Comic-Con
wynonna earp renewed season 2

Wynonna Earp Renewed for Season 2

Wynonna Earp will ride again — it just won’t be quite as long a journey this time around.

Syfy has renewed for Season 2 the supernatural Western, which stars Melanie Scrofano as Wyatt Earp’s demon-fighting great granddaughter, it was announced during the show’s Comic-Con panel Saturday.

However, the drama’s sophomore season will consist of only 10 episodes — down by three from the number of installments ordered for Season 1. The show’s second season will premiere in 2017.

Are you excited that Wynonna will be saddling up once more? Hit the comments.

1. Aida says:

Great news. I would have loved 13 episodes but season 2 is great news.

• John Skelly says:

They need to come up with an ending. They have another chance now to do that. Too many times shows like to leave things in flux,maybe to try to hope for another season. You can always still add to it,but you can’t go back and get a chance to end something that is canceled. It can be a success with 23 episodes,or it can be something cut off in the middle.A movie is only a couple hours this has at least what 17-18 hours now? These show don’t know how long the will last especially ones with female leads in power roles.Thats why Buffy/Slayer worked out so well it was able to end,not be cut off.You can always add to it.

• Lou says:

Buffy didn’t end as such.
        It was just not renewed, like Sarah Michelle Gellar was not interested in continuing.
        The series has continued as a cartoon where the 11th season was recently announced.

• Rob Korchinski says:

As a FYI, Season One of Wynonna Earp can now be found on Netflix. For fans who wish to see season one again (without the commercials) or those who are new to the series, it’s a great option.

• Kym says:

Just found it today on Netflix. Never heard of it but it had five stars so figured why not? I was hooked and watched the whole season in one sitting.

2. Mike says:

I really liked the show so I’m very happy it’s been renewed! As Alda said I would have preferred more episodes (but of course everyone who is wanting the show renewed wants more!)

3. joyce wanket says:

Very happy to hear the show has been renewed for another season,,I love this show

4. Tammy says:

I am so so happy that Wynonna Earp has been renewed for season 2. Love the show and the storylines that that it tells. Can’t wait but will be worth it.

5. Kerry Connors says:

Extremely excited that Wynonna Earp has been renewed. A little disappointed that they only get 10 episodes. This truly is one of the best shows SyFy has ever had. Not sure how The Magicians and Z-Nation have gotten renewels. On a scale of 1 to 10 they both rank at a 3, or lower.

• obi-commenter says:

I’m happy we’ll get a chance to see where Doc Holliday shot the demon possessed Waverly. (seriously, the gunshot can’t have been Waverly’s) Still, Magician’s was great and even Z-Nation was far better written.

Even as superhero/fantasy fiction goes, Wynona has to be one of the most unrealistic heros ever. Despite repeatedly losing her grip on Peacemaker because she’s so slow and indecisive, she STILL doesn’t know how to at least cock that single-action revolver before pointing at faster/telekinetic opponents. And why didn’t she shoot that snake demon instead of making the doomed run for the gates? When she shot her sister, she should have just kept pulling the trigger aiming for the snake head. They even showed her pointing Peacemaker at the snake head while sliding through the gate, but she didn’t try to shoot. She did manage to outrun the trucks to line up a shot at Bobo though. Then magically everyone is back at the gates.

SyFy can do better and female leads can be far better/stronger. Wynona is more like the classic “incompetent Dad” character in most sitcoms than a heroine.

• David Knowles says:

We only know that the peacemaker kills Reverents, who are people by Earp ancesters, we have never been told whether it useful weapon against other demonds.

• Kym says:

Definitely have a point but gotta remember she wasn’t supposed to be the heir. Never trained for it. Never used a gun since she shot her father. She did get much better as the season progressed. However I was wondering the same thing about the ending. Was there a reason she waited to shoot until she was on the light side of the gate? I know she told her sister to bring the gun back to her side so the can fix it. So perhaps she couldn’t shoot it while still on the other side of the gate.Hoe she got caught up to the trucks though that was confusing.

• David Knowles says:

Z-Nation production budget is tiny. The Magicians was a awesome show and that why they were both renewed.

• Barb says:

Z Nation is different than most,
        Zombie/Walker shows!
        What makes it enjoyable 2 watch!
        They r on a mission
        Different Locations,
        Different issues/problems
        Different type of the dead
        Great actors/Characters!
        Cute comedy,
        Ect!

• Tiffany Kendrick says:

I hate z nation but I love The Magicians! Season 1 was a little slow but previews of season 2 look at lot more interesting.

6. Stephanie Travis says:

Me and my daughters absolutely love this show!! Were counting down to season 2 🙌

7. collins says:

Awesome news! I think this show just needs a little time to find it’s audience and a season 2 will only help in that respect.

My hope is that with 10 episodes Emily Andras is able to set up a compelling story that will lead into a season 3. Now that the much of the mythology has been established, season 2 can be used to tell a taut story about these characters we love and want to know better.

I’m very excited to see what Andras has to tell us about Wynonna, Waverly, Doc, Dolls and Haught.

8. Lynleigh says:

YEAH! I am sure it will be worth the wait. Thank you syfy.

9. roxanne child says:

wonderful news !!! looking forward to the 2nd season !! love the show.

10. Joyce Riley-Greene says:

Good God yes I am excited! It’s one of the best things that’s been on in ages and original.

11. Daisy Dew says:

Wynonna Earp going back to the type of shows that made SyFy popular. Ever since NBC bought SyFy, the show have been a hipster idea of SciFi.

