The Last Ship Renewed Season 4

The Last Ship Renewed for Season 4

The Last Ship is staying the course, having earned a Season 4 renewal from TNT on Sunday.

The cabler announced the action-thriller’s 13-episode pickup as part of the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

Series lead Eric Dane, who plays CNO/former Nathan James captain Tom Chandler, told TVLine earlier this season that this year’s finale lays the groundwork for another run, if not more. “We know where Chandler is going to be at the beginning of Season 4,” he said of his talks with producers, adding: “[W]e have an idea what the first five seasons look like.”

Season-to-date, The Last Ship is averaging 2.2 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating, with its July 24 voyage matching season highs. With DVR, VOD and whatnot, its weekly haul totals 7.6 million viewers.

RELATED TNT’s Animal Kingdom Renewed for Season 2

Earlier this summer, TNT renewed the dysfunctional family drama Animal Kingdom for Season 2, while expanding Major Crimes Season 5 to 21 episodes. Murder in the First is in the midst of Season 3, Rizzoli & Isles is scheduled to wrap its seven-season run on Sept. 5, The Librarians Season 3 premieres Nov. 20 and the freshman drama Good Behavior bows Nov. 15.

Season 3 of The Last Ship continues tonight at 9/8c, with Episode 8 of 13.

1. Shaun says:

Best news ever!Some great action pieces.

2. Anne Normandin says:

Glad to see one of my favorite shows is sticking around.

3. kirads09 says:

Wow. Yay. It will be interesting where they’ll take it from here but I am along for the ride!

4. Ronald says:

Yes glad to see another season, TLS is an Great TV series, great action sequences, hope we get longer seasons.

5. Kevin K says:

More Last Ship and it still won’t be the same without Dr. Rachel Scott.

6. Pat says:

I am so very happy that they renewed this. Now I am just waiting to see where the next adventure is going to take us. Thank You, TNT for having the common sense to renew this great show.

7. Boiler says:

At least this show deserves it. However R&I still performs better and shows the general idiocy of TNT

8. Chaosrainz says:

So happy about this! TLS is the perfect summer show. It’s like a mini action movie each week but it goes by waaaay too fast!

9. twhiting9276 says:

So much death this season… Must we kill EVERYONE?

10. AAJ says:

So this one is not the answer to the blind item . . . Good.

• Paul says:

The blind had me leaning more towards Turn:Washington’s Spies than The Last Ship. But who knows? Guess we’ll find out soon enough. The way this season of Tyrant is going I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the blind, but the language of scuttlebutt and nigh still have me leaning towards Turn.

• Vi says:

I always miss the answer to the blind items. It takes too long to get them, I’ve forgotten what it was. But I’m glad the Last Ship wasn’t the answer.

11. Ralph says:

Yea! TNT FINALLY makes a good decision. I’m still mad how they dumped Dallas with no resolution.

12. Et al. says:

Crap. I think this means Devious Maids is the blind item.

13. John Patterson says:

Good, intelligent show. Can’t wait to see new developments each week. Would like to see good ol’ Tex return.

14. ZinniQ says:

I am so very pleased, this is one of the best things on TV!!!

15. ZinniQ says:

Yeah, Devious Maids is crap :)

16. Great…Great…Great move!!! Thank you, producers. Our family love this series so much…

17. uterri1107 says:

All I have to say is that summer is nowhere near long enough! We only thought the break between seasons 1 & 2 were difficult. Now here we are in the middle of season 3, and my family is going insane trying to wrap or minds around the nerve of someone betraying our beloved Nathan James and our fragile nation. We have been addicted since the get go!

18. uterri1107 says:

My family and I are totally addicted to The Last Ship, and I can assure you that we are on the edge of our seats with each passing episode! This is, hands down, my family’s favorite show!

• Cathy says:

Agreed………it is awful to wait all winter to see what will happen next, also want the Captain that killed Pang ( sorry about the spelling) back. He is a terrific performer.

19. Cathy says:

The “Last Ship” is the best show on TV.

20. Re Jones says:

So glad The Last Ship has been renewed..Really a very good show. Thanks TNT for your good judgment. Wish you’d done the same thing with Rizzoli and Isles

21. Johnnie says:

I’am totally excited that TNT has added another season or two of The Last Ship. I know exactly where I will be at 9 PM on Sunday nites. I looked forward to ” where do we go from here”.

22. Mike says:

I enjoyed this show until it became political correct. Presidents are elected not appointed. I’ve deleted this show . I willing to bet I’m not the only one sick of divervity.

• coneyro says:

Mike:
      Did you mean to say “diversity”? I guess you can’t spell what you don’t understand.

I hope you aren’t saying that you’ve stopped watching the show because there is a black president? If so, no biggie.. This show is about TRUE Americans, and their fight for the rights of ALL of us. You don’t seem to fit into this category. So no loss.

And to think that these guys are willing to die for prejudiced SOB’s like you and your friend Trump…..What a waste..

• J. Scrittore says:

Mike – your objection that “Presidents are elected not appointed” entirely missed (obviously) that in the scenario posited by the shows writers of not only the US’ population being wiped out but also the world’s – VOTING FOR POTUS (or any other people’s representative) IS _NO LONGER_ AN OPTION !!

