Fall TV Preview
The Flash Wally West Kid Flash

The Flash First Look: Meet Kid Flash!

Has The Flash‘s timeline tampering resulted in a new Central City speedster?

Wally West will be suiting up as Kid Flash in the CW hit’s Season 3 premiere, and TVLine has your first look at actor Keiynan Lonsdale clad in his hero costume.

As previously reported, the season opener, titled “Flashpoint,” will introduce The CW series’ take on the game-changing DC Comics storyline in which Barry’s decision to save his mother’s life triggers an alternate timeline. In that reality, Barry is no longer the Scarlett Speedster… perhaps opening up the opportunity for Wally West to take on the mantle of superhero in the TV take?

As previously reported, Harry Potter vet Tom Felton is joining the show’s third season in the series-regular role of Julian Dorn, a fellow CSI at the Central City Police Department who suspects there’s more to Barry Allen than just his good guy reputation.The Flash premieres Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 8/7c (now leading into the romantic dramedy No Tomorrow).

Scroll down to check out Kid Flash’s look, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the ensemble.

Flash Wally West Kid Flash
the-flash-kid-flash-full

1. Someone says:

Wally Looks Like A Boss, But when the flash point shows up, the hero of central city is citizen cold and so there are no speedsters. Hopefully we get to see wally suit up and become the flash’s sidekick KID FLASH later on in the season after Barry Allen fixes the universe.

• jph_gsg says:

With Wentworth Miller’s new series regular megadeal, I imagine Citizen Cold will play a big part in the Flashpoint story. Kid Flash as the sidekick makes much more sense.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Grant Gustin has indicated they’re not doing a literal, beat-for-beat version of “Flashpoint.”

• They CAN’T. There’s no Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman. Too much to do and it would be impossible to do that story beat for beat.

What I think they SHOULD do is distinguish. The Flash begins with Reverse Flash traveling back in time and killing Flash’s mom. But why would he do that? He tried to destroy Barry, who was already his enemy, which meant that The Flash was a hero in the timeline where Barry’s mom lived.

If anything, we should see a GOOD timeline, where Barry is a hero, but different.

Why does every timeline change have to make things worse? What if Barry made things better?

• Paul says:

Because in fiction, time travel stories are usually cautionary. If time travel always improved the world, everyone would be doing it. The idea is to shine a spotlight on the flaw of pride, which leads one to believe they are capable of changing what was and making something better, failing to realize that no human mind is powerful enough to encompass all of the many ways that change affects the world.

2. the suit is half reverse flash from show (top) and half flash from show (bottom)… well he looks cool, flashpoint here we come. although, this is a very big spoiler, no more suprise in comicbook shows again

3. Azerty says:

They are following Arrow’s track, Roy got his suit between season 2 and 3 as well. I don’t know if Wally will leave before the end of the season though. Anyway i know it is the color of the suit from the comics but the yellow looks so much like Reverse Flash I don’t understand why he would want to wear such color…

• ToyCannon says:

I am glad they went this direction. The original Kid Flash suit was always my favorite from the Teen Titans.

4. Dick Whitman says:

I like the design but HATE that material, it doesn’t work for a speedster looks stiff af just look at the arm in the running picture. Looks good while standing but not pratical at all. Barry would probably run faster if it wasn’t for that damn material.

That said, will Kid Flash disappear once everything gets back to normal at the end of the episode or…? 👀

• Angus says:

I agree, the suit detracts from the skin tight version in the comics. Surely they can design one to fit properly, just don’t CG one like the Green Lantern movie.

• Dick Whitman says:

Yeah, they should use some material like TASM or the new Spiderman, those look like you can actually run while wearing them.

5. Phil says:

I’ll be watching it – June 1st on Netflix.
    You rock, CW! (snarcasm)

• u will be watching the previous season hope u know that right

• Shaun says:

well,they releasing the season 8 days after the finale.

