Exclusive
The Originals Spoilers

The Originals Season 4: Meet the Actress Playing Grown-Up Hope

Don’t blame Klaus if he doesn’t recognize his daughter when The Originals returns in 2017.

As revealed as San Diego Comic-Con, there will be a five-year time jump between the CW drama’s third and fourth seasons — and now, TVLine can exclusively introduce you to the actress playing grown-up Hope: Summer Fontana.

the-originals-summer-fontanaFontana, whose credits include a role in the movie Basic Witches (how appropriate!), began filming for Season 4 earlier this week. And, seriously, is she not the spitting image of her parents? (Or at least her father?)

“I’m excited to see what kind of personality this little girl has,” Phoebe Tonkin said of Hope during the cast’s interview with TVLine at Comic-Con. “Even though she hasn’t been around her dad for the last five years, I think there’s a lot of Klaus in her — good or bad — and I’m excited to see that in this little powerful witch.”

Watch our full interview with the cast below, then drop a comment with your hopes for Season 4.

1. Belle says:

I can’t wait, she will be a welcome addition for sure! I bet she’ll have a little wolf, vampire and witch in her blood :)

• Valerie Mendez says:

Belle, SHE has all of ,werewolf, witch, vampire. Remember she’s definitely a triple threat. I can’t wait till January 2017.

2. Bwhit says:

I think she looks perfect for Hope! What a cutie. So excited for this new season.

3. Leah says:

How cute that she has brownish blond hair just like Klaus

• Valerie Mendez says:

Leah, I know they got the casting right, I hope they really be careful of her character on the show.

4. MissEllys says:

Visually spot on casting

5. E says:

They should bring back Cami and Davina. I want Hope to meet them.

6. CCarolinee says:

She kinda looks like Caroline lol. Perfect Klaroline baby

7. Ben says:

Hate kids in this kinda shows… excepting when they are evil incarnations. I hope that she magically grow up faster.

8. ES says:

Looks NOTHING like Klaus or Hayley. :(

9. Lorna wolbert says:

Meh. Not impressed. Probably a bad photo. I trust Plec’s casting choices, though.

10. Athi says:

The daughter of Klaus Mickelson, Hope. She’s a witch, werewolf and a vampire that isn’t good at all. But you can judge a book by its appearance. Am I sure she will inherite all of her family’s drama

11. William says:

She looks so gorgeous to fit in hope’s shoes

12. Seth donkoh says:

They need to bring Cami and Davina back.
    The girl acting for hope is really perfect fit in action and also I did like jackson in the orginals

13. sowney says:

Can’t wait to see the little claus and whose character she has 😗😗

14. Thelittlewolf says:

I already love her and can’t wait to see her in TO, i saw a few photos of her and damn her eyes looked cold!!, i think she resembles more his father but i think that currently she has more brown hair, if she began filming earlier could it be she the one in the trailer?

15. hadiza says:

wow she looks cute and looks like Klaus

16. Munashe says:

cant wait for a father-daughter relationship because these different kinder monsters knows their thing lol especially Nik

17. omo i can’t wait for season 4…….i just dey pity Marcel…..marcel go see fire

18. Lynne says:

Omg the girl that’s going to play Hope looks like Klaus right before he’s about to take a bite out of someone when he’s pissed off at someone and i mean like his wolf bite that could kill someone. Great choice i think she looks like she can take on whoever gets in her way, after all she’s a quarter witch, and vampire,and werewolf. Looking forward to her kicking a Marcel’s butt.

19. Joy says:

Not to sound rude but I hope she doesn’t get too much screen time. I really hate child actors. But nevertheless I’m pumped for next season and I hope there will be many more to come. I bet Klaus will be absolutely furious that he missed so much in his daughters life.

• Jackie says:

What about child actor’s you don’t like? They need more children on these shows it so depressing! A face of a young child means at least they won’t die.

20. ADR says:

I think she will be awsome her on screen daddy is awesome I love the show thanks to my daughter getting me involved now I’m a fan of Niklaus1team nik…. I’m for all mikalson….. I really hope she isn’t the one to be against her on blood…

21. ADR says:

Can’t wait till they start the season love it so much I own the first two season an going to get the rest of them. I already thought hope would be a little of all 3 can’t wait to find out.. really can’t wait to see what happens between Haley an Elijah. ….

22. Kathy says:

2017 I don’t know if I can wait that long…………..Bring back The Originals….some of the best acting on tv….love the show!!!!!

23. sant33ta says:

I am excited to see how Hope will turn out

I would like to see her as an extremely powerful mini witch. Although she is 5, all she knows is that she wants her Daddy back and maybe have some psychic or telekinetic powers.

And of course a hell of a fight with Marcel. Looking forward to see Klaus find love.
    I would also like to see Marcel and Rebecca reconnect

24. sant33ta says:

I’m excited for this next season

I would love to see Hope as a very powerful mini witch with psychic and telekinetic powers. Although just a child…..very determined to be with her daddy

I’d also love to see a great battle with Marcel. As well as a reconnection with he and Rebecca even if it may not be permanent

Definitely looking forward to a crossover and perhaps to see Klaus find love

Hayley and Elijah getting married

Vampire Drama. More of it. Especially with the witches. Bring back Divina. Some witch and Vampire wars as well

25. Nessa says:

Aww she’s so cute .i just can’t wait for season4 .Summer is a perfect cast for Hope

26. Sheila says:

So impressed with this child! Reminds me so much of Klaus! I hope they renew The Originals by the time I post this!

27. Lucky says:

can hope of the originals die or is she an original just like his father ?