Rita Ora Replaces Tyra Banks America's Next Top Model

America's Next Top Model: Tyra Banks Replaced as Host by Rita Ora

When America’s Next Top Model sends its 23rd season down the runway this fall, its network won’t be the only thing different about it: Rita Ora is replacing Tyra Banks as host, our sister site Variety reports.

Upon the Poselympics’ move from The CW to VH1, Banks — an entrepreneurial mentor on NBC’s upcoming reality competition Funded — will remain an EP as well as pop up now and again throughout the season.

British singer-actress Ora has previously been a coach on the The Voice and a judge on The X-Factor in the UK. Her new ANTM judging panel will be made up of plus-size supermodel Ashley Graham, Paper Magazine‘s Drew Elliott and stylist Law Roach.

According to VH1, ANTM 2.0 (3.0?) will “reflect the modeling industry today.”

What do you think? Will you be tuning in? Or is ANTM without Banks like a photographer without a subject? Hit the comments!

1. Amber Cariker says:

Plus size? Can we not say model? The Holliday girl is plus size; not Ashley Graham.

2. brandydanforth81 says:

I’ll tune in but miss Tyra as host ,at least she’s still show up and is producing.Dont know any of the new judges and know little of Ritaother than premirng one on 90210& being Rob kardashans ex.

3. Jenna says:

So apparently auditioning to be Rob Kardashian’s girl and being a Rihana-knockoff makes you eligible to judge models. Did every single model in the US say “no” to this show and they had to get someone from the UK who lasted one season on The Voice and X Factor to find models in America?!? Tyra needs to stay away from this wreck or she will ruin her legacy.

4. Dude says:

Well seeing as she took such offense to Amy Schumer not wanting to be called plus sized, she should carry that title for the rest of her career.

5. JM says:

Wasn’t this show cancelled and expected to finish last summer?

6. Shaun says:

Thought this was cancelled?lol

7. Amy says:

I miss ANTM and its wacky antics, so I’ll give this version a try.

8. Desiree says:

So glad to hear they are overhauling the judges panel. I don’t feel strongly one way or the other about Rita Ora, but Tyra Banks had become such a caricature over the course of the last several cycles…I just hope that VH1 isn’t just going to continue with all the hokey, eye-rolling nonsense that Tyra and CW produced. No more stupid phrases (i.e. Pot Ledom)! No more eye-rolling ‘vocab’ (tooch, booch, boom-boom-boom, boom-boom-wow, etc.) lessons. No more IDIOTIC music video/commercial shoots (Who remembers the Modelland finale challenge? So. BAD.) I would like to see them get back to what made Top Model so entertaining to begin with: the makeovers, the photo-shoots, and the dynamic among the contestants that isn’t all about hook-ups…which brings up my final hope. I would like if the show went back to just ladies. Or if they are going to have ladies and men, have them living in separate houses. I am by NO means a prude, but the last few cycles have focused almost entirely on hookups and boy-girl drama, to the detriment of the rest of the show. The challenges and photo shoots took a very distant second place to whatever ‘romantic’ drama was going on in the house that week…unless they could bring that into the photo shoot by pairing up couples with other people. It was such a stupid and transparent attempt to manufacture drama…and that is saying something when you consider that the entire point of reality tv is to manufacture drama to create an interesting narrative.

9. Me says:

Nothing without Tyra. Bring back jay Manual

10. John says:

I live Rita Ora. It might be time to check the show out.

11. Jessica says:

Tyra Banks makes ANTM …… her experience in modeling and photography not to mention her presence is what kept ANTM alive and the only reason I kept wanting to watch in the first place
    Xo

12. VB says:

I’ll probably get flack for this but I think Tyra got old after 20-something seasons. Honestly, the show used to be fun and about modeling and as it tried to remain current with all of the weird phrases and reality tv romances, I lost interest. I like that Ashley Graham is going to be a judge – she’s more relevant currently and it will be a nice change. Had to look up who Rita Ora is…I feel like they could have tried looking for a host that’s a little more well known to the general population.

By the way – still going to watch the new season because I have watched every season since the beginning just to see the makeover episode. I have high hopes that they will return to the classic Top Model ways of focusing on normal photo-shoots and go-sees and a little bit less on music videos and reality tv romances.

13. Trina Dyson says:

I don’t think I will be a fan any longer. My mom, and I faithfully watched America’s Top Model because we really, really loved Ms. Tyra Banks as the Host. Let’s face, it she has, and always will be a Top Model. We loved her personality, the way she dressed, her hair styles etc. We could not wait for each new season. We also loved Mr. and Ms. J. Each season was full of a lot of fun and surprises. We also predicted almost all of the winners and always the top 4. I doubt if it will be as successful.

Very, Very, Disappointed Fan

14. Linda says:

In my opinion, ANTI will not be the same without Tyra Banks. I probably won’t watch.

15. Stephanie says:

Tyra Banks made ANTM and this show is not it. Miss u Tyra

16. Melody Auker says:

So disappointed Tyra is gone. Show completely different. Bad choice. Probably have lost me as a fan who recorded every episode. BUMMED.

17. spencers mom says:

i like tyra and enjoyed the jays and all of it. I don’t know her and was not like wow there is Tyra that beautiful model of our time. that sweet person that gave truth to the girls and All girls to just relate in that dream was what i will miss, I don’t like to give a try to someone that was special and its just not going to seem the same. Sorry It just won’t be like real and thats how I feel,:))

18. bulletsbabe says:

Well I finally broke down and recorded one episode of this new ANTM (One of my favorite shows that I looked forward to every week) Omg, what have you done Tyra?! I was heartbroken! This new version is NOTHING like the original!! It lacks so much in so many areas I wouldn’t know where to begin *sighs* ANTM is nothing without the J’s.. Nigel and Miss Tyra herself. I really enjoyed the original show.. but this one.. *shakes head* It’s a shame and it saddens me. Why does everyone want to fix what isn’t broken. Unfortunately, ANTM is not only broken now but it’s been utterly destroyed!! WHY TYRA? Needless to say, as much as I miss ANTM, I won’t be watching this new version. Thankfully there are always reruns and I will continue to watch reruns because this new and VERY BAD version sucks! I’d sooner watch paint dry. I’ll miss the show very much 😔