Comic-Con

Wentworth Miller: Prison Break Revival Asks, 'Does Michael Deserve a Reunion With Sara?' (And Will He Die Again?)

Even though San Diego Comic-Con has famously grown bigger and bigger, welcoming an ever-wider variety of fare, some may still ask: What qualified Prison Break to be a part of this year’s event?

Well, just as Michael Scofield can hatch an escape using a piece of chewing gum, Wentworth Miller is here to craftily justify the action-thriller’s invite to the epic fanfest.

Visiting Michael Ausiello at TVLine’s Comic-Con studio presented by ZTE, Prison Break’s co-lead says the series “has always been comic book-like” with its heightened reality, even as it plays the more serious, emotional notes.

Case in point: the very fact that Michael is alive, despite meaningfully sacrificing his life at the end of the original series. Of his remarkable resurrection, Miller says the explanation is “cool, unexpected and justified.”

And when Sara gets wind of this “cool” news? Prison Break fans anticipate feeling many emotions if and when Michael and his great love (as well as the son he never knew) reconnect after seven years of him being “dead” — even though Sara has moved on with a new husband (played by Royal Pains‘ Mark Feuerstein).

To this day, Sara is Michael’s “emotional bull’s-eye,” Miller says, but the interesting question for him to explore with the revival was, “Is Michael still the man she fell in love with?,” having done some “dark things” during his absence.

Miller also effuses about the “high school reunion” nature of getting his prison crew back together, and weighs in on whether Michael might die, again.

1. Bwhit says:

If Michael and Sara reunite in every way that’s icing on the cake for me but it’s him being in his son’s life that I truly hope happens. I’m excited to see Michael and Sara again and hopefully it works out in their favor but I’m really looking forward to Michael finally meeting Mike.

2. Alicia says:

My ‘shipper heart would be crumpled into a thousand pieces if they don’t get back together.

3. Claire says:

If my husband pretended to be dead for seven years, leaving me to raise our son alone, I’d be pissed. If she punches him in the face, I’d say it was justified…

• PatriciaLee says:

I’m with you, too, on this, and the plotting is rather stupid. However, I’ll take what I can get. The husband won’t notice, not as long as they keep running and fighting and winning. They should have had him have amnesia after they had to do some kind of treatment for his illness, then using his talents, etc. Maybe, his memory could have been returning, etc. A slug from her, for sure, but whatever sold the suits on doing a series extension, I can live with.

• Claire says:

Yeah, I’m happy it’s back, I just hope the ‘back from the dead’ thing is being done well. Seven years is a long time for someone to stay dead without a reeeeeeally good explanation.

• Ashton says:

He lost his memory and worked for isis and then wanted out once his memory came back

4. A says:

More interested in Sara and Leonard

5. Dystany Graves says:

Omg please tell me he doesn’t die again that will be stupid bring the show back and kill him again

6. julissa Coronel says:

Ever since I found out that there would be a reboot and Prison Break would soon be back I got so excited and am really anxious waiting!! I personally believe that Michael does deserve a happy ending and that he should NOT die at the end!!!

7. Scarlett says:

Can’t wait for the reboot ~ but I, already, know that the series needs to come back for good. As 24 is about to.

8. Elena says:

Micheal and Sarah do deserve a reunion!

9. sharna needham says:

Will there be a season 6 and Sara should get back with Michael

10. sharna needham says:

Michael never died he was wearing rubber soled shoes so therefore he wouldn’t of died Jew might pf get hurt but he wouldnt of died

11. Milton says:

Well,if I were Micheal Scofield, I would un questionably be sure that Sarah’s new husband has never broken out of any prison so Micheal could have still broken out of Hell.hahaa,who knows?
    I think that Sarah would still believe anything regarding Micheal’s second chance in live epecially basing on the last clip she watched with Linc.Also,sarah knows about how far Micheal for those he loved(his un born son)

Speaking of “TTTT~Bag”,he was my main man at the “GATE COORPERATION”

12. Vamshi says:

Guys ! Anyone noticed in the finale of season 4 Michael goes to the hospital , but they never showed us , what actually happened at the hospital .

• Blub says:

I could be wrong, but I think he went to the hospital for a letter in which is stated that his cancer had come back!

13. Dan says:

I know Mike and Sarah will definitely bounce back together no matter how this new episodes kick off or ends. Mike and Sarah is Prison Break

14. Lacey says:

If michael dies “again” i am going to have an emotional breakdown….

15. purushottam says:

I want to see Micheal with Gretchen who is very powerful this time. Not only them but all PB fans desrves happy ending