Switched at Birth Season 5 Premiere Date

Switched at Birth's Final Season Premiere Date Revealed

The new year will usher in the beginning of the end for Switched at Birth.

The fifth and final season of the Freeform family drama will premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 24, creator Lizzy Weiss announced via Twitter.

The show’s return will come after a lengthy hiatus — the last new installment aired on Oct. 26, 2015.

The 10-episode farewell season will feature the drama’s milestone 100th episode and conclude with a special 90-minute series finale.

1. Kevin K says:

January 24th can’t come soon enough for the final season of Switched at Birth.

2. Christian says:

I’m surprised the network isn’t reconsidering considering all the dramas they premiered this year flopped! (Ok i guess Shadowhunters puts up passable numbers but its still a disappointment.)

3. Catherine says:

Finally!

4. Anne says:

I AM NOT READY!!!!!! *sobs

5. Anna says:

At this point, I’m surprised Freeform is airing it at all – they made it pretty clear that they don’t give a single f*** about Switched at Birth fans.

6. Mara says:

With their new shows being so terrible, this should not be the final season!!

7. Clau says:

Well, okay. I already expected it to be January, so yeah.
    But the 10 episodes is news to me. Seriously?? They’re letting us wait over a year, after teliing us the cancelled the show. And now it’s been more than a year long wait for a measly 10 episodes?
    I mean, hey, I’m glad something is coming and we didn’t end up left hanging wondering for the rest of our lives what that phonecall was about. But seriously!!!!

8. Robin Leslie says:

WHY!!!! have the series return, only for it to conclude a few months later? Doesn’t seem to be worth viewers’ whiles to tune-in!!!

• Melissa says:

its definitely worth it if you have been a viewer from the start, most of us would like to see everything end the way it should and all loose ends tied up

9. Carrie Rutledge says:

My daughter and I LOVE this show!! We are devastated to hear that there will only be one more season!!! 😢 We love the whole cast and can’t wait until January of 2017; counting down the days!!!

10. Jeff Jackson says:

I’m so sad that this is the final season. It’s so much garbage on television these days, it’s refreshing to know that this is something the whole family can watch. I keep wishing that this is a joke and they tell us, season 6 has been picked up. I found this show by accident on Netflix and it was the best accident ever.

• Ellen says:

I found it on netflix by accident also, and i couldnt stop watching until i finished all episodes on every season! Wasnt something I thought id like, but couldnt find anything else. So glad i gave it a watch!

11. Jenna says:

At least give us an entire season, not just the winter half. We and the show deserve a summer half.

I’m so sick of freeform.

12. Marjorie says:

I enjoyed every episode of Switched at Birth. I’very been so emerged in the story that I can never wait to watch the next episode.
    It’s been a real treat for me to know I’ve got an episode to watch whether in the middle of the night, while at work on my breaks! I fell in love with the initial episode and story line. I never knew I could become tearful & so emotional with the characters. The end came at a surprise to me actually; just thought there would be more episodes season 4 for some reason.
    Nevertheless, I’ve learned a great deal about the deaf community I’m even considering learning ASL. I love all the characters especially the main ones. The writer did an excellent job; always suspenseful.
    I dont know what I’ll do now on my lunch break. I am so looking for season 5 & truly wished it didn’t have to end!

13. Theresa Allison says:

My son and I are doing sad to learn this is the end. This isn’t just a show it has been a learning and binding experience. My so is 16 and was born deaf in his left ear. He had since lost 18% in his right. This show prompted him to take sign language as his language course, and follow it through for 4 years to graduate with a proficiency certificate. I am learning as well, because the reality is that he may be mostly deaf by 30. We started now and use it so we both won’t be caught off guard when they time comes. He wants to be a vet and had decided he could be an asset to the deaf community. With so much subject material in other programs that just isn’t family friendly, or even interesting, to take this off their air is really disappointing. Whether they actors are done, or the network, it would be so smart to reconsider. You brought a lot to them deaf community, but most of all to a generation of teens who take things for granted, or are feeling unconventional. Bay may not be deaf, however she is unique and trying to find herself, and often misunderstood. Parents struggling with kids amidst their own changing world. It’s real. Only 4 seasons. .what a shame and missed opportunity.

14. Gina says:

This shouldn’t be the last season, I love this show and it should continue

15. Veronica says:

Can’t wait! Loved this show. Although some of the characters drove me nuts sometimes. But thats what keeps us not wanting to let go. 😊

16. Angel says:

I’m so upset I love this show. It actually inspired me to want to learn sign language.. I love the characters and the story line. In the beginning I have to admit I was like well what can the rest of the show be about but they sure did surprise me.. Wish it didn’t have to end. If there were a community vote for it to stay or go I would vote to stay…

17. Sam Kuntz says:

When will the 5th season be on netflix?

18. I can’t wait for it to come back on!!! In the new season, will the way the last show ended be addressed? I was so disappointed when it ended with that phone call and left everything hanging!!

19. cathy says:

what channel can i watch season 5 switched at birth ??? when does it start ???

20. Diane says:

Great show I’ll miss it. I grew up with a deaf family where signing was not allowed so I thought that is how all deaf people lived. Nice to see I was wrong

21. Taurie says:

It’s past January 24th & I’m wondering why it’s not on Netflix.

22. Taurie says:

It’s past January 24th and still not on Netflix.. why?

23. odell says:

is it only going to be shown on freeform tv? or will it still be on netflix? if so, is it the same date for netflix?

24. Ana says:

When will switched at Birth season 5 come to Netflix?

25. Ana says:

When will Switched at Birth’s season 5 winter premier come to Netflix?

26. I think Lizzy should check her dates before she gives them out! Everything I read said Jan 31 so lots of people (including me) thought they had missed the first episode! Anyway….I DID watch it tonight and it was very, very good, unlike the remake of Gilmore Girls, which was awful! Everyone was sooo old, but on Switched at Birth everyone looks exactly the same! I’m sure going to hate to see it go!

27. Barbara says:

Bring it back!! One of the best series I have seen in a long time!!

28. I really love this show bring it back dont cancel it. The only show on freeform i watch as a series. I guess I wont have a reason to watch freeform.

29. Marquita Johnson says:

What channel does the show come on because January 24 has already pass and I haven’t seen any.

30. Chris Murphy says:

I found this on Netfix this week. I love it, only to find out it’s cancelled ?! Why?