Girl Meets World Reunion

Girl Meets World Stages Massive BMW Reunion — See the First Group Photo

Feast your eyes on a family photo so perfect, you’ll want to frame it and hang it over your living room mantel. (We’re only half-kidding.)

Disney Channel on Thursday released an on-set shot from the massive Boy Meets World reunion going down on the third season finale of Girl Meets World.

And the gang’s all there: Joining Ben Savage (Cory) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga) are William Daniels (Mr. Feeny), Anthony Quinn (Mr. Turner), Rider Strong (Shawn), Will Friedle (Eric), William Russ (Alan), Betsy Randle (Amy), Lee Norris (Minkus) and Danny McNulty (Harley).

Heck, GMW even invited both actress who played Morgan — Lily Nicksay (Seasons 1–2) and Lindsay Ridgeway (Seasons 3–7) — for the big event. And if cast member August Maturo’s recent tweet is any indication, Nicksay and Ridgeway will be taking turns playing Eric and Cory’s little sister.

Per the GMW writers’ official Twitter account, the ghosts of TGIF past return to help Riley make a major decision — and with the future of the sitcom uncertain, it could be the last decision we get to see.

View the photo below — click on it to see the full-sized version — then drop a comment with your hopes for the rest of the season:

Girl Meets World Reunion

1. Tanya says:

I hope this show doesn’t end I love this show so much it my favorite show on Disney channel

2. datdudemurphy says:

So much awesome….the nostalgia is strong

3. Cory, Shawn, & Topanga For Evah!! says:

Please let this show continue. If not Disney channel then Freeform or ABC. By the way where are Lucas and Farkle in the picture!!!???

4. Natalie says:

Please please dont take away this show. I used to watch Boy Meets World when I was younger and Just I loved Boy Meets World, I love Girl Meets World. It just wouldnt be the same without it. 😢

• Leigh says:

unfortunately the “star” of the show is being very willful and demanding. not to mention coming across as cuckoo a lot of the time she posts on social media. she may have a right to say/do as she pleases but when she openly defies the hand that feeds her and ignores their requests for her to change her ways as long as she is employed by them she is waking a fine line which if she keeps it up may very well lead to her being fired. and since she is the main lead and the one who is related to the boy meets world character if she does get fired it will end that show. JMO…

• Lois says:

‘Demanding’? She’s an activist. I don’t see how that’s demanding. Rowan’s a lovely girl and if Disney has a problem with her that’s them being stuck in their old ways and it’s not up to her to change who she is and what she stands for.

• Patrick says:

No, but they can fire her. Freedom of speech protects a person from government prosecution. Her employer is free to punish her however it sees fit. Further, her social media opinions are fine, commendable even, for a person with more mature audiences. Some parents might not like their tweens being exposed to it. Further, it all comes off as disingenuous. She says a lot of things that are very popular amongst the liberal set (of which I am a member), but her feeds come off as someone who looked up a bunch of words/phrases/themes and then threw them on her sites. Her discussions of these themes are shallow, at best.

• Deanna says:

I know what you mean. I feel the same way.

5. Kathryn Heassler says:

Yes yes yes yes.

6. Richelle says:

Please don’t let the show end!
    I love all the cast/character’s from both BMW & GMW. It need’s a 4th season or to be moved if Disney won’t give it more season’s that it totally deserves! BMW had 7 season’s and I think GMW does too! Love watching everyone grow up and learn from all these life lesson’s.

7. Joey Padron says:

Love this photo. Happy to see Boy Meets World reunion even with both actresses who play both Morgans! So excited to watch season finale! Hope the show will continue!

8. nadialus says:

I don’t think freeform would pick the show up. A big reason why they’re no longer ABC Family is because they want to be edgier and more adult and GMW definitely is no where near that.

• Lois says:

They could be if they were allowed to explore more mature topics though. It’s Disney that stop them from doing it. The writers and the cast certainly have the talent to take it to a higher level.

• nadialus says:

I think freeform would be smart to pick it up. I personally would be way more into the show if it changed networks. It would be changing the tone of the show and would be getting rid of the cheesy dialogue. I just don’t see them doing it. Especially with how many new shows they’re adding already. Hopefully I’m wrong though!

