Once Upon a Time Season 6

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Homeland, The 100, Once, TVD, Younger, The Mindy Project and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Anything on next week’s Bones finale? —Jenna
Ausiello: Prepare for a twist ending to rival all twist endings, setting up a doozy of a 12th and final season. “We’ve pulled out all the stops,” declares Bones exec producer Jonathan Collier of Thursday’s closer. “We’re really trying to challenge our characters, challenge our relationships, challenge even the safety of those we love and wrapping it up with an incredible surprise. [The Puppeteer Killer storyline] goes to a place you’re never expecting but that makes complete sense.”

04HOMELAND-tmagArticleQuestion: Do you have any kind of scoop about Homeland Season 6? —Dee
Ausiello: With a new setting comes a new… Franny?! The Showtime thriller, which is putting down stakes in New York City in Season 6, is recasting Carrie’s daughter and beefing up the role. NuFranny will be age 4 and have a “major recurring” presence when the series returns in early 2017. Casting is currently underway, so if you have a daughter in the Pre-K age range who is the spitting image of Damian Lewis and doesn’t mind getting almost fake-drowned in a bathtub every few months, hit up Showtime!

Question: It sounds like there are a handful of new characters coming to The Vampire Diaries next season. Any more to add to the list? –Sarah
Ausiello: Funny you should ask that, Sarah, because I’ve got one more to share with you: The Oct. 21 season premiere will introduce us to Georgie, an occult research intern with a few demons of her own. It sounds like she’ll use this field of study to grapple with her dark past, and while we don’t know which characters she’ll interact with the most, it’s safe to assume Alaric will factor in there somewhere.

Question: Please tell me that The Mindy Project isn’t going to make Jody and Mindy a couple next season. He’s all wrong for her! —Tania
Ausiello: We wouldn’t worry too much: The Hulu comedy is bringing on Ben, a “winning, down-to-earth, blue-collar” divorced dad who’s got a teen daughter and who’ll eventually be in Mindy’s romantic orbit. Ben is a pediatric nurse Mindy will run into when she’s got little Leo in tow, and like most of the guys in Dr. L’s life, he’ll initially be really annoyed by her… before starting to see her charms. (P.S. Does this character remind anyone else of Tim Daly’s Charlie Lang from Season 2?)

Question: Anything on Suits? —Lindsey
Ausiello: Donna, being her usual awesome self, “figures out a way for [Rachel] not to have to wait a month” to see Mike in prison, executive producer Aaron Korsh previews. “We open Episode 2 on that. So that’s just a tiny example of the things Donna does to keep people connected” this season.

Question: You haven’t spilled anything on Madam Secretary in a while! —Nicki
Ausiello: You’re in luck, Nicki: One of TVLine’s intrepid Outer Borough Spies tells us that the CBS drama recently filmed in the Bronx, and the location shoot seemed to involve some kind of major, scary event that happens at Jason’s school in the Season 3 premiere. Téa Leoni, Tim Daly and Evan Roe (who plays Jason) were on set, as were director Eric Stolz and exec producer Morgan Freeman. On a related note: Can’t the McCords have a “quiet evening in” every once in a while?!

DMQuestion: Is this the last season of Devious Maids? I won’t accept anything other than “no.” —Lucy
Ausiello:
Will you accept “I don’t know”? Because I don’t. What I do know, however, is that the Lifetime dramedy is gearing up for a hell of a finale. “The cliffhanger this year is … completely unexpected,” Rebecca Wisocky (aka Evelyn Powell) says. And, yes, I added in those eclipses to emphasize Wisocky’s dramatic pause. If you’d rather I quote another rich egomaniac, the finale’s going to be “huuuuge.”

Question: Hawaii Five-0 is casting some interesting people for Season 7: first Rosalind Chao, and now Faran Tahir, if you can confirm. Do you have anything on their characters? —Lisa
Ausiello: Chao, as we reported last week, is playing the new governor of Hawaii, while American Crime and Dallas alum Tahir will guest-star in Episode 2 as Lucky, a suave and polished — and very wealthy — Egyptian-born businessman.

Question: Where is “my man” Tex this year on The Last Ship? —Mathew
Ausiello: TNT is mum on John Pyper-Ferguson possibly resurfacing in Season 3, but Eric Dane won’t rule out an in-the-clutch encore. “Tex is like a wart. He goes away, he comes back,” the series lead told Matt Mitovich. Going all-in with the metaphor, Dane continued: “‘That wart is so ugly I want to hide my hand!’ But when it’s Halloween and you really need it to spook somebody, it’s back on your hand.”

