Suits Renewed

Suits Renewed for Season 7

USA Network is clearly in no rush to adjourn Suits: The cable net has renewed the long-running legal drama for Season 7, it was announced Wednesday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

Speaking with TVLine after last March’s season ender, which found the series shaking up its premise by sending faux lawyer Mike to prison, executive producer Aaron Korsh was “not sure” if the show was nearing its endgame.

“I just renewed [my deal with Universal Cable Productions] for two years, so I’m assuming we’re likely to have a Season 7, and it’s certainly possible we’ll have a Season 8,” Korsh said. “I would say we’re not in the upswing of the show’s life cycle. There have been shows that have lasted a long time and much longer than us, twice as long at least. I don’t know how close we are to the end, but I know we’re very likely closer to the end than we are to the beginning.”

The current sixth season, airing Wednesdays at 9/8c, is averaging 3 million viewers.

Season 7 is slated to debut in 2017.

1. Kris says:

Yay! With so many shows being discontinued, I’m happy to see this one renewed.

2. Jennifer says:

YEA!!! really love this show!

3. Dana says:

I’m glad but I must say I’m not enjoying this season. All they do is yell, Donna’s I know all bc I’m Donna attitude and her motivational speaches every episode got old 2 seasons ago, Mike’s story ia boring and without the Harvey/Mike dinamic the firm is depressing. Hope it”ll get better!

• Alicia says:

SO agree … it feels like a bit of a chore now then fun to watch like it was.

• PG says:

Agreed. I liked the way they dealt with the Mike situation because, really, how much longer could that go? Now they need to get it out of the way. Hopefully the season picks up steam.

Glad to see some realistic thinking on the part of AK and where the series is heading in its progression.

• rafael says:

agree. last season was fantastic. this season is… sad.

• Anthoney says:

How long could it have gone on? Forever. There are way more people who never get caught breaking the law than those that do. This never needed to be an issue. Mike being a fake lawyer who knew more about the law than the real ones was the foundation of the show. They ruined the show.

• rhonda says:

I agree. It could have went for years. It was entertaining, plot twisting and original concept. So many unrealized storylines thrown away. How many prison shows have there been? Its beat to death. Where can the show go now? Part of the twist was the secret. So disappointed.

• Anthoney says:

The minute they busted Mike as a fake I was done with this show. I didn’t start watching this show because I followed an actor I like. I started because I liked the concept. A concept they have now thrown out. Unless Mike wakes up in the shower and discovers it was all a dream the show is dead to me.

4. Judy goodson says:

Yes. I love that shoe

5. Joey Padron says:

Great news the show got renewed for another season! Love the show. New season been good so far.

6. Wordsmith says:

Suits is the one show from the old “Blue Sky” slate that can convincingly make the shift to the new, darker USA brand. Glad to see it keep going.

7. Thrilled!
    I’ve been enjoying the re-set going on in Season 6 and look forward to episodes much more than I did in Season 5. The gig being up with Mike’s not so secret secret has breathed new life into the show for me.

8. Yoko says:

Great show. For once USA network makes a sane decision.

9. ZinniQ says:

Love this show, so happy!

10. Lauren says:

First, AWESOME!

Are they putting a hold on the Harvey/Donna relationship while Mike is in prison?

11. Leanne says:

I love this show. I hope it keeps going however I do hope they don’t drag the prison theme out all season so they can get back to lawyering.

12. Lucille de la Chevrotiere says:

so happy to hear that Suits will be renewed.. Lots of stories that can be continued once he gets out of jail & goes back to “work.” Looking forward to tonight’s episode. Keep them coming!

13. HAP says:

I believe that a secret to this show’s success is that they have three very intelligent women playing three very intelligent women.

14. Diane says:

Fantastic news. Love the show!

15. MMD says:

YES – THAT JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the one show that I can’t wait for each summer!!!!

With Mike going to prison and getting this reset, the show is almost like it’s brand new and the sky is the limit as to the new directions the writers can go. The great thing is that we still have the characters we have grown with over the past 5+ years.

16. Deborah brenizer says:

Suits is my favorite show. I am looking to see if harvey and donna get back together. I believe louis needs a true love. Will mike ever practice law again.

• Steve D, says:

Not until he gets his law degree. However, there is nothing to prevent him for working for the new financial firm that is sub-leasing the offices – remember, when he left PSL the first time, he went to work for an investment firm. Since PSL is mainly a corporate law firm, there would be a great dynamic between Mike and Harvey working together on financing deals (something like the show alluded to when Harvey got the 5% investment).

