Scream Queens Jerry O'Connell Laura Bell Bundy

TVLine Items: Scream Queens Adds Two, Netflix Renews Flaked and More

Scream Queens‘ hospital is getting even more full.

Jerry O’Connell (Mistresses) and Laura Bell Bundy (Hart of Dixie) are the latest additions to Season 2 of the Fox horror-comedy, EW.com reports.

No details are available yet about both actors’ mysterious characters, who will recur during the hospital-set sophomore run. Season 2, premiering Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 9/8c, also features new series regulars Taylor Lautner (Twilight) and John Stamos (Grandfathered).

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Netflix has renewed the Will Arnett comedy Flaked for Season 2.

* Rocky Carroll (NCIS) will star opposite Oprah Winfrey and Renée Elise Goldsberry (Hamilton) in the HBO film The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, our sister site Deadline reports. Carroll will play the third child of Henrietta (Goldsberry), an African-American woman whose cells were used to create the first immortal human cell line.

* Esquire has picked up Friday Night Tykes and spinoff Friday Night Tykes: Steel Country for a fourth and second season, respectively.

* Disney XD’s hidden camera series Walk the Prank will return for Season 2.

1. Steven says:

I know Netflix wants to let Stranger Things “breathe” or whatever, but I’m going to need them to renew the show now please.

2. Lala says:

Good Lord why is he just popping up on my fav shows…first Mistresses, now Scream Queens…hope he doesn’t last long!!!

3. HAP says:

Really surprised they renewed such a dud as Flaked. Season 1 has a 42 on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 43 on Metacritic.

4. maltru says:

I always wonder what it’s like for actors to be cast in a show with their ex’s significant other. And I know it’s wrong of me to hope that John Stamos and Jerry O’Connell will share a love interest on Scream Queens, but I’d also find it so meta-hilarious. Denise Hemphill juggling the two of them, maybe?

• Jbj says:

I do, too. For the gossip pages, it’s always awesome when there is tension, but it’s cooler when they get along. I recently watched Hail, Caeser, and there was a scene between Christopher Lambert and Josh Brolin, and I felt like they might have been commiserating about losing the same woman for probably similar reasons.

• Jbj says:

Yes! I just remembered that he was on Do Not Disturb with Neicy Nash, so that would be double-meta perfection!

5. Rahajicho says:

I’ve been waiting to see more Laura Bell Bundy since Legally Blonde the Musical.

6. kelly says:

Any recent casting news on the MacGyver reboot? I’ve heard Amy Acker was filming some scenes for 102. Is this true? I’m thinking on watching that episode if she’s in.

7. Piers says:

Yikes! Jerry O. is a show killer.

8. Jbj says:

Wow, the casting choices for this season’s Scream Queens are getting me even more excited than last year! The actresses are still top drawer, but Glen Powell is the only guy who came off as being skilled with the comedic material last season. This year they are casting so many guys who I think are both hot and capable of delivering off-kilter comedic performances.