Stranger Things: 15 Moments That Made the Netflix Series an Insta-Classic

Warning: If you’ve yet to get comfy in your La-Z-Boy recliner and spend a day binging Stranger Things, you may want to avoid this spoiler-filled story like it was the Demogorgon.

Every once in a while, a series comes along that is so good, it doesn’t have to wait years to be declared awesome. From the get-go, it’s just an insta-classic. Stranger Things is one of those.

Though Netflix’s supernatural/sci-fi/horror mash-up benefits greatly from the nostalgia factor that its 1980s setting makes a given, there are a million other reasons that we — and, we’ll wager, you — loved it that have nada to do with its retro fashions, Clash jams or Atari references.

Stranger Things 15 MomentsThere are the young leads, spirited and appealing. There’s the monster and its nightmarish, starfishy head. There’s Winona Ryder, for crying out loud.

We could go on, obviously. Instead, we’ve whittled down our list of a million reasons that we dug the Duffer brothers’ creation to 15 especially memorable moments.

To see which ones made our cut (in no particular order), click on the gallery below. Then hit the comments with the scenes that you think we’re mouth breathers for having omitted.

1. sarah t says:

I’m halfway through this fun series and I’m a little addicted. It’s like an awesome mashup of Goonies, Stephen King, Super 8, ET and The X-Files. We’ve been watching 1 a night to kind of build on suspense. So perfectly done!

2. A. D. says:

This show is awesome!

3. Shelby says:

I loved all your picks, and I loved the heart and soul of this series. I just wanted to show some love for Dustin! He was hilarious and brilliant. I hope to see more of him.

4. D says:

This show came out of nowhere for me and blew me away, I hope there is another season

5. TJ says:

I meant to watch just and episode or two last Sunday, and ended up watching the whole thing!! Really hoping they figure out some great ideas for a sequel!!! Great casting, great storytelling!

6. Red Snapper says:

I loved it. I watch a lot of shows, like all the shows, but nothing has ever drawn me in quite like Stranger Things did. It was a perfect mix of Spielberg and King with a few other things thrown in. I wanted more immediately after the last episode but I think 8 was a good episode count. Any more and the pacing would not have been as great as it was. I am looking forward to where they take the story next.

7. J says:

One of the BEST shows I’ve seen in awhile. This wasn’t just a mini series right? Netflix has to renew it for another season!

8. Bwhit says:

I was going to sample this show yesterday and ended up staying up until 1 am to finish it. Those are some of the best child actors I have ever seen and I loved every episode. I agree that an ended hopeful but also gave us a lot to still ponder.