Question: Can you provide anything on a possible Season 3 of The Knick? I’m dying to know! Even if the answer is that it is not coming back… I will be relieved because not knowing is driving me crazy! — Melissa
Ausiello: I asked HBO for an update and they re-sent me the same statement they shared with the media last year regarding the show’s fate, which notes that Steven Soderbergh and his fellow EPs are “working with Cinemax to determine what additional seasons would look like.”

TommyQuestion: Safe to say Tommy Dewey’s recent Instagram shot with Rob Lowe means we’ll be seeing more of Mike Leighton on Code Black? —Sarah
Ausiello: It’s very safe to say. A CBS rep confirm to me that the Casual actor will reprise his MD role on a recurring basis in Season 2.

Question: I know I have to wait until midseason for more The 100, but is there anything you can tell me about Season 4 now? –Brittany
Ausiello: Anything, you say? How about a new pair of Grounders entering the scene? First up is Hugo, a physically intimidating twentysomething with the instincts of a natural leader. (That said, he’s pretty torn up over all of the atrocities he committed under ALIE’s control.) Then there’s Kenza, a slightly younger, more “devout” Grounder who put down her sword some time ago in favor of a religious life. What a pair!

Question: Can you share any dish about Younger? –Anna
Ausiello:
This one’s kind of a doozy, Anna: Though you shouldn’t count out Thad’s twin brother just yet, it looks like Kelsey is getting a new love interest in Season 3. Hilary Duff’s character has a chance meeting with a charming New Yorker employee at a literary event, and there are definitely sparks. (Pun intended.)

Question: Long time listener, first time caller. With The Leftovers Season 3 filming, I had a question about the episode (of the year!) “International Assassin.” Will we ever find out what was said to Kevin by the “Man on Bridge” before he walked off with Patti to the well? —Scott
Ausiello: Damon Lindelof is gonna have to help me with this one. “When it comes to Leftovers, I don’t comment on what we will and won’t answer,” hedges the HBO drama’s co-creator, before adding, “But you might want to pay close attention to the accent the brilliant Bill Camp was using… “

This AAnd That…
It’s great that members of the TV Academy finally acknowledged the existence of The Americans, but that doesn’t even come close to making up for the middle finger voters gave to the The Leftovers, Bates Motel and Penny Dreadful.
Programming note: A fresh installment of Ask Ausiello Live! was recorded earlier today and is now archived on TVLine’s Facebook page!

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Andy Swift and Vlada Gelman)

1. A. D. says:

If they do add Aladdin and Jasmine, then they best bring back Jafar from the spin-off.

2. spindae2 says:

Thx for the scoop Michael. A lot of goodies for me. ^_^

3. onelastemperor says:

♦ My trusty gut is telling me Once Upon a Time might actually/finally be adding Aladdin and Jasmine in Season 6, versus Sinbad and Scheherezade, as we previously speculated.
    If that’s true, Naveen Andrews should return to play Jafar!

4. G says:

Team Jody.

5. Steve says:

In regards to the Leftovers, it had to be an Australian Accent that the man on the bridge had which has to be the reason for Kevin and Co to relocate to Australia for season 3.

6. Tim says:

Middle finger indeed!

7. kmw says:

Thanks for the Bones scoop. In their video preview it almost looks like Zack but I hope its not. While I was never a fan of Zack it would be bad if he was the killer because Brennan really cares about him and this would ruin that completely. I hope it is a deception where Brennan and Booth and everyone else thinks it is him but it is someone else. Looks like a good season finale.

• Nancy says:

Yeah – I’m in this camp. It will look like Zach is guilty and Sweets took the secret to the grave that Zach really didn’t kill anyone, so the team will possibly think Zach could have done it. Anyway, maybe they think they got the bad guy when they collar Zach – but I just don’t buy Zach actually doing it. Although, Zach trying to kill Brennan?? That’s just wrong in my book.

I wonder if the cliffhanger is that after the team thinks all is safe….the killer strikes again? Maybe he kills Max or tires to? Max wouldn’t take anyone kidnapping his daughter lightly!

• kmw says:

Could be but I doubt it. I also don’t believe for a minute that Zack would kill Brennan. I also doubt Brennan will be rescued at end of episode but I am sure looking forward to seeing what they have planned. Creepy and scary for Bones!!!