• Jessica Abbott says:

I agree. They would have to revamp GMW before freeform would ever touch it. 😭😭😭😭

9. Tara M says:

If the people making the decisions at Disney have any brains they will continue with this show. IMO, this is the best show on Disney Channel right now. It discusses some relevant topics, gives interesting points of view, is well thought out and I love the references to BMW. I understand shows can’t stay on the air forever but I’ve been disappointed with the line up on Disney Channel recently. They cancel good shows like – Austin and Ally, Liv and Maddie, Jessie, Good Luck Charlie and Wizards of Waverly Place but they haven’t really replaced them with quality shows. Stuck in the Middle, Bunk’d, Best Friends Whenever and KC Undercover are just ok and my family isn’t a fan of Backstage or Bizaardvark. GMW is the best and by far my family’s favorite. Be smart Disney, keep this show around!

10. MattySi says:

It will be interesting to see what they do with the two actresses that played Morgan. I personally think it would hilarious if they switched out the actress in the middle of the episode with no explanation.

11. Marcus brandt says:

Really hope the show doesn’t end for good

12. I don’t want this show to end and I want let u guys know about this show also I can relate to this show and please don’t think to take this show leave Disney channel I don’t want this to happen to it well it is the best thing for me just stop doing this if u want to do this means war to against all of this then I will start the protest against this time!!!!!

13. tabitha says:

please don’t let it be the last show I use to watch boy meets world now I watch this with my kids and they love it so please keep it

14. Lauren Medrano says:

I think it’s probably going to be for the wedding…

• Daphne says:

It’s not. The wedding is airing in 2 weeks and they say the photo is from the season finale. So it’ll probably air in 2017.

15. Terri-Anne says:

I loved Boys Meets World growing up and I love Girl Meets World now. It nice to see a show like this again on TV. Something the whe family can enjoy. Can’t wait to see these kids grow up. Keep up the good work.

• Deanna Roberson says:

😊 I am looking forward to seeing these kids grow up. I agree with you about seeing a show like that on TV again. It is refreshing. Today’s shows are garbage.

16. Yashica says:

Ya’ll have to find a way to keep this show going. It is hands down the Best Show Disney has going on. Please don’t cancel it

17. Daniel Brown says:

Missing a few people in the photo, like Lucas, Farkle and even Farkle’s mom (who is played also appeared on BMW as one of Shawn’s exes).

I know people are freaking out that this might be the end of the show, but just remember that it took a long time for Season 3 to be confirmed, so no confirmation of Season 4 yet might not mean anything. I think they just wanted to have a nice reunion moment. Mr. Feeny’s not getting any younger!

18. Jabiari says:

If the show doesn’t get a season 4 renewal, or if it does but ends after season 4, Netflix needs to pick it up. Maybe a possible crossover with Fuller House?

• Daphne says:

I agree! Netflix would be an even better fit for pickup than Freeform! Then, Michael Jacobs & Co. could have the freedom to tell their stories with all the creative liberty that Netflix allows!

• Deanna Roberson says:

That would be nice if Girl Meets World was a Fuller House crossover.

19. Rob says:

I hope it not the end of the series, it is the best show disney has had in a long time. Yes some of the shows are kinda boring but what series has had every episode good.

20. John Cowals says:

If it is the series finale wonderful lessons for young men and women well done. I hope not still lots of life lessons for parents and their offspring. It has been a treat to see BMW and GMW casts and it’s parallel story lines. Good luck to all and thank you.

21. Bob says:

This is what I’ve been wanting ever since this terribly boring show started! I’m only interested in the BMWers. This will be the best GMW ever! These actors should be on every week!

22. Sofia Lopez says:

I grew up on boy meets world and belive it or not, Im a 36 year old women that does not miss an episode of girl meets world. My daughter and I dont miss an it, my daughter is only 5 and she has learned a lot she, she might not fully understand what everything is going on but what she does understand, she tell my sisters who are in their late teens and early 20’s what the show was about that friday night.. I just hope that the show goes on for a few more ataatrd it teached that young kids of this time what values are and everything that boy meets world had to teach my generation.

23. Elle says:

I watch this show only to keep up with Boy Meets World characters so I haven’t seen these new shows but I’m not surprised they would end after 3 seasons. I remember watching Lizzie McGuire/That’s So Raven/Even Stevens….I think they only had maybe 2-3 seasons. Looking forward to this episode when it airs!

24. jackyline says:

There is a petition going on to have GMW moved to freeform. If you visit YouTube vloger named smurfvlogs you can find the link and sign. We still need more signatures for this to happen. I really wanna see this show grow to its full potential! Let do this fans!

25. Angela says:

The future of the show isn’t uncertain. I mean seriously, we just barely started Season 3.

