Fall TV Preview
NCIS Season 14

NCIS Promotes Duane Henry to Regular

NCIS is officially making Officer Reeves a member of the family.

The CBS drama has promoted Duane Henry — who joined the cast last season in the recurring role of MI6 Officer Clayton Reeves — to a full-fledged series regular ahead of Season 14, TVLine has learned.

Henry’s upgrade comes amid word that Sarah Clarke, whose character Tess Monroe also boarded NCIS last season, will not be back. Meanwhile, the rejiggered Season 14 cast will also include Wilmer Valderrama and Jennifer Esposito as new full-time agents. (It apparently takes a village to replace Michael Weatherly!)

A quick refresher on Reeves: The Brit rose above his blue collar roots to become a successful government agent. Offbeat and fun with swagger to spare, he has a professional confidence that’s impossible to disregard. To say Reeves has burned some bridges in the international intelligence community is an understatement, but he owns the choices he’s made and he’s determined to do what’s right.

NCIS kicks off its 14th season on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 8/7c.

1. Mike says:

It is going to be a lot of new desks required! Maybe two teams, the show is flipping itself over on its old format it seems. Should be interesting, who leads who does what.

2. Leia says:

This is great news I really liked him! Gonna have a liaison officer again?

3. Mallory says:

Definitely okay with this news! And definitely glad that Clarke didn’t get picked up. No offense to her, but I didn’t like her character…

• Chloe says:

Agreed! I like him. And as much as I liked Sarah Clarke in 24, I didn’t like her character here.

• Jenks says:

Totally agree. I liked Reeves’ swagger, but I did not warm up to Clarke’s character at all. Looking forward to the new changes, and to Michael Weatherly’s new show.

4. Larc says:

Meh. At least news that Sarah Clarke as Tess Monroe won’t be returning is good.

5. I can’t believe ziva and Tony are gone. They were 2 of my favourite characters, so a little upset about that. But I do like officer or should I say agent Reeves! So I may continue watching ncis. Maybe there might be a plot twist… ziva comes back with Tony and beautiful baby♡♡

6. D says:

too bad, didn’t like him much

7. JenJ says:

Hmmm. Nice.

8. chuckiechk says:

super excited to hear the news that Duane Henry will be returning, I was a bit worried that the character of MI6 Officer Clayton Reeves was dropped when NCIS announced Wilmer Valderrama was joining the cast.

9. Terry says:

“It takes a village to replace Michael Weatherly”. No kidding, they’re going to need a village to hold all the agents. Even that won’t make me watch. The finale was just such an insult to the character of Tony and to the viewers’ intelligence that I can’t go back. I am glad Duane got the promotion to regular though. He was one of the few good things in the final episodes last season. I have no idea what the reasons behind the sudden casting news are but it seems a bit desperate. I hope it works out and that those still watching enjoy the show.

10. Paloma says:

I love that Duane Henry is going to be a series regular. I loved his character. And Wilmer Valderrama. But do we really need three new series regulars? Thought it was finally going to be time for McGee to get more to do and maybe we’d see Abby more often. But that seems like it’s not going to happen if there are three new agents that have to be built into the storyline every week. Still, I will give it a chance.

Will miss Michael Weatherly and I’m still not happy with his final episode, but I will let it go when the new season starts.

11. cuius says:

Seems a lot of additions – possible preparation for more departures?

• Oscar the Oddity says:

I was thinking the same thing. Someone else mentioned they might try two teams, but I’m not sure how that would work. It could be interesting but Abby seems busy enough as it is. I doubt she could do what she does for two teams.

• Ro Fischer says:

Probably reaction to continuing fallout from Weatherly’s departure (and indirectly Ziva)
      Appears they’re following the s**t on the wall theory, keep throwing it at the wall to see what sticks.

• Marc says:

It’s like a sports team: you can replace a high-priced player with several who have lower salaries and find new ways to win. As long as the actors are competent, the burden falls on the writers and directors to make the show work.