• suzi says:

Zack has supposedly been in the loony bin all this time, so it would take quite an explanation to explain how he could be responsible, and I agree–I can’t imagine they would believe it anyway. If by some true twist of insanity it does turn out to be him, as has been suggested elsewhere, my disappointment will be epic.

• kmw says:

And that is one of the reasons I don’t think its him. Peterson and Collier seem to respect the history of Bones and they would be pissing off all of the fans who still care for Zack. I guess we will find out soon enough.

• Lurienn says:

hi guys,
      I just have one thing to say, be ready to be disappointed. I wasn’t expecting this kind of end, I’m really heartbreaking, this was most sad and frustrating season finale I’ve ever seen so far.

• Lurienn says:

I love Bones and I will always do, no matter what happens, but after this season finale my heart is totally broken. I just hope that next season has a happier and more satisfactory ending than the previous one, because our characters will have a lot to deal after this sad revelation.

8. Shaun says:

Woo,new characters on The 100 should be good.

9. Amanda says:

I actually like Mindy and Jody together!!!

10. Becky says:

Can we start a petition to cast Wilson Bethel as Ben in the Mindy Project? He would make an awesome love interest. And he looks old enough to have a teen daughter…. If he had her when he was like 20…

11. Frankie707 says:

Thank you for the Bones spoiler. I am anxious to see the season finale, can’t wait to see what this actually means.

12. ceed says:

I keep thing that that the Doctor is still alive on The Last Ship and Tex is with her. Of course after the US found out the good doctor was a target for assassination (not sure why – Mike??) the government would want to keep her safe and hide her away. She is the one who cured the virus after all. Why wouldn’t they say she was dead and remove the target off her back. There’s also the fact that her name is still in the credits…

That said, her falling out with Chandler kind of ruined her character for me. Not really sure why…

But I do miss Tex! My favorite characters always seem to be the stowaways. Right now it’s that Australian marine guy.

• grazelled says:

Hmm good point about Dr. Scott. Have the world think she’s dead maybe even everyone on The Ship but hidden safely somewhere maybe with Tex. I didn’t see her name in the credits, but I wasn’t looking too carefully, and both her her IMBd and The Last Ship pages list Rhona in the cast up to 2015 only. I’d really welcome seeing both her and Tex.

13. S g says:

Throw in some Rob Lowe comedy chops al LA parks and rec on an episode or 4 of casual, please. He can bang Deweys sisters character for a few episodes. Casual. What a great and underrated show.

14. parstl says:

Michael Emerson, Person of Interest
    CalistaFlockhart, Supergirl
    Kerry Washington for Scandal (she was nominated for Confirmation)
    James Spader for Blacklist

Agree that Billions and Damien Lewis were snubbed.

15. Tried to e -mail you about information regarding Jane the Virgin, but my computer had other ideas. Bev

16. I hope your trusty gut is right and Aladdin /Jasmine are coming to Once I would love that.

17. Me says:

Still nothing on Castle? ;)
    (Missing Castle spoilers already)

18. Knowing Once Upon a Time, they are going to turn Aladdin and Jasmine into villains. They already ruined Peter Pan so I suspect they will ruin my favorite Disney movie now.

Unless the Bones twist is that the Puppeteer Killer is actually Zack Addy, I doubt it will be that big of a twist.

• kmw says:

Zack being the killer wont be that big of a twist seeing as how a lot of people already believe its him. If Ausellio thinks the twist is stunning I believe it will be. Zack trying to kill Brennan wouldn’t be a doozy of a way to start their final season it would be a slap to the face of the Bones fans who hated what they did to Zack in the first place. I don’t believe it will be Zack it will be someone that was on Bones but that we have forgotten about.

19. Erin B says:

Well, I guess if they are casting for a new love interest for Mindy, she doesn’t forgive Danny when she finds out about his upcoming wedding, & she doesn’t forgive Jody after his grand gesture. I still think Danny is the end game though, but right now he is pretty unforgivable. For me, it is worse to never introduce her to someone who is going to be a step mother to her son. That’s a big thing to never mention, only made worse by hooking up with her & messing with her emotions. As for Jody, to me, he is forgivable. He should have been honest, after all, she knows he’s a “popular” guy, but at least he didn’t sleep with her, knowing her would infect her too. I just hope she finds time to visit Peter or go on her girl trip that she missed.