12. Jillian says:

Love the show , cant wait for the next season

13. Jillian says:

Love the show cant wait for the next season

14. Kris says:

Really enjoyed this show. I wasn’t sure after the first episode but once I started to get to know each character I began liking their dialog and interaction. I think that Wynona is a great female lead because she is a hot mess not dispite it. She had a crazy childhood and has guilt and pain and anger and didn’t ask for any of it. Still she has a sense of humor and is growing and learning to use it all to be better and become a hero inspire of it all. I enjoy heroes who are flawed. Makes them more real somehow. Glad to see it coming back. There is a ton of places to go with this story line. Hoping it will get noticed by more people between now and season two. I never watched it until I saw it on Apple TV and was looking for a new series to watch.

15. Tayler says:

So glad this was renewed. We have watch parties for this

16. King says:

I gave up on Syfy until this show. Excited for season 2, even if its disappointingly short

17. Linda Asbell says:

I love syfi’s Wynonna Earp
    Please keep bringing her back with more than 10 episodes

18. AWWW-REET … Great show – entertaining- fun – and funny- Hot Girls – Demon ( Revenant ) Witch Hunters – What’s not to like ? Thumbs Up for the renewal !

19. Angela Martin says:

Very happy this show will return. Please don’t take it off the air.

20. EJay says:

Love this show! Wynnona Earp is one of the few shows my man enjoys watching with me. My friend missed season 1 but is catching up now per my recommendation. We’re all looking forward to finding when exactly to tune in for season 2! P.S. Other Syfy favorites: Merlin, The Magicians, Lost Girl, Being Human, Grimm, Bitten…too bad they couldn’t all stay

21. Christine Janke says:

Winona Earp is a really cool show. I was hooked first time I watched it. Glad to see TV shows, not that reality crap.

22. Tara says:

Love wynonna Earp can’t wait for season 2 to start ❤️

23. Barb says:

I was so afraid it wouldnt get a 2nd season b/c it had lower ratings than the other syfy shows!
    I was glad 2 c the viewing increase, closer 2 the end of season 1!
    I’m glad 2 c it got renewed for season2!

24. KG says:

Glad the show has been renewed. Makes for a decent Friday night. Would have liked more episodes and to be on before 2017.

25. Donna Bishop says:

I am really glad that Wynonna Earp is renewed for a 2nd season. Thank you for the info.

26. RamMan says:

Luv the show , hope many more seasons to come

27. Kathy Garrett says:

I’m so glad to here the show has been renewed. Why do they always want to take off the good shows and leave lame shows on.

28. Edward Chase says:

You Dump Defiance and Dominion! But your gonna renew Wyonna ? This is why I’m done with SyFy! The show was UNWATCHABLE!

29. ruby j says:

why only 10episodes?
    i soooo love wynonna earp!
    been watching it since it began..
    now ive been waiting for months. thanksfor renewing it.. pls extend it more..

30. Katy says:

So happy it’s renewal has happened. Please dont kill of the LGBTQ part of the line

31. Brad says:

I’m ecstactic that that there will be another season but puzzled by the shorter run. More Wynnona would definitely better!

32. Carol gay says:

I’m very happy it’s coming back for another season , but I’m very angry that it’s not gonna be a full season I really love this show and I think it should get a normal season

33. Julie says:

Love Wynona EArp! Yay for season 2

34. MHodges says:

I stoked that they’re having a season 2. I really hope they have more seasons

35. Melodee Gregoire says:

Took long enough . I figured that someone washed another fresh show off the map. Happy to see this

36. Sam says:

Very excited. I love this show. I looked forward to getting off work to come home n watch it. So happy to know there will be a season 2 I hope there will be more

37. joyce wanket says:

Loved the shows 1st. season can’t wait for the next one

38. FlyBoyMark says:

Great show but like so many other syfy shows shortened to 10 episodes, I totaly forget about them between seasons and lose interest. 2 1/2 months and they are done for a year.

39. Steve says:

So glad there’s going to be a 2nd season, hoping it leads to even more seasons. It is a great show.

40. Babygurl2003 says:

I glad that the writers and producer’s decided to have a season two. I just hope that they decide to have a season 3 also. I hope wyonna ends up with doc they would make a awesome couple. Can’t wait till season 2 starts.

41. T. Hannibal Gray says:

My only problem with the show is when they said Doc Holiday shot Wyatt Earp. Doc Holiday died in Tombstone, Arizona of tuberculosis almost four decades before Wyatt Earp died of old age in L.A. in the 1930’s. The writer’s are bending the facts just a wee bit too much. Bobo said Wynonna’s little sister wasn’t an Earp. This should make for an interesting arc. Maybe she’s Doc’s daughter if Wynonna’s mother slept with him. That would make her a Holiday and Wynonna’s half sister. Seeing as Willa was an evil beetch and is now dead, she needs some family member to keep her sane. I hope the writer’s don’t get too crazy with this arc and that would make the Earp/Holiday partnership fresh..

42. can’t wait for season 2, I just wish they weren’t short changing it.

43. Amanda Russell says:

Yes I can’t wait

44. Janet says:

Luv show must know when coming on!!!

45. Jeff says:

Love the show, sure would have thought it deserved more than a drop in the episode count for season 2. But I am looking forward to watching what happens next..

46. Christina says:

To the point. Love the show. Love the cast. Happy to hear it’s being renewed even for 10 seasons. Woot#

I don’t even care how much my coworker’s sister-in-law makes per hour. :)

47. Mike Adjams says:

glad to hear season 2. show is funny, smart,, intriging. might help with flashbacks to original wyatt interaction with doc.excellent cast, maybe black badge could simmer down and work with wynonna and not try to usurp her. well balanced plot development, willa is a great curveball in the show. hope it lasts for at least two more seasons.

48. I am so excited! ! I was worried they were goimg to leave me hanging, cant wait for next season to start !