Comic-Con
Legends of Tomorrow Legion Doom

Legends of Tomorrow: Reverse-Flash, Captain Cold to Form Legion of Doom — Also: Stargirl, Dr. Mid-Nite Coming!

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will battle the Legion of Doom in Season 2, it was announced on Saturday at the San Diego Comic-Con.

And populating The CW series’ iteration of the infamous Legion of Doom will be some familiar faces: Reverse-Flash (to again played by The Flash‘s Matt Letscher), Captain Cold (LegendsWentworth Miller), Malcolm Merlyn aka the Dark Archer (Arrow vet John Barrowman) and Damien Darhk (Arrow‘s Neal McDonough).

COMIC-CON 2016 Exclusive Videos, Casting News, Scoop and More

Letscher will be a series regular on Legends Season 2, while McDonough will recur. Miller and Barrowman recently signed groundbreaking deals where they are series regulars across all of The CW’s superhero shows.

“For Season 2 of Legends, we decided that the perfect antagonist for TV’s first-ever team of Super Heroes would be TV’s first-ever team of Super-Villains,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim said in a statement, “recruited from the ranks of Arrow and The Flash’s deadliest adversaries. Being huge fans of the Challenge of the Superfriends, we’ve come to call this group our ‘Legion of Doom.’”

Speaking of legends-stargirlsuper friends, the Legends will be getting some — in the form of Justice Society of America members. Already, Rip Hunter’s team has met Hourman (played by Suits‘ Patrick J. Adams in the Season 1 finale). Additionally, to be cast for Season 2 are Stargirl, Dr. Mid-Nite and Obsidian (click names for details).

Earlier this summer, Nick Zano (2 Broke Girls) was added to teh Legends cast as Dr. Nate Heywood aka Citizen Steel.

“Even the heroes have heroes,” EP Legends-dr-mid-nitePhil Klemmer said of the Legends getting help from the Justice Society. “For us, the JSA is like that golden age of superheroes. For our team, it’s like modern people meeting that greatest generation.”

Legends also recently cast The OriginalsMaisie Richardson-Sellers in the series-regular role of Amayalegends-of-tomorrow-obsidian Jiwe, aka Vixen, to fill a vacancy on the Waverider, after Hawkgirl and Hawkman bid the team adieu, and in the wake of Leonard Snart’s sacrificial death.

Legends of Tomorrow premieres Season 2 on Thursday, Oct. 13 at 8/7c, where it now leads into Supernatural. Are you excited to see Legends plus Society vs. Legion?

1. Excuse me. I want Leonard back but why is he in this Legion of Doom after all that character development?

• Mo says:

Right?! And what’s Rory going to do when he sees Snart again? This is Barry’s fault.

• Tydeus says:

He died, and none of that happened, instead we’re back to an earlier version of Captain Cold before his trip on the Waverider.

• lot_fans_mom says:

Exactly. I was actually disappointed with this news about Snart. I hope that changing FlashPoint will help.

JSA sounds cool but I’d just gotten to know the original team. I’m not ready for new folks.

• Roy says:

It’s simple, Eobard is taking these villains out of time at certain key points i.e. before Darhk dies & before Snark even got picked up to join the Legends aka before he went good.

2. Mo says:

Matt Letscher back as RF, yes! I want to see what 100%, pure, unadulterated Eobard Thawne is like.

3. Tydeus says:

Yes! But I’m not sure about Damien Darhk, I know time travel is a thing so it’s pre-Season 4 I guess… hmm.. I just wonder how it lines up with season 4. I bet they can do him justice though, when Darhk was on the Flash for the two night crossover of Legends of Today/Yesterday, sure it was like 5 minutes.. but their writing of him was 100% better than what Arrow did.

4. Joey Padron says:

Legion of Doom with the villains from arrow and The Flash for Legends of Tomorrow’s new season sounds exciting! Great new heroes they added to be part of Justice of Society of America. Season 2 is gonna be great!

5. Rahajicho says:

If they can pull this off, I can forgive them for season one.

6. JCPrime1 says:

The Legion Of Doom sounds terrible. Boring that they are just recycling old villains.

7. ninamags says:

Wasn’t the Legion of Doom the name for the truly iconic villains in the Superfriends’ cartoon??

Seeing the new trailer for the movie, I can’t help but be nostalgic for that cartoon series.

8. kaliber says:

I am so over Neal McDonough.

9. Maxxor2242 says:

Yo I’ve honestly been waiting for this since the name barry Allen was first uttered. My only problem is the size of the legion and the fact that there was no build up. I would have preferred a multi-show build up showing the teams formation then showing how the team interacts as a whole and then maybe a huge crossover finale.

10. DS9 is King says:

Barry Allen Created the Flashpoint timeline and by doing so he erased everything that the Legends did, everything from Killing Savage from Killing the Time Masters and Mick Rory was never Kronos because in this new Timeline none of them ever joined Rip so in layman
    terms it did not happen, but the only reason why the Legends are still around was because the Legends were protected by the Wave Rider.