12. Diane says:

Welcome Duane! So glad Jennifer Esposito is joining the crew. She’s great! I almost stopped watching Blue Bloods after they dropped her.

13. albean99 says:

I’m happy because he’s the one I was hoping for from last season. I didn’t care for Sarah Clark’s character so glad she won’t be there.

• Marc says:

I liked her character, but it didn’t seem to be a good fit as a regular. She seemed too senior to work under Gibbs–as did Tony for the past five years, as does Jennifer Esposito, though we need to see her character–and there is no need for another FBI recurring agent unless they mercifully allow Fornell to put in his papers–Joe Spano recently turned 70.

14. I missed a lot of this guys dialogue last year…you could cut his accent with a knife. I hope they tone it down a bit. .

• Daya says:

I’m guessing you don’t realize he’s from Birmingham? I honestly don’t think he was “piling on extra accent” like Dominic West and Idris Elba in Finding Dory.

Just as long as they don’t try to have another English actor doing an American accent. That season six disaster with Jaime Murray was nightmare enough!

• Marc says:

I found him a lot easier to understand than some of the characters on Justified a couple of years ago. Or just about everyone on Broadchurch or Brenda Blethyn’s cop show Vera.

15. Kathy Blakely says:

I don’t think that Jennifer Esposito or Wilmer Valderrama will have a chance at replacing Michael Weatherly. What kind of sappy choices are they? The viewership and reviews are about to go downhill.

• tomus225 says:

I don’t think they are INTENDED to replace MW, just new people and a different story to tell. Tony was a little long on the tooth to keep working ON a team. He should have had his own team and a new NCIS show IF he wanted that.

16. Pat says:

This is good news. I liked his character when he was introduced to us at the end of last season. Sarah Clarke, I was not thrilled with because I thought her character was flat. So this will be a very interesting season, coming up.

17. nothopefulhere says:

Reeves was okay, liked him. However, adding 2 more, no. Mucking up the water, too many characters now. Not having good feelings about this.

• 'A' says:

But this definitely allows the older cast mates to tone down their hours of work (still get paid the same, though). They surely would love to have more breaks. With 10 regulars (3 of which are new), they can give the veteran NCIS cast lesser scenes. They’re all getting older btw so this could definitely work.

18. MMD says:

Well he’ll certainly change the dynamic of the team. I’m looking forward to see what the show has in store for us.

19. carlton says:

Why isnt power starring 50cent not on uk channels.i got to watch it online.I see i can buy his effen vodka but cant watch his great programme.im looking forward to the next season and i want more people to no about it.

20. Sherrell Payne says:

Absolutely fantastic to see Duane Henry’s the new character Mr Clayton Reeves join the cast of the most FANTASTIC SERIES ON EARTH….WELCOME WE WISH YOU ALL THE BEST XX

21. MissE says:

“It apparently takes a village to replace Michael Weatherly!” – Dear Mr Ausiello, this was an unnecessary comment made. I suppose it was meant to be funny, but haters are already using it to spread more hate (Tony fans now in addition to Ziva fans). This fandom needs to be treated sensibly – with facts only. As is expected by the readers of *this* site. THANK YOU!

22. kbm says:

glad Duane got picked up, I like him

23. chuckfanforever says:

This show is X’d off my list….how the Mighty have aged and not in a good way. CBS needs a revamp in the worst way. This use to be one of my favorite networks and go to station for TV now if it were not for NFL and Friday Shows I’d never tune to the station….

24. Judy Gardner says:

Duane Henry is awesome. great actor and incredibly sexy

25. Pam says:

Is Duane Henry Married

26. DONNA CLARK says:

I do not like Torres[ Wilmer], he is arrogant on the show and just don’t like his attitude on the show. Get a new one or let Henry take over, he is good for show.thanks for listening ,, Donna Clark