X-Files Finale Chris Carter

The X-Files Season 11: Fox Eyeing Longer Run of '8 to 10 New Episodes

Fox wants more The X-Files — in every sense of the word.

Immediately following Monday’s Fox executive session at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, Dana Walden — Chairman and CEO of the Fox Television Group — told reporters that a potential 11th season would likely exceed Season 10’s relatively short six-episode run.

“We would have liked to have done more [episodes] in the first place,” said Walden. “It was really the limitations of David and Gillian and Chris’ schedules. Gillian lives in the UK, David lives in New York and California, and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north. So it was just trying to coordinate a time where they all carve out a period to be in Vancouver.”

This time around, the network and studio “have longer to plan” for another season. “We’re in conversations that intentionally we could do more,” she said. “I don’t imagine it being a full season of The X-Files, but I would be really happy if we were able to get eight to 10 episodes.”

1. 8-10 would be nice, I hope they’re able to coordinate everyone’s schedules in a timely fashion.

2. Josh says:

Just let this show die. The reboot was awful across the board, and no amount of Mulder/Scully can make Chris Carter’s “writing” any less appealing.

• kris says:

no one will force you to watch it. your choice! I want more!

• TV Gord says:

I’ve read that from a number of never-to-be-satisfied snobs, but I enjoyed the new episodes. I know that leaves me open to ridicule for not knowing garbage when it’s cast before me, but I’ll just have to live with the simple knowledge that I allowed myself to enjoy the new episodes more than those who would rather feel superior by hating everything.

:-)

• E says:

It’s not about being a snob, it’s about being a fan who wants some freaking answers! Where did the super soldiers go? Where is Toothpick Man? What happened to Gibson Praise? There are so many threads they could have continued and they just made up that crap about the scoops on that girl’s belly and a new informant. And did you WATCH Babylon?! That whole mushroom trip was NOT the X-Files I know.

• JR1990 says:

X-Files had a lot of silly experimental episodes during it’s original run. Babylon was just another one of those.

I personally thought the two “My Struggle” episodes were beyond flat and didn’t do justice to what a Mythology episode should be.

That being said, I really want another season regardless.

• dmdcash says:

Not to mention the STUPID things CC did…don’t any of the CC “fanboys” pay attention or are they so giddy that M/S are on screen that details don’t matter? CSM survivinga missile? Mulder driving THREE HOURS each way from the Unremarkable house to DC? Scully working at the hospital in VIRGINIA and living in DC? The revival supposedly was SIX WEEKS LONG???? Hello? Scully had to give notice at the hospital, they had to REQUALIFY for the FBI, they had all those cases they went on, Scully would have taken time off for her Mother’s death, ALL IN SIX WEEKS? GTFO of here CC….DO YOUR JOB and pay attention!!

• Pamela says:

Excellent comment!!!

• BillyBobJohnson says:

It’s a fictional show. They can screw with the timeline any way they want. Let me guess, you voiced the same comments about “24”.

• dmdcash says:

Seriously? You are using the “fictional” defense? Then why even pay attention if details don’t matter? What is the point then?

• ML says:

I mean, it wasn’t perfect, but any long running show rarely is. Smoking Man continously surviving in itself is an X File. He even said he couldn’t explain why, and who knows, maybe they’ll elaborate on it. Virginia is on the border of DC, so that easily explains why she can live in one and work in the other. It wasn’t the best season, but I don’t think it was horrible, and I still hope to see more.

• paulsky1 says:

I “Marathoned”the whole show from beginning to end. I also enjoyed the final season, the conspiracy had to start at some point and they already had a date for it. I personally enjoyed them, but for some reason I miss robert patrick as an actor XD

• BillyBobJohnson says:

Save yourself the heartburn – don’t watch. The rest of us actually liked many parts of the last season.

• Mike says:

I am afraid Josh, you are alone in that opinion. The Revival Series 10 was absolutely fantastic and most if not all of us are eagerly waiting on Series 11.

• Dmdcash says:

He is not alone…rotten tomatoes ranks CC’s three EPA as garbage. Critics destroyed My Struggle and My Struggle 2. CC dialogue is pathetic…CC is so stupid he had M/S on screen in the final episode for seconds…let the show die or get rid of CC…he has become George Lucas…

• JL says:

What are you talking about? The X-Files is not a show. It is a non fictional account of what is happening in the world now. Do you think they can really just think up these episodes? Are the writers that talented? No way. it’s all real. We are doomed. Good luck all.

3. Iris says:

As long as I get more Mulder and Scully I’ll be happy.

4. Simon Jester says:

It’s not the season that needs to be longer, but the writing that needs to be better.

5. kmw says:

Eight to ten would be a good number but I hope Carter can let go of the reins and let another X -File vet write and direct

6. Michael Summerset says:

The only point in more episodes is to resolve the stupid cliffhanger they left the show on.

