Exclusive
Sleepy Hollow Season 4 Cast

Sleepy Hollow: 2 More Series Regulars Exit as Show Shifts Setting to D.C.

Sleepy Hollow‘s Season 4 revamp is looking more like a wholesale overhaul, one that extends well beyond the arrival of a new female lead.

Lance Gross and Jessica Camacho — who played FBI boss Daniel Reynolds and agent Sophie Foster, respectively — will not be returning as series regulars, TVLine has learned exclusively. Camacho is expected to make a guest appearance or two, while Gross will not be back at all. They join the previously departed Nicole Beharie (Abbie), Zach Appelman (Joe), Nikki Reed (Betsy) and Shannyn Sossamon (Pandora).

Gross and Camacho’s departures dovetail with the series’ decision to shift its setting from Sleepy Hollow, N.Y. to Washington, D.C., where Tom Mison’s Crane will find himself working alongside a new rag-tag crew, including the previously reported Anna, endearingly eager research analyst Seth and a female MacGyver by the name of Rosa. Casting is also underway for a new male Big Bad.

All told, Sleepy Hollow is adding five new series regulars, including Anna’s 11-year-old daughter Stella.

Despite the new D.C. setting, Sleepy will continue to be shot in Atlanta, sources confirm. Meanwhile, production on the show’s 13-episode fourth season is slated to commence in early August ahead of an expected early 2017 premiere.

1. But the show is about Sleepy Hollow… Why exactly do they think changing the setting and adding all these regulars is a good idea? Who is going to watch next season when it’s already shaping up to be a mess?

2. Alice says:

Just put this thing out of its misery. Why even call it Sleepy Hollow. Now a show that flashes back to the American revolution is set in a city that wasn’t even built at the time of the war.

3. Spence says:

Wow… Yikes for the fans of this show. Such a drastic reboot doesn’t bode well…

4. A. D. says:

Sleepy Hollow but not in Sleepy Hollow…this is just becoming really stupid.

• Alice says:

In which we follow the Two Witnesses, whose individual identities are so important we kept a man buried alive for 200 years and have the other a childhood of demon relates trauma to show how important and destined they were…Until suddenly the identity of the witness is totes unimportant, their deaths don’t actually matter because another one will just be called. Like Slayers.

5. jp says:

Off my dvr list now. They have effectively cancelled the original show. Cut it and let these actors pursue other jobs.

6. Andrew says:

They should’ve just cancelled the show during production of season 3 and ended it with Abbie alive and the team looking toward the future like they did with season 2. I already bailed when Abbie died and I suspect this will drive away a good chunk of whoever didn’t.

TBH, if they wanted to create a new pseudo-X Files show they should’ve just made an entirely new show and cast Tom Mison as lead instead of stripping Sleepy Hollow for parts and churning out what will almost certainly be its last season.

• ohsnap says:

Even Tom Mison thought this show was done after Nicole left (or should I say, was ‘pushed out’).

7. Jared says:

Fox renewing this train wreck was more about money and syndication than quality and story telling. It’ll be done after the season anyway.

8. KayCeeCee says:

Makes sense to get rid of them as they were linked to Abbie through the FBI.

9. whoa says:

Wow. This is crazy stupid.

10. Kim (@AD76) says:

So you take a show, named after SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK and move it to Washington DC? What, you couldn’t name it X-Files, Part 2? Whose moronic idea was this? I’m not even sure I want to watch anymore. New setting, most of the cast is gone, last season kind of sucked….I’m not even sure I want to watch the next season at this point.

11. kmw says:

Wow now they are changing the setting. All of these changes aren’t going to make the show better. The show is called Sleepy Hollow after all. What is Ichabod going to take over for Brennan on Bones when that show departs? Seriously though this show is losing what little of what’s left of what made it special at the beginning. If I were anybody wanting to get a show on the air I would run away from FOX as fast as I can they ruin (or try to ruin)every show on their schedule

• dragons3 says:

I was wondering the same thing about Bones!! I was willing to give an Abbyless SH a try, but after this news, I think I’m going to bail soon. Tom Mison is worth watching, but not in this mess.

• kmw says:

All i have to say as a Bones fan they better not give an episode of their little 12 episode last season to this mess. Why are they still calling it Sleepy Hollow if they aren’t even there? FOX would have been better off giving an actual new drama a try instead of this overhaul which will not work. It is one thing if you have to replace a lead( which Sleepy did have to) its another thing to almost completely revamp the show. i expect Ichabod to start wearing business suits to look like he fits with the Washington D.C. scene. What a mess.

12. JL says:

They really, REALLY want to make sure it’ll get cancelled ASAP, don’t they? Unbelievable!

13. Winston Smith says:

What is happening with Lyndie Greenwood as Abbie’s Sister Jenny Mills? I don’t see in thsi story the fate of her character in the overall story line or whether Ms Greenwood is being let go in the Purge.

• KLS says:

I hope she leaves. She’s the best thing left on/of that show. The fans wanted it renewed… Now look what it’s become!

14. Vince says:

Why call it Sleepy Hollow?

15. Bill Plusters says:

…are they changing the name of the show?

16. Ian says:

I can’t stop laughing!

17. I thought the show filmed in Wilmington. When did they switch to Atlanta ?

18. Mary says:

So stupid I can’t stand it, Sleepyhollow in Washington DC?! somebody at the show has no brain! so I’m out!

19. Znachki says:

Never did care for either character particularly. I’ll keep watching, if only to see what they have in mind for the new season.