I do love the picture though

26. Terri says:

I love Girl Meets World as much or more than Boy Meets World. Please keep this series on the air!!!!

27. Annick B. says:

Please don’t take-off this wonderful tv show with super actors we adore, we cherish!! All of them are wonderful, amazing, funny, etc. Before the show restarted, i was hoping it would come back, so Much.

I even bought the whole seasons. I am glad they did season 3 and hope they will continue for years to come!

This show teaches a lot on different subjects like relationships, friendship and make us believe that people can have this kind of life!! Every actor, actress bring something special to the show!! Annick, from the Quebec.

28. dlraetz says:

Come on Disney. We need season 4-7

29. Julie Paull says:

Love both boy meet world and girl meets world…. I love the educational value it has…I’m 42 I’ve learned more about myself and how to treat others from watching….please continue this show its awesome!!!

30. Greta says:

I hope this is for Shawns wedding!! I am 42 and I absolutely love watching this show with my daughters!!! Thanks

• Daphne says:

Shawn’s wedding (“Girl Meets I Do”) is in 2 weeks (Aug. 12)! This is for the season finale and will likely air in early 2017.

31. Laurel says:

Looking forward to not only next season, but many more after that.

32. Becka says:

I hope they move to freeform. I think they’d be able to accomplish a lot more on the show. There’s bound to be issues they can talk about on a different network that Disney wouldn’t be comfortable airing.

33. Barbara Valaitis says:

Girl Meets World is one of the best programs on TV right now and should NOT be cancelled. Children of all ages relate to the characters on this show. There are actually parents that present in their children’s lives and these kids are great. Disney did good with this one. Keep it on.

34. Ozzie Mest says:

My wife and I love Girl Meets World. There is so much more for this show, ending it now would be so wrong. Look at its predecessor, Boy Meets World, they followed these individuals through their entire life. They have a to keep this going. It is one of the best shows on television. They write the stories with a lesson, even the adults can understand.

35. Phyllis Mychack says:

Please let this show keep going my children need something decent to watch

36. Ashley Berkuta says:

I love watching Girl Meets world and also Boy Meets World even though I am 32 years old they r my two favorite shows.

37. A says:

Disney you are being ridiculous even considering not keeping this show around for at least 7 seasons

38. Cody Brady says:

I hope this show doesn’t get cancelled anytime soon…I grew up watching “Boy Meets World”, and Meets World”!

39. Matthew says:

They cannot possibly end the series after this season because Riley has not “met the world” yet. Either renew it for a 4th season or sell the rights to Freeform

40. Dawn Brandenburg says:

This is soooo cool! I love bringing back my childhood again.

41. DAMIEN WHITE says:

we really couldn’t get topanga’s best friend angela back? her “BEST FRIEND” FROM BOY MEETS WORLD!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY!?

42. Anna says:

I loved boy meets world and i equally love girl meets world i hope it doesnt get cancelled anytime soon

43. jericho says:

What? no Jack?… ok nevermind, Jack was … but he IS Shawn’s brother and he won’t be at the wedding? How about the ghost of Chet? Some lost opportunities here I think…

44. Chris Gitto says:

I’m a huge fan of this show. I was a bigger fan oh BMW. The show brings out valuable lessons of life at times as Cory uses his teaching skills to bring out that student and what there capable of. It’s an extremely wholesome show and It would be a real shame if they end it.

45. Trinity says:

Please don’t let this show be over,i love this show.😭

46. Laura Nowak says:

I love watching this show with my son. Its something we can agree on tv show wise. Its fun tohave grown with the orginal and now my family can do it again. I hope they keep this show going.

47. My granddaughter and I watch GMW regularly. She loves Riley and Mia. She has learned a lot from watching GMW and we hope to continue watching it for many more years. My son’s watched BMW and I was ecstatic when GMW came out. The lessons they go through are lessons that kids deal with today and my granddaughter has really taken to listening to what she is watching and has taken away so much important information from your program. Not only is it entertaining, it is teaching my granddaughter valuable life lessons. And for that I thank you. Keep up the good work. I know we will be watching!!!

48. Julie Doughty says:

Best show since Austin and Ally, I hope it stays on it would be a shame to let it go since it is one of the few family oriented shows with nothing bad on it!

49. Tanya says:

They haven’t cancelled the show yet! They are planning on having episodes till at least 2017.

50. Americo Garcia says:

Love this show; hope it follows them through college, just like the original.