Why?

Because of the destruction caused by the virus also destroyed all elements of the election infrastructure we Americans have come to expect rolls around every four years (not counting the mid-term elections for Congressional representatives).

So instead of writing a nonsense (or better, non-understanding-the-underlying-plot) get into the good writing, good casting, good performances of all involved in The Last Ship.

(and the US is already an “oligarchy” in essence with special interest groups exercising so much influence over our elected officials that they no longer represent the will of the people as intended by the nation’s founding fathers – a gradual deterioration brought on by any number of possible scenarios could lead to the dystopic government run by greedy ‘regional directors’ envisioned by the shows writers – isn’t so hard to imagine in a societal breakdown after all).

• Orville J. Shelton says:

If you do a little bit of research on The New World Order you find out that the U. S. is divided into 5 regions with the world being divided up into 7 regions total. Besides the U.S. being divided into the 5 regions you won’t beable to travel outside the major city in those regions either.

23. Steve says:

Get it a little later in the UK but love it.

24. Leila de la Rosa says:

Thank you for season4 looking forward to it.

• uterri1107 says:

I think there could be a mutiny if The Last Ship wasn’t renewed. Or house is already mourning the upcoming season finale just because it’s going to be a long year before it comes back.

25. Helga says:

Still doesn’t have the same chemistry without Dr. Scott. I hope producers listen to voices of the fans. I guess it’s too late to bring her back.

26. Lucy says:

Great show! We love to watch it. So happy to hear it is continuing.

27. Jim Barton says:

The Last Ship is one of the best drama series on television today. The cast is totally relatable and the scenerio’s impact is only hightened by the fact it could be pulled from today’s headlines. I don’t believe there is anyone other than Eric Dane who would be more perfect for Captain Chandler. Can’t wait for season four.

28. Barry Brown says:

Great show,series keep them coming

29. April Napier says:

Please keep Eric Dane as Captin , Thomas Chandler also keep Danny and his wife keep text and all the crew and the new girl from Japan and you’ll have a good series but if you mess with anybody else if you mess with the crew whenever you’re ruining it keep it the same way you have it keep the crew on the ship the same keep Noah keep them all and you have a good show

30. April Napier says:

Please keep Eric Dane as Captin , Thomas Chandler also keep Danny and his wife keep text and all the crew and the new girl from Japan and you’ll have a good series but if you mess with anybody else if you mess with the crew whenever you’re ruining it keep it the same way you have it keep the crew on the ship the same keep Noah keep thelm all and you have a good show

31. karen says:

I love the last ship been watching since it premiered. Plz. Bring back chandler. Love him in this.

32. Rob says:

I don’t want to spoil the last episode of season 3 all I want to say is I hope that one of the main character comes back next year for season 4

33. Pam Millet says:

LOVE this show!!

34. Joann rell says:

It is sooo crazy and out of reality. What happened to the virus?? You need to have dr Scott alive and hiding somewhere!! The whole season had no relationship development t

35. Clive says:

is tha season 4 be released?

36. Bob says:

I have to agree best news ever. I hate it when a show comes to an end like Person of Interest. That was another great show.

37. LEONARD says:

I WISH SEASON 4 WILL BE STARTING EARLY NEXT YEAR 2017.AM REALLY IN LOVE WITH THIS MOVIE.HOPPING TO SEE SEASON 5,6,7.8,9,10

38. Art Carney says:

I am watching the reruns from the 1st year as I type. It is one of the better shows on TV thesedays

39. LC says:

I am Extremely happy that there is going to be another season!!!!! I love the series, cast and storyline. Keep it coming TNT–Please!

40. Barry says:

Great news that Last Ship is staying on. We need more like this on TV. Instead of all crime stories.

BLK.

41. Melina says:

You better bring back the new season 4, this show is the best on TV right now besides Blue Bloods. Cant live without the LAST SHIP SHOW LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES…PLEASE KEEP IT AROUND FOR A LOOOOOONG TIME!!! IM A BIG FAN OF THE LAST SHIP BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!

42. Jj says:

When is Season 4 coming out??? Cant wait hurry up please premier it earlier love watching the past season 1.2.3

43. Porcher Martin says:

PLEASE, include the year when the month is given!!! Otherwise, how are we to know if it’s September 2015, 2016 or 2917?!?

44. Sandra Slayton says:

We would watch this show 52 weeks a year! LOVE it, can hardly wait for new season

45. Simon pentz says:

Doesn’t Eric Dane look like a younger version of the actor who plays ‘Severide’ on ‘Chicago Fire ‘?

46. Jefferson Sesay says:

I Love The Last Ship Movie So Much,moreover the Role That Dr.Scott And Captain Tom Play In The Movie.Am Waiting To See The Season 4.Thanks To All The Crews.

47. Tris says:

Waiting for last ship new season

48. Harry says:

Ive been waiting to watch the last ship for a long time now cant wait to watch again !!!

49. Bobby Jones says:

Can’t wait for the new season to start!!! Its a great series!!!