17. vp says:

PLEASE don’t let it end. BEST show LOVE it. Since the begaining…..

18. Joseph Rodriguez says:

I look forward evert week to watch suits it is the greatest show I seen in a long time I never missed an episode so please keep it going I can not wait to see what happens next

19. Kathy Bergeron says:

I am happy but dubious at the same time . I do not see where they can go for another season–much less two. If Mike stays in jail: deadend-but even if he gets released, he can not practice law. Am I missing something?

20. Bec says:

Suits is the best show on television by miles. Even at it’s worst, it is still the best.

21. Gerald says:

As long as there are no major cast shake ups I am a happy guy. THe show keeps it fresh every year. I hope Mike gets back to Pearson Spector Litt is a good way (but obviously not as a lawyer). Can he be a paralegal with a record??
    It’s all good.

22. David says:

OMG Fantastic news! I absolutely love this cast! Great show so happy it’s continuing. Go Pearson Specter Litt!!!

23. BHar says:

Really liked this show from the very beginning – the storylines are great and how the characters get in/out of situations is amazing sometimes; the writing is great…. EXCEPT the gratuitous cursing! I so tire of hearing “God d**n every other line. It’s unnecessary and so out of place. Wish the writers would stop this.

24. dedjora says:

I am glad this show is renewing – however Get your stride back. Why give up? Season 5/6 show the fatigue and yet people are still showing faith. Get back to the basics. The shows success was on the dynamic set in the first two seasons – and it is ok to get caught up in the cases that last only one show and not fixate on an overall enemy for the season.

25. Maria Holland says:

This show’s language and use of the g d word is offensive to me as a Christian. I guess the writers have little to say. I can say that I am on a mission to get this offensive show off the air!

• Sue Beck says:

Marla, it is a great show but I agree with the GD word they use. I cringe every time I hear it. They need to drop this kind of language.

26. On the move says:

I love this show but I’m ready for Mike to get out.

27. Genelle Gillispie says:

I was and still am impressed that they had them get busted I never thought they would. I think this show is at its best when they are all fighting together for something. I do want to get the prison part over though. That way they can show them banding together to safe the firm. These characters are never better than when they are fighting together for the same objective! That struggle will be good television for sure!’

28. Doug Prud'homme says:

BRAVO !!!

29. Bebe says:

What’s a season 7 without Jessica? None, sorry folks but Jessica and Harvey go together.

30. Robert says:

I couldn’t be happier the series is continuing. Eagerly await each episode. The chemistry between the characters and simply terrific. Jessica will be missed.

31. Lauren Smith says:

Happy the show will continue. Truly enjoyed a show that was drama mixed with comedy. The storyline was always intoxicating and never got old. Loved the Mike/Harvey team of winning and would love to see Mike earn his law degree. Finally, I appreciate that the show has remained down to earth and close it its core values. Great Show! May it long last.

32. Adam Garcia says:

I like to say that I really enjoy watching The Suits. It’s show that is interesting and captivating!…. #Suits

33. Adam Garcia says:

I like to say that I really enjoy watching The Suits. It’s a show that is interesting and captivating!…. #Suits

34. Susan Butterfield says:

Suits is an awesome show. I love to see the creativity used to get out of hopeless situations . I am not up on real law so I don’t know how much is fact but I really don’t care. The writer has a great imagination. Can’t wait for season 7

35. Terri Harvey says:

I have loved Suits since the beginning, but since the show choose to expose Mike and send him to prison, IMO it removed the very core of this show and basically gave it a death sentence. I am sure we will see this awesome show come to an end very soon, last season story line was the worst yet I hope the next season goes back to the very reason we fell in love with this show story lines that gave us Bad Ass Donna, Clever /out of the pocket MIke and Big Dog in the yard Harvey!!!! ALSO I do wish the networks would make a season longer than 6 weeks????????

36. anynomous says:

you guys literally ******* the story line…
    it’s nowhere near to shows like mentalist,breaking bad
    etc

37. Pat says:

Oh, thank God it’s coming back!

38. This show should go on and on like the soap operas of the 60’s that are still on…

39. Lyle Dunn Jr says:

USA seems to pull the plug on shows that are popular and good, let this one run it’s course

40. Mark W says:

OMG are there new writers for this season of Suits? Talk about cheese, my partner and I have been fans from the beginning but this is just too much, the characters are just acting so out of character and the sensational happenings are just so unbelievable. It’s just become ridiculous.