Chicago Justice Nazneen Contractor Leaving

Chicago Justice: Nazneen Contractor Exits Spinoff, Joins New CBS Drama

Chicago Justice will be served by a slightly different team of lawyers when the NBC drama premieres midseason.

Nazneen Contractor, who played ASA Dawn Patel in the backdoor pilot of the Chicago P.D. spinoff, has exited the series, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Contractor won’t be without work for long, though. The actress has joined the upcoming CBