Exclusive
Sleepy Hollow Casts Jeremy Davies

Sleepy Hollow Season 4 Recruits Lost Vet Jeremy Davies as New Villain

Sleepy Hollow has found Crane’s new archenemy in Lost‘s Jeremy Davies.

The actor — who earned an Emmy for his work on FX’s Justified — is joining the Fox drama’s rejiggered fourth season as the new Big Bad, TVLine has learned exclusively. Davies’ recurring character, Malcolm Dreyfuss, is described as an eccentric and outspoken tech mogul who became a billionaire before the age of 30, and has since been seeking other worlds to conquer. In many ways, he is a dark mirror to Tom Mison’s Crane, since he represents capitalism and democracy gone awry — a perversion of the American dream that Crane and the Founding Fathers fought so hard to establish.

Davies other TV credits include arcs on Fox’s Lucifer and NBC’s Hannibal. He’ll next be seen in Showtime’s Twin Peaks revival.

This is the second major piece of Season 4 casting for Sleepy, following last week’s announcement that True Blood‘s Janina Gavankar has been tapped to play the show’s new quasi female lead. The new blood arrives as the show shifts its setting from upstate New York to Washington D.C.

1. Rob says:

He was great in Lost! I am just now watching Justified (just finished season 2) and he is great on there too! Honestly stopped watching Sleepy Hollow during 2nd season.. hope he brings some life to the show!

2. jp says:

Still will not be watching the upcoming season of this train wreck of a show. They decimated it and the cast

3. Kevin K says:

Jeremy Davies was great on LOST but his new his gig on Sleepy Hollow I don’t know if the upcoming season is going to survive and moving on without Nicole Beharie.

4. Erin B says:

Jeremy Davies is amazing. It gives me something to look forward to in “Sleepy Hollow.”

5. ABG says:

Still. not. watching.

6. MMD says:

Not a show I watch but I enjoyed his work on Justified.

7. George JR Terrier says:

Sometimes Davies is a plus, sometimes not so much. I’ll be watching any which way.

8. kirads09 says:

Y-E-S!!!!!!! I will watch for him ♥♥♥

9. Sherrie says:

Oh, this is super exciting!! Tom Mison has always been so amazing opposite other strong male actors on this show. This gives me some hope for Season Four.

10. echuckler says:

Is his social worker inside that horse?

11. Cali says:

Any word on Lyndie Greenwood and if she will still be with the show, in a recurring role or not at all? I know they have said that Jessica Camacho will have a recurring role and that Lance Goss is out. I hope they do keep her even if only for a recurring role as sort of an anchor to Sleepy Hollow of the past 3 seasons.

I’m still watching until they say it’s finished.

12. Viv says:

The offscreen cynical politics of SH was such a car crash (and believe me it showed onscreen), all this NEW! SHINY! EMMY-WINNING!! re-casting gives me whiplash. Still grieving your slash & burn incompetence, A-holes…

Yeah, yeah, that’s right! You BETTER go and hide ’til mid-season!!!
    (Frickin’ Suits, man… Burn ’em al!!)

13. Preacher Book says:

Yeah, with that hat, he sure looks like a super villain.

14. Sara says:

Loved him in Justified! He will be a GREAT addition to the show!

15. BillyBobJohnson says:

Great addition to the show. Looking forward to this “reboot”. Mison has been underutilized so far, and was anchored down by Beharie and her nonsense. Glad she’s gone. Some of the other cast members, not so much. Sleepy Hollow should stay in Sleepy Hollow.

• Her nonsense? She was the female lead and a great one. Painting her as some diva doesn’t make it so. What they did to her was evident onscreen, so the offscreen drama that followed wasn’t a surprise. They turned a fantastic, progressive show into a mediocre procedural with this last season. The show has absolutely none of the charm left. Crane is a joke without the rest of the team and his leading lady. Good riddance, Sleepy Hollow.

• Winkle43 says:

Your comment shows how little you know about the on-camera and BTS goings-on. Mison was not ‘underutilised’; his character is badly developed. (Just like every other character that has been on SH.) Same thing will happen S4, unless the writing improves. Somehow, I don’t see this happening.

16. Mary Kelly says:

The ‘Sleepy Hollow’ is no longer…afraid this will be it’s last season…too many of the ‘star’s are gone, and moving to Washington, love Crane, but in ‘Sleepy Hollow’….so sad. Was a great show.

17. I want to mention just how much I adore/endorse Mr. Davies performance. He has, REALLY, brought the role, of Dreyfuss, to LIFE. While I am totally DIS-appointed, that Fox would have the new co-lead be a member, of one of America’s most DESPISED, federal agencies, “Homeland Security”, I will say that, like Mr. DAVIES, the woman is bringing surprising depth, to the role. I hope that Mr. Davies understands how many people APPRECIATE the wonderfully WICKED life he has given his character. I wish this man all the best.