7. RedReddington says:

As long as Chris Carter isn’t writing them, I’m good with anything.

8. Carol Mincey says:

Ten 10 please let it be 10!

9. Donna Salvi says:

Hopefully, it’s better than the last season. If not, then keep it at 6.

10. kaliber says:

The front page headline is quite a bit misleading.
    The X-Files: Super-Sized Season 11?
    If we’re talking about 8-10 episodes, then the answer is no. Because that’s not “super-sized”.

11. david thayer says:

Forget it in 2 years people will be dead that waited to see it or the actors may become ill.they are getting old.and the way they potrayed mulder was stupid.he playedcmore of a clown than the old mulder.

• dmdcash says:

CC hates Mulder…he has destroyed him. Ever since Requiem Mulder has been WORTHLESS….CC has him abandon his family (something he would NEVER DO since he would have learned from his own parents’ failings), he makes Mulder a BUM in the revival, while Scully is ultra successful at whatever new medical thing she is doing. He makes Tad this ULTRA successful NUTCASE that is even more out there than Mulder, but Mulder is a worthless bum, and Tad is successful. THEN to rub Mulder’s nose in it further, Tad hits on Mulder’s soulmate. What happened to the Oxford Educated Master criminal profiler? WHY is he worthless?

12. BillyBobJohnson says:

Bring back Gilligan, Spotnitz, perhaps some prominent sci-fi writers (Neil Gaiman?) to do the writing. Then gently ask Carter to stay away from the writer’s room. Eight shows sounds about right. Keep the season short, simple and tight.

13. flmabon says:

Yaaaaaaaaaas! PLEASE AND THANK YOU! Bring them back. Been there since the beginning years ago! I want to Believe!

14. soleil444 says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! (=i’m so happy xD) but 2018 LOL

15. Laurie McGee says:

I wish the powers that be would just not bother to tell us anything anymore until they have ALL actually worked it out and have a timeline with definite plans and signed contracts. Otherwise it feels like we are being given false hope and being toyed with. I am not enjoying that at all and it actually makes me somewhat angry. With that being said, I would love for there to be a Season 11. It was fantastic seeing the actors back in their roles again. It was just hard to watch because it was so rushed and had to be so condensed. I can’t stand how it ended knowing that there is always the chance there may not be a Season 11. I started watching from the first episode when it originally aired in 1993 when I was 23 and continued watching until it ended in Season 9. I will always have a soft spot for Scully, Mulder, and Skinner –and an interest to see how the storyline of X-Files Universe plays out.

16. Robin Marie Ballweg says:

Can wait for more files. My family and I love the show.

17. Pat Keller says:

I was hoping we would see more about William perhaps him picking up his parents in the end of season 10????lol
    Love that Mulder continues his search for the truth…its true commitment! Mythology episodes are my favorite‼️

18. sonja says:

When is season 11 coming in tv

19. Stuart coyne says:

I can’t wait for another season and we love the Xfiles here in the UK, the twists and turns in the story, it has you at the edge of your seat and Chris Carter uses his talent to bring out the best with regards to Gillian & Davids talents also it refers to the reality that UFO’s are very real and the black projects our respective governments have. I just wish they were more shows like the Xfiles !.

20. Tom says:

I have verifiable evidence the current run of the X-Files is based reality. That’s right. It’s REAL. So how can you guys say it’s bad writing and the like? X-Files is a training show sponsored by the government. Beware…”the truth is out there.”

21. Randall says:

I recently re-watched the series on Netflix. There are many goof ball episodes. They are meant to be taken lightly and have a good laugh, they are comedy episodes. Having a couple of comedy episodes in season 10 was holding true to the series. Perhaps they shouldn’t have done that with only 6 episodes, but I loved every one of them anyway. Those who don’t believe that X-Files is riddled with comedy. Two episodes comes to mind and I looked them up. “The Post-Modern Prometheus” is the Frankenstein parody. “Bad Blood” with Luke Wilson is another. Scully and Molder arguing through the whole episode just added to the ridiculous plot. It was hilarious and I laughed a lot, and there are many more.

22. Loved season 10, and wanted more, more, MORE!

23. Sally Hoien says:

I thought the reboot was great. I don’t get all the hate.

24. Bill wWeaver says:

Let’s hope that the new season is made to the same high standards as the original – season 10 looked cheap!

25. giantslor says:

Please, no more of Chris Carter’s writing. He wrote many classic episodes back in the day, but he’s lost his way. How about Vince Gilligan instead?

26. Kim Roberts says:

I personally loved the new x files, it was amazing, and making a season 11 would be great, because Chris Carter left season 10 in a cliff hanger, is Mulder going to live and whats going to happen to Scully.