Fall TV Preview
Z Nation Season 3 Premiere Date

Z Nation Season 3, Van Helsing and Other New Series Get Syfy Dates

Syfy’s fall slate is robust and features both the familiar and new, as revealed at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Wednesday.

Kicking things off on Friday, Sept. 16 at 8/7c is the two-hour Season 3 premiere of Z Nation, in which Warren’s group is taken prisoner by a new foe, setting up a showdown. (Z Nation claims its usual Fridays-at-9 time slot the following week.)

On Friday, Sept. 23 at Van Helsing - Season 110 pm is the series premiere of Van Helsing, “a twist on the classic vampire adventure tale” in which unlikely heroine Vanessa Helsing (True Blood‘s Kelly Overton) discovers that she holds the key to humanity’s survival, in her own blood.

Two more new offerings debut on Tuesday, Sept. 27. At 9 pm, the anthology series Channel Zero opens with “Candle Cove,” a six-part tale about one man’s obsessive recollections of a mysterious children’s TV program from the 1980s. At 10 pm is the series premiere of Aftermath, in which a family (led by Men in Trees‘ Anne Heche and James Tupper) battles for survival after civilization comes to an apocalyptic end and they are faced not only with plague, but the rise of supernatural creatures.

Last but far from least, Incorporated - Pilotthe futuristic thriller Incorporated premieres on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 10 pm. From Matt Damon and Ben Affleck’s production company, it follows a young executive (Reign‘s Sean Teale) who conceals his true identity to infiltrate a dangerous corporate world to save the woman he loves.

As reported by Deadline, the pilot Prototype, starring Cote de Pablo (NCIS) and Jack Davenport (Smash), was passed on by Syfy and is being shopped elsewhere.

1. amanda says:

Is the 2 hour premiere of Z Nation the “movie” a week before season 3 that’s been teased? Several cast members mentioned a “movie” but here its the season premiere. So I’m a little confused!

• kate says:

I actually won’t be terribly surprised if the team is somewhat reimagined after the movie, just because, I know there was some issues behind the scenes and at least one person isn’t returning. It could also be because the actors all were kind of like, another season of this show?

• amanda says:

I know it was rumored one cast member (he’s pictured in this article) wasn’t going to come back but the issue was worked out. They’ll be returning for season three.

• Dr. Opossum says:

Glad to hear that the actor playing Murphy (no need to hide it) is staying. The show wouldn’t be the same without him. And I am happy this silly fun show is returning soon.

• Latisha says:

I’m so happy the show “Z Nation” is back it’s so good I sit and watch every single part of it. And I love all the cast members and roles, I like be the comedy parts, and love the scary parts also. I’m not a television person but that’s definitely one show I love to watch. One day I will send a thank you letter to the creator because I absolutely love that show. I just have one tiny criticism about it. Please put Murphy back with the crews and have Murphy do more things with controlling the zombies, and also keep up with all the different types of zombies. Also I’m loving the new guy called “The Man” keep him in for a while he bring excitement, and mystery to the show. To some it up I hope Z Nation becomes one more f them shows that has plenty more seasons.

• Latisha says:

I’m so happy the show “Z Nation” is back it’s so good I sit and watch every single part of it. And I love all the cast members and roles, I like be the comedy parts, and love the scary parts also. I’m not a television person but that’s definitely one show I love to watch. One day I will send a thank you letter to the creator because I absolutely love that show. I just have one tiny criticism about it. Please put Murphy back with the crews and have Murphy do more things with controlling the zombies, and also keep up with all the different types of zombies. Also I’m loving the new guy called “The Man” keep him in for a while he bring excitement, and mystery to the show. To sum it up I hope Z Nation becomes one more of the shows that has plenty more seasons.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It is technically being called a “special,” sure.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It is technically being called a “special,” yes.

2. lrdslvrhnd says:

I’m kind of annoyed at Vanessa Helsing’s name, considering that “Van Helsing” is the complete surname (much like Van Gogh). It’d be like if the new Star Trek show had a character named Oscar Brien who turned out to be the descendant of Miles O’Brien.
    Mind, I’m still gonna check it out, but the name irks me.

• kate says:

Really? That’s how lots of last names were like established (Johnson, at some point in there history, someone was known as whatever, son of John) my last name could be actually missing the O’ part too, that branch of my family would have accepted anglicizing our name to cut down on the Irish of it (whereas the McSweeneys on the other side were of a giant f you about anything like that).

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Yes, and that’s how van Helsing (and van Gogh, etc.) were made, to. (Although ‘van’ signifies “of” or “from” and not “son of”, but still). I suppose Anglicizing (by choice or not) makes sense, but it still irks me. It’d bother me less if her name wasn’t “Vanessa”, I think. But in this case the “Van” is clearly a nickname rather than part of her surname like it’s supposed to be.
        “Oh yeah, I’m the descendant of Abraham van Helsing, but we dropped the ‘van’ part, except my name’s Vanessa and everyone calls me Van…”. Ugh. It just bothers me lol

3. Brian says:

Is Keith Allen returning as Murphy on Z Nation? There was a story months ago about him possibly being recast.

4. Jasie says:

Really only watch FACE OFF on SyFy. Surprised they aren’t returning this summer like the normally do. Wonder when it is set to return.

5. Devin says:

Wasn’t Z Nation’s usual time slot Fridays at 10pm for the first two seasons? Granted, it makes sense to make the established show Z Nation a lead-in for the new show Van Helsing.

6. Shaun says:

Warrens team is prisoners again?Bleh……Van Helsing show is pretty good but the description is spoilery.

7. Mark O. says:

How bad does a pilot have to be for Syfy to pass on it? Gone are the days when they made interesting programming like BSG, Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven to name a few. Ascension was pretty good but the refused to take it to series. I just can’t get into their current slate shows.

• Simon Jester says:

Sorry you feel that way. I think the current slate of The Expanse, Killjoys, Dark Matter, and The Magicians is superb.

8. rarefied says:

Oh, they did do the creepypasta show! I was wondering what happened to that. I was dying to see what they were going to do with Candle Cove.

9. Yogi says:

Why is it that this show keeps on making fatal flaws?!?! *Spoiler alert* first episode
    of season 3…chained zombies with full head gear..what are they going to do…throw fists?! I’d have bought it if the visors would have exposed the teeth..but this is the flaw with this show..good cast…great story…poor execution.