I don’t know.

• I agree – time elapse between seasons is a huge mistake.

3. Beverly says:

I has to watch many back seasons when I finally discovered Homeland last year. Hate to have to wait till January for it to return. I enjoy Billions, but not as much. Interesting that they kill an actor off in Homeland then give him the starring role in Billions. I think because fans really objected to his execution and the way it was horribly done. I too ordered Showtime just for Homeland but have decided from here on to just cancel at the end of the series and order it again when it is coming on the next season. Then do that every year. Lots of money to be saved

4. Beverly says:

My last comment….I did not proof read. Should read I had Typo.

5. Beverly says:

Typo at the very beginning of my last post. Should read I had.

6. J Sal says:

Enjoy the intrigue of both series. Looking forward to their premieres. Even read Homeland based novels this summer!

7. Ted says:

Homeland is usually in the Fall. Why the change?

8. Doris Morris says:

I am very disappointed that I have to wait till January of next year for the next season of “Homeland”. Too much time between seasons for such a great show!