Containment Spoilers

Containment Boss Previews Series Finale Battle, Promises 'Good Closure'

Though Containment is coming to an end, the cancelled CW drama still has some fight left in it. Or at least its headstrong, virus-afflicted characters do.

Tuesday’s unintentional series finale (airing at 9/8c) — the episode was filmed in December, five months before the axe came down — is “the culmination of the conflict between Lex and Lommers,” executive producer Julie Plec previews. “[It’s about] her role in the conspiracy, his feelings about it, and their disparate notions about how far they need to go to protect the people inside the cordon.”

While Lommers is “going to great lengths to prevent anybody from escaping” the quarantined area, “Jana, Suzy, Quentin, Teresa and Xander are very intent on getting out,” the EP continues. “So there’s going to be something that has to give, or people are going to end up killed.”

As “the outside and inside stories collide,” Plec says the final hour will provide as much wrap-up “as a show that wasn’t expecting to end this way can. It, thankfully, has a very emotional ending that brings a lot of the stories to a place where they were going to live for quite some time if the series were to move forward.

“It doesn’t feel like you’re robbed of an experience,” she adds. “It just feels like it would be nice if you could stick around and watch these people live their lives a while longer.” Despite a few untied-up plot threads, there is “good closure, and it should be a fairly satisfying viewing experience.”

1. RedReddington says:

This show finally got pretty good 6 or 7 episodes in. Such a shame that it’s canceled. :(

2. CW really screwed up with this cancelation! This show was absolutely amazing!

3. Gina says:

I still don’t fully understand what happened here. It was always billed as a”limited series event”, no? As a (tv) ley person, that makes me think it’s one and done, anyway. Why the uproar over the cancellation?

• Vlada Gelman says:

It was not originally intended as a limited series by the creative team.

• Lyndi says:

That’s news to me that it was a limited series event… never once saw them advertise it as such. It was a great series and I think they are making a is take by cackling it do soon.

4. Brittanie says:

I just saw the last episode (as been presented in Canada)! As Plec said, it’s a good closure and an emotinnal one. It’s seems a bit rushed, but I’m 90% satisfied.

5. ninergrl6 says:

I’m still an emotional wreck from the past two episodes. I haven’t cried so much over a tv show in years. Really bummed that we won’t have total closure, but I guess I’ll take what I can get. I don’t want to say goodbye to these characters! (especially Jake)

6. Skydoc says:

Why is it that every show on TV thst is somewhat a sci-fi series gets cancelled. When are the network idiots going to learn that most people who like this stuff don’t watch it on traditional TV or websites like CW.com or hulu. The numbers are far higher than they believe. It was the same with Jericho a few years ago. Most followers watched online.

7. Rob Horine says:

The thing that didn’t set right with me is having Claudia Black with blond-ish hair. Doesn’t set right to me.

8. Kristen says:

As much as the last two episodes made me cry, I’m sure this one will as well. I was highly anticipating this series, and it delivered. I’m sad that it was canceled. I feel it was a good fit for The CW.

9. Marie says:

While there was some closure, I didn’t actually think it was good closure. It still left you wondering about what happens.

• Alice says:

I agree. I think they just want to leave us with a small bit of hope that things are getting better. However, I think Katie’s death really affected the show in my opinion. While I would’ve liked another season, I’m glad it ended because I’m not sure how much brooding and heartache I can take from Jake.

10. Margie Jessome says:

I’m not sure who makes the decisions to cancel or continue, but they should reconsider. This TV series is awesome. I look forward to watching it every week. Containment was worth watching and when we compare it to some of the other shows still on TV…again I wonder why this decision was made… Cheers to all the wonderful actors in this show, writers and director. Hats off to you all.

11. Clinton Schwind says:

I managed to get through all the episodes of “Containment”. I know this is wrong but, I found myself praying that all the characters would get the virus and die. The more I knew them the more I disliked them all. The worst part of all is that ridiculous “safe sex” shower curtain scene…Give me a break!…lol

12. Janae Hill says:

Containment never should’ve been cancelled!!! This was one of the best shows ever!!!u all must’ve gotten bored too soon!!!! I’m soooooo freakn upset! !!!!!so now what??????

13. Shirley Garza says:

Its how the good shows get cancel containment was good each episode always had action please bring it back