TVLine Items: Sharon Gless' Rizzoli Gig Confirmed, Maron Finished and More

TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles is turning 100, and one half of TV’s preeminent female crimesolving duo attended the party.

After weeks of speculation, it was confirmed at the Episode 100 Celebration that the two-time Emmy-winning Cagney & Lacey alum will guest-star on the milestone episode of the TNT procedural. While there are no details available on Gless’ character, she appears to be in a prison jumpsuit in photos that circulated on social media. And we do know Jane (Angie Harmon) is set to go undercover at a county jail in the episode titled “2M7258-100.”

The 100th episode will air Monday, July 25 at 9/8c, as part of Rizzoli & Isles’ seventh and final season.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* This Wednesday’s Season 4 finale of IFC’s Maron will in fact be its series finale, it was confirmed on Twitter. Star Marc Maron announced the ending, which was his decision, on his podcast on Monday. “IFC feels incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Marc and to bring his unique vision for a television show to our viewers, and we support his decision to bring the series to a close after this remarkable fourth season,” IFC president Jennifer Caserta said in a statement. “We are enormously proud of Maron and the comedic, poignant and deeply personal ride Marc has taken us on. He is an incredibly authentic talent and we wish him nothing but the best.”

* Jake Hoffman (The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrested Development) will guest-star in Season 4 of Showtime’s Ray Donovan as Jack Raleigh, an Instagram star and big-time Las Vegas gambler.

* WE tv has ordered six episodes of Dr. Miami, a reality series following plastic surgeon Michael Salzhauer, who is known for sharing details from his procedures on social media such as Snapchat.

* BET News has added former MSNBC host Melissa-Harris Perry as a special correspondent. Perry is set to co-anchor coverage of the Democratic and Republican National Conventions as her first assignment.

1. N says:

I Love R & I

2. Annie says:

Gless makes me realize how much I miss Burn Notice!

3. icevolcanos says:

that’s too bad about Maron. It never was gonna race Walking Dead and Game of Thrones for viewership or buzz, but it was entertaining, and well done. I thought he was telling an interesting story this year.

4. Jean says:

Sharon Gless was terrifying on Nip/Tuck (I don’t get scared easily.) I wonder why Ryan Murphy hasn’t asked her to join American Horror Story’s cast.

5. Maron is having a Twit fit. The show was not “canceled”, he says—he chose to end it.

6. Rob Horine says:

I wonder if MHP will bring her tampon earrings to the conventions?

7. Marmee Cruz says:

Yes! Sharon Gless adds much to any TV show.

8. June says:

All the Rizzoli and Isles episodes on this seventh and final season has already been filmed, so, technically, I don’t know how they can say that Sharon Gless MIGHT be on the 100th episode Also, Cagney and Lacey was my favorite show of all-time and now she guest stars on a current favorite show, Rizzoli and Isles. That’s awesomely cool!!!

9. MMD says:

Love Sharon Gless. She is a great addition to any show and I loved her in Cagney & Lacey and Queer as Folk.

10. Lauren says:

Martin’s show is so unique and personal. It is one of those things that almost felt like it was invading his privacy to watch it sometimes. It’s too bad it didn’t get more attention. I hope it lives on and finds a bigger audience in streaming now that it’s over.

11. I KNOW THE SHOW IS IN ITS FINAL SEASON PLEASE LET THE END GRACEFULLY ALL THE ACTORS ARE FANTASTIC THEY DESERVE A GOOD ENDING. PLEASE GIVE MY REGARDS TO ALL FOR A WONDERFUL SHOW.

12. Joel says:

Rizzoli and Isles one of the best shows on TV. Too bad it is ending.I hope for a great ending for each of the main characters.It is amazing how all the best shows get cancelled with so much junk left on TV.

13. Keri Caye says:

I like Sharon Gless’s career. I was a prisoner in the final episode and it was fun. I wish the series wouldn’t end. I was amazed at the fun Angie got out of acting and directing that final episode. She was so excited!

14. PFarley says:

Why are we losing Rizzoli and Isles? Such a great show!

15. HAP says:

Melissa Harris-Perry is a very accomplished academician who was totally screwed by MSNBC. First, they pre-empted her show, which only ran on Saturday and Sunday for bogus primary coverage, but the biggest snub to me was they had her fly out to one of the Midwestern states for primary coverage and left her in her hotel room. Never appeared on the air.

16. Laura C says:

I will really miss Rizzoli & Isles- the whole cast has great chemistry, will miss them all. I wish the other half of C&L was on too (Tyne Daly). I’m sure they will find some vapid, senseless reality show or show that will never measure up to R&I to take its place and be cancelled early.