Exclusive
Eddie Cibrian Rosewood

Rosewood Update: Eddie Cibrian Tapped to Replace Brian Austin Green

Eddie Cibrian to the rescue!

Fox’s Rosewood has tapped the Third Watch/CSI: Miami to take over the new Season 2 series regular role abruptly vacated by Brian Austin Green, TVLine has learned exclusively.

As we reported, Green left the Fox drama in the middle of shooting his first episode, aka the Season 2 premiere.

Cibrian assumes the role of Aaron Slade, East Miami Police’s enigmatic newest member who will both challenge and complicate an already messy situation between Rosewood  (Morris Chestnut) and Villa (Jaina Lee Ortiz). He doesn’t trust anyone and hates the idea of partnerships and teams – which will keep Rosewood  and Villa on their toes as they go to great lengths to figure him out.

As the team begins to investigate and uncover the real Aaron Slade, the twosome learn of his storied past.

Cibrian is coming off of a recurring gig on Freeform’s Baby Daddy.

Rosewood returns with Season 2 on Thursday, Sept. 22 at 8/7c.

1. Daisy says:

Now that was fast. I would’ve enjoyed JAG but Cibrian will do just fine, I think.

2. Jenny Rarden says:

Ohhh, yes, please!

3. angie425 says:

Don’t see what the attraction is with either of these guys. Neither can act.

4. Kate Garner says:

That’s nothing but win. Him and Morris, oh my.

• ashanean says:

Yup Morris and cibrian delicious eye candy. I never heard of Eddue aviation being problematic on sets.

5. LaurelLondon says:

The series killer. This dude is a bore. I really thought they fixed the show mid season or so when I watched the season on hulu. The need to force feed the handsome white male cop into a show that doesn’t need it will be its downfall. Already saw this happen at FOX with Sleepy Hollow season 1 to 2.

6. Andrew Hass says:

The fact that the show hired Eddie Cibrian so fast probably means there were problems all along with Brian Austin Green.Plus Cibrian was the second choice for the character

7. KLS says:

Rosewood was already placed in a tough time slot, Th @8pm. Opposite Grey’s, football/TBBT, Superstore/Football. Not sure Cibrian will help them any, but it looks like the producers were stuck and had to scramble to re-cast. We’ll see how it works out.

8. Cas says:

Was interested when Brian was in it. Not so much now.

9. Jakay says:

Major improvement over BAG.

10. Pat says:

Cibrian’s much hotter!

11. he’s a pig, show will flop..

12. PatriciaLee says:

Jesse was one of my most favorite characters on CSI-M, so I’m looking forward to this. For me, it will be a family friend coming into the home. Hopefully, he will help keep the show from spinning into a soap nosedive. It was iffy at the end of the season. They need to bring back the light humorous mood, and keep to it.

13. Leanne says:

Great news. that’s an improvement even tho I didn’t mind Brian however Eddie is better

14. ashanean says:

Brian Austin Green would have been fine.
    I wonder why he left. Is he problematic. Eddie Cibrianwill be a fine replacement, plus he’s finer, tha BAG.

15. Gary says:

Eddie is the worst!
    Not saying that Brian is this great actor but he has potential, he was OK in the terminator chronicles. Eddie is a bore and I can’t believe he’s a choice at all. Is there reeeaaally no one else out there?

• Paradise Lost says:

Eddie Cibrian and Morris Chestnut were both in the movie The Best Man Holiday. Perhaps they are friends or because of working together in the past, there was no ‘cold start’ to having Eddie on as a new character.

16. Dean says:

Not the first time he’s played a Miami cop.

17. Brianne says:

I had such a crush on Eddie Cibrian when I was a bit younger, very happy to see him back on tv!

18. lilira78 says:

Eddie and Morris are very good friends. Not only were they in Best Man Holiday together, they also starred in The Cave and Not So Easily Broken together. The latter film was written and produced by Morris. I think he will be a great addition to the show,especially if his character is supposed to be the brooding type. ( Y&R , CSI Miami)

19. Susan says:

I enjoyed this show but won’t watch it anymore. I can’t stand Eddie Cibrian.

• Leanne says:

to bad, your loss. He isn’t even in many scenes,. its still focused on the 2 main characters and his family. love Chestnut. great show and so is Eddie

20. Lillian says:

Yes! Love that hottie Cibrian. WILL watch now!

21. Marilyn says:

If Eddie Cibrian stays on Rosewood, I will stop watching it. He cannot act.

22. Che says:

I do not like Cibrian at all! He reminds me of an aggravating boss that you hate. His character does not mesh well with the other characters. I hope this is a temporary job!

• Leanne says:

much better choice than Brian Austin Green. he is more of a Beverly Hills90210 type. He was terrible on anger managent. Eddie is a upgrade. I worked 46 years before retiring. I Only wish I had a boss like him.

23. B. says:

Get rid of Eddie Cibrian, he acts so phoney. He is ruining the show. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• Leanne says:

i like Cibrian but your right, doesn’t add much. don’t fix whats not broke.. he would have been better cast as a detective but he isn’t in a lot of scene so guess it doesn’t mattter