20. Sam says:

Set Tom Mison free from this disaster.

21. Petar says:

Nothing surprising here. In a way this is good news. at least Jenny will be in the team.

22. Luis says:

Are they going to re-name the show National Treasure?

23. Now I’m kind of glad I gave up on this show last season.

24. Amanda says:

So in a nutshell, they got rid of everyone of color on the show….just say it already, we’re used to it!

25. Brian Bauer says:

Having Sleepy Hollow not be in Sleepy Hollow is as ridiculous as the film The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia.

26. Nikko says:

So basically it’s Season 1 of a spinoff.

• Gerald says:

That is a good way of looking at it. I’ll give it a chance like I do with any new show. I like Crane and Jenny both, so I hope to see this spin off do well.

27. KLS says:

I think they hired the nut jobs from Castle to come up with this one!

28. so what really happen here is that cancelled their own show and is creating this new show for Tom Mison he has a seven year contract with fox and he is very talented and Dana Walden who is one of the top Fox executives seemed a bit smitten with him in some interviews that she have given about him so I am sure that they want to hold on to him as long as they can they are keeping the sleepy hollow title so that the fans of the original show will come back to check it out. this show has officially JUMPED THE SHARK .

29. Josh says:

No Abbie, no Sleepy Hollow, is this a joke?

• JenJ says:

Does anybody really care anymore about this show? Without Crane, and ABBY together, there is no interest in this series for me.

30. Simon Jester says:

Wow, this is going to crash and burn.

31. Chaosrainz says:

Consider it DOA. Whenever a network does a major overhaul on a show in trying to save it from low ratings, they end up with even lower ratings because they’ve turned it into an entirely new show and lose the fan base they did have.
    I’ll watch next season out of loyalty but all the while knowing this is the end. I hope they wrap it up accordingly.

32. Matthew B Lawler says:

OK so the show is Sleepyhollow but it’s not going to be set in Washington DC officially not watching next season the announcement of the new lead female character earlier had me seriously doubting now this news has me totally decided not to waste my time at this point I guess I should just change the name of the show to Ichabod or crane since apparently that is the only thing left from the original Sleepyhollow in this new version is the character of Ichabod Crane

33. Irish says:

So this is like the upcoming season of “Quantico” having its main character in the CIA. Yeah, we have some real geniuses out there.

34. Troy says:

Normally I’m a sucker for sticking with certain TV shows even if they become a mess but I can’t with this. I will not be watching Season 4. They should have just ended it justly with Abby’s death and left it at that. Why even call it Sleepy Hollow yet set it in DC? Ridiculous. And no Nikki Reed? I loved her as Betsy.

35. redthang914 says:

If they are changing so much of the lore of Sleepy Hollow and relocating to DC, can it be possible to get Crane out of his outdated clothing into some jeans etc.?? Its’ been bugging me since season 2 that hes’ still in that 1776 getup. His clothes surely must be getting rag tag in all the time that has passed. If you are updating the show, you also must update Mr. Misons’ wardrobe too!!!

36. Nicole says:

I will still give it chance but this new season isn’t starting off at a good point. They kill Annie… That sucks but ok… Now move out of Sleepy Hollow? I love this show and I don’t want to give it up. I will wait until the premier before I decide.

37. rinaex says:

LOL, I would be completely unsurprised if the entire third season wasn’t scrapped. Well, if it makes it, I’ll still give it a chance, though I’m unenthused about the prospect of adding a 13-year old who will no doubt be very annoying and in danger every other episode.

38. Mary Kelly says:

Well another great show sounds like it is going down the drain..SLEEPY HOLLOW…do not want to see Crane in modern attire. The hit was with demons etc., not in Washington! So much for what WAS a great show! Too bad, really enjoyed Sleepy Hollow.

39. Denise Ryder says:

I loved the dynamics between Ichabod and Abbie so I wondered if I would be following after she left the show. With the coming changes it is not the show I enjoyed so I will not be watching any more. I will stick with the original reruns on RabbitTV.

40. Azu says:

Wow! I’m curious about how this show will turn out. Sounds interesting

41. Bill says:

When will Nicholas Cage, Rob Lowe and Scott Wolf be joining the cast as series regulars? This “retooling” is beyond stupid.

42. Mary Kelly says:

When you land somewhere else, Tom Mison, I will watch…get out of this doomed show now..Lyndie Greenwood, same goes for you, aka Jenny Mills…both are great..they killed off Abbie..now headed to Washington…by Sleepy Hollow…was great while you lasted…now, no thanks.

43. westwingpotus says:

Are they changing the name to “Washington DC” too? Man, I love Tom Mison, but this has now entered the realm of complete parody…..

44. dkleener says:

This probably means no Headless Horseman as well.

45. Pamela says:

This show has turned into a disaster! A part of me hopes this is a bad joke and Nicole beharie and sleepy hollow are there the season premiere.

46. Evan says:

Set in DC? Just have Crane join the cast of Bones for their final season.

47. Only 13 episodes? And Sleepy Hollow will no longer be set in Sleepy Hollow? This is the last season,I’d be surprised if it made it to a fifth one,it’s hard to believe what a great show it was on season 1,wow.

48. David4 says:

I just got world that the Twin Peaks revival will take place in L.A.

Oh no it’s not because that would be stupid.

49. TJ says:

Love Tom and Lindie. Hope the writers play off of their chemistry. It almost sounds like there could be a National Treasure vibe with paranormal.