• Beth Woodrum says:

Well, it’s July now. So, I’m pretty sure that the poster meant June 2017. The second season of The Flash will be up on Netflix shortly before the new seasons starts, or perhaps even sooner due to the new deal. Season 3 will likely end in May 2017.So, I think the poster is correct in saying he’ll see it in June. The new deal between CW and Netflix makes the seasons available 1 week after the finales air. The timeline seems right to me.

6. Gerri says:

Not a fan of there being side kicks for the Flash. I hope it is a temporary thing.

7. Daniel snow says:

Yuck

8. bluesman3535 says:

So … If he’s KID Flash, who is Flash, since we presume its not Barry when the season opens?

9. Television says:

NO NO NO NO NO. Wally is a terrible actor and terrible character. Doesn’t fit with the show at all. He needs to be taken out of the show, he just doesn’t blend well with all of the other characters that bring something to the show.

10. mamalyn says:

Wally sure looks like a more butch Flash than Barry

11. herman1959 says:

The color that people are calling “yellow” looks tan to me; we’ll see. This should be good.

12. bbussey says:

Awesome. And, in the season premere, and, the traditional uniform design to boot. I’m assuming, even though stories elsewhere are saying this is the result of the paradox Barry created by saving Nora, I’m hoping this will be the end result later in the season once the timeline is restored. Looking forward to seeing Jesse Quick in costume as well.

13. Jim says:

Don’t know about that belt buckle thing. The rest looks good enough.

14. Joey Padron says:

Exciting Kid Flash will be new season. Looking forward to see Wally be the hero in new season.

15. Lynn says:

Seriously? Men are commenting on the fashion sense of the Flash and what material it’s made out of? I think some people perhaps take comic books way too seriously, LOL. I’m a woman and I just glanced at it and thought, yeah looks good and moved on, LOL.

16. JJ says:

Why? I didn’t want kidflash. We don’t need more than one speedster hero running around.

17. Luis says:

I recognize the faithfulness of the costuming to the comics, but is that mask a little too revealing?

18. Ram510 says:

This looks like a bad idea. The guy who plays Wally isn’t that great of an actor and so far hasn’t really given a “Wally” vibe. The suit is terrible. However before The Flash premiered I wasn’t sold on Grant as The Flash but (of course) Grant has been excellent and exceeded expectations in the role. So perhaps there’s hope for Wally, we’ll see

19. Season 3 will make or break this show. I applaud the attempt at doing Flashpoint. I hope they pull it off and we get 8 seasons overall, but I am worried.

20. Harsh Wasnik says:

If you all remember the episode when barry goes to earth 2 and he goes to iris’s home, and he calls his mom, there are names written on the telephone which are , Bruce, Hal, Diana. Bruce Wayne – Batman, Hal Jordan – Green Lantern, Diana Prince – Wonder Woman . I Hope Justice League will be coming in season 3

21. That will be great for West to be the kid flash

22. I love the suit, the more Golden-yellow is perfect for real-life in my opinion(compared to Reverse Flash which is an almost lemony-yellow), the Silver New 52 suit would’ve been too harsh for real-life.

23. TvPeong says:

I’m excited for the new season and seeing Wally as Kid Flash!

• Oyin says:

Has anyone not thought of this,is wally not a little too old to be kid-flash.i mean the kid-flash in the comics was actually a kid bt the wally here is a young-adult,he’s no where near a “kid”.Just food for thought.

• Loren Young says:

I thought the same thing. Here is a grown man nearly the same age as Barry going to be his sidekick? The only reason it worked in the movie Batman and Robin is Clooney playing his actual middle age.

24. Elvis says:

cool kid flash costume but I wish his forehead would have been covered like in the animations

25. Loren Young says:

Great attention to detail as per the comic version, comparatively “leaner” mask than Barry’s but so is Jay Garrick’s headgear, which had backstory. Sign me up for the new season.