General Hospital Tyler Christopher Leaving

General Hospital's Tyler Christopher Teases His Return as Nikolas

Someday, your prince will come… back to Port Charles. And that day is perhaps not too far into the future.

General Hospital vet Tyler Christopher said on Friday evening at a GH Fan Club Weekend kickoff event that he expects to soon resume taping at the ABC sudser, which he abruptly took a hiatus from the role of Nikolas Cassadine back in May.

UPDATE: Original accounts of the event were more in the affirmative, prompting Christopher to clarify his status via Twitter, maintaining, “Nothing official yet.”

UPDATE (9/14): In fact, TC isn’t returning at all.

During Christopher’s late spring/summer absence from the show — which by some accounts was due to lengthy contract negotiations — soap vet Nick Stabile (Sunset Beach) took over the role of Nikolas, making his final appearance last week.

A GH spokesperson had no comment at this time on Christopher’s return, but the actor’s fan event appearance come on the eve of Kirsten Storms, who also had been temporarily recast, resuming the role of Maxie this coming Wednesday.

Christopher, who this year won his first Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, originated the role of Laura Spencer’s firstborn son back in 1996.

TVLine will of course keep you posted on Christopher’s “official” status and first airdate, should his return be confirmed.

Are you happy to be getting the original Nikolas back?

1. Kevin K says:

Finally GH fans are very happy to see Tyler Christopher back as Nikolas Cassadine. Hope the character comes back from the dead AGAIN since we last saw him getting shot by Valentin (James Patrick Stuart).

2. Big Cheddar says:

This is great news! I have a feeling he’s at the house of the woman that helped get Kevim yhe antibiotics.

3. Rita says:

Jax is coming back. I have never liked him. I think he is scary looking. I wish if they were bringing him back to recast him.

4. Rachael says:

YES….no one is as smug and arrogant, yet polite and kind as Tyler Christpher’s portrayal of Nicholas.
    And while I *like* the new Maxi…she doesn’t have enough ?MOXI?
    LOL Will be happy to see Kirsten Storms return!

5. kathy says:

Great..
    I stopped watching when all the changes were made … Will be happy to start back when all the regular faces show back up….they do make a difference !!

6. bj says:

Great news for the show.

7. Tina says:

Can’t wait. Definitely did not like their replacements. Would fast forward over them.

8. ReneCat says:

Is this guy in Designated Survivor too? Otherwise WHY is this in the latest news for DS on IMDb?

9. thelma arthurs says:

Yes for shure

10. Pamela White says:

Very happy about Tyler Christopher’s return to GH! Still want Steve Burton back as Jason. I TRIED BUT I CAN’T accept the new guy. His personality does not resemble what you guys spent YEARS revealing to us about “Stone Cold.” Burton was quiet, pensive, steely, deliberate, and yet, vulnerable at the same time. He was fiercely loyal. Much of the time, he acted with his eyes and demeanor, which seems hard to do. I “believed” that character. This new guy doesn’t fit the part for me. He’s more “Joe College” (albeit a bit older), than a “Stone Cold” killer with a heart of gold.

11. Can haddly wait he is the only prince Nikolas.live you’re acting and you god bless you and you’re family can hardly wait for your return Tyler.

12. jr. says:

Nick Stable reminded me of the actor who played Chandler on Friends! Nick was doing a great job, but he was not Nickolas. I liked his acting on GH and the way he interacted with the other characters. While Tyler is a little stiff ( IMO ), in the scenes where he was with Laura etc., their seemed to be automatic chemistry. Just the way Jonathan Jackson can cry on a dimes notice.

• Jane says:

The problem with Jonathan Jackson is that he cried in most scenes. Not necessarily crying but misty-eyed. Crying on cue does not a good actor make. Natalia Livingston became became a great crier but never a great actress. I doubt JJ meant to, probably probably his tear ducts were an issue.

I wish I could get back into GH. It’s awful though.

• Lorna says:

Ummm have you seen him on Nashville? And yeah, if you can ace emotional scenes, I would say one is a good actor, Negative Nancy. No matter how many times they cry. Jj was not the writer.

• grazelled says:

Love JJ, he’s one of the best things about Nashville and will always be Lucky for me. GH is getting much better.
        TC will always be my Prince Nikolas.

13. Lydia says:

Happy to hear the REAL Prince Nicholas is coming back! Funny how actors stepping in just don’t quite make it. Like Maxies temp.

14. Sharon Trinci says:

I loved the OG’s of GH come back soon we miss you!GH my fav soap well over since i was13 im now 58 lol…sick hmbound Im a true fan…❤😘

• GH fan! says:

I also have watched since my grandma introduced me at the age of 13! That was the first year..yep been a faithful follower eve since. I will be so glad to have both “Nicholas” and “Maxie:” return…just not the same without them. As for Jason..I did miss the original character but have learned to accept the new one now that his “memory” is back!!!!

Keep going GH!!!!!

15. Laura says:

So excited to hear he was coming back. I hadn’t kept up with show and almost stopped watching when Nick was re-cast. No offense to re-cast! Just not Tyler Christopher!!!

16. Denice says:

I love GH I just wish the commercial time was a lot less . four times too much . I recorded it and if you cut out the commercial there is 18 minutes of GH .I would love a true hour of GH .my grandma is the reason I started watching it in 1980. Still do even though she passed away in 2009. Sonny ,Jason,Carly,Alexa,Lulu,Laura, Kevin and few more.

17. Rosetta Hewing says:

Definitely happy about his Christopher’s return.

18. Chris says:

Bring back Nick. (Tyler Christopher) GH not the same without him. Not sure if you wrote him out of the script. And bring back Spencer.

19. I have missed Tyler soooooo much! The sooner the better! Hope the producers are not thinking of Not bringing him back! I say ditch most of the new ones and be sure to bring Tyler back! He’s awesome!

20. LOVE THAT GUY. NO ONE CAN TAKE HIS PLACE.

21. Debra Holt says:

I really hate that GH writers feels it’s positive for Jason to be friends with Sonny after killing his brother. Write him walking around Monica’s house after killing her Son. Michael forgiving home after killing his father. This does not happen. AJ have not done or threatened to do things worst than Sonny drinking vs murder no comparison. Get over Jason accident like they got over Sonny causing Michael shooting which put him in a comma and Morgan’s death.

22. Leola Johnson says:

Yes I am. Right now I’m not interested in GH because right now it’s not worth watching without Tyler. If you miss a day or three GH is really confusing.

23. Leola Thomas says:

GH is just not the same without Tyler. I don’t watch it as much now. When I miss a day or three GH is really confusing. There is no other character for Maxie. When GH created Maxie they accidentally broke the mold. She can’t be duplicated