Comic-Con
Bones Season 12

Bones @ Comic-Con: Two (!) Deaths, Undercover Fun and More in Season 12

The Grim Reaper is coming for Bones.

Coming off the Season 11 finale’s Puppeteer serial killer twist, co-showrunner Michael Peterson revealed on Friday at the show’s farewell panel at San Diego Comic-Con that “two other people from past seasons will die” – though not any of the series regulars.

Mortality was also on star Emily Deschanel’s mind when asked how she’d like to see Brennan’s journey conclude. “Hopefully not in death,” she revealed. “I hope there’s some kind of happy ending on some level, even though I know there’s going to be some sadness in the [next] season.”

However the Fox drama wraps up, there will be another undercover adventure for Booth and Brennan before the series finale. “It’s a world we’ve never been in [that] only Booth and Brennan can do justice to,” co-showrunner Jonathan Collier teased.

COMIC-CON 2016 Exclusive Videos, Casting News, Scoop and More

Other highlights from the panel:

* Season 12, Episode 11 will reveal the meaning of the 447 mystery.

* As Collier told TVLine, Eric Millegan’s Zack Addy will have a presence in Season 12, appearing in three or four episodes.

* TJ Thyne is feeling confident about his onscreen marriage, despite some of the challenges thrown at the couple recently. “I think Jack and Angela will always make it. I think we’ll be OK,” he said.

* Wedding bells are, indeed, ringing for Cam and Arastoo! “I kind of thought the writers were going to cheat me out of a wedding, but it sounds like they’re not,” Tamara Taylor shared.

Bones‘ final season is slated to air in early 2017.

1. madbengalsfan85 says:

My guess is that one of the deaths will be Zack. Either he’s the last victim of the Puppeteer, or he is the Puppeteer and Booth shoots him

• David4 says:

Zack will be killed off saving the group from something. I think that is very clear. Maybe the old boss will die too from season 1.

I also don’t have a clue what they are talking about with 447.

2. Trista says:

The 447 mystery? Can someone refresh my memory?

• Kim R says:

Did that have to do with the bedside clock time at Booth & Brennan’s old house and Pelant?

• Wendy says:

If you watch older episodes, you either saw 447 (as in 4:47, for instance, when B&B got it on in Booth’s coma dream world in the 4th season finale, Christine being born at 4:47 p.m., and so forth… 447 seemed to pop up as a little “thing” during events in B&B’s lives.

3. G says:

I guess Max, while saving Bones.

4. kmw says:

I would guess at least one of the deaths would be Max but if Zack is going to be in 3 or 4 episodes I don’t think it will be him. Sounds good for next season I wish Bones aired on a network that cared about it. Bones should be re aired tonight.

5. Nancy says:

Interesting…I was thinking Max or Caroline. But honestly, they are in the current seasons as well as the old ones and I like them too much! But maybe Finn? Was that the southern intern? Since he’s not going to return or some other intern that is otherwise employed? Maybe Gramps will finally ‘die’ since Ralph Waite has been gone a few years now.

6. skrable2 says:

Russ Brennan could be one of the deaths

7. Tom says:

I just thought of a character from the first 2, or 3, seasons who could be returning: the British psychologist! What was his name?

Maybe he is the Puppeteer!

• kmw says:

The name of the psychologist is Gordon as played by Stephen Fry. I don’t think he is the Puppeteer because you can see the back of him in episode 13 and he isn’t very big and Gordon Gordon is big guy. I am sorry for Pops but he isn’t getting a death here either( this will be the biggest disappointment coming from Bones not doing anything for Pops naming their son after him doesn’t really count to me). The two deaths are from characters that came from second or third season which to me says Russ maybe Rebecca or Max or Zack.

8. Nicole10inglis@gmail.com says:

Aw I really like bones going to miss you x

9. Deeksha says:

Guys why why this show has to stop :'(

10. A y says:

Who was the first director of the Jeffersonian before Cam??? Also how about Brennan’s mother being alive

11. Crystal Harris says:

This show is remarkable, and because of Emily and David they have gave me reason to watch television once more.
    I think it’s Daisy, is the killer and Zack is nearly a pawn, and Jack will die.

I’m gonna miss the show, and the chemistry, and love, science, and the characters, it was great and will be missed. Xoxo

12. waiting for 7 months for the final conclussion!!!! That’s way to long they have to do a rerun of the last episode of season 11

13. Ann says:

Either way, I’m going to be sad to see Bones end. I been watching this show since day one. Farewell to the cast of Bones and I hope to see all of you in other shows in the future.

14. Heather Coulson says:

They keep referring to this last season as seasons 12. It’s season 13. I’ve watched all 12 on Netflix. Awesome binge watching Bones!!

15. Heather Coulson says:

I think one will be Max. At Brennan’s birthday party he had dropped something on the floor. Christine saw it and gave it to him. I think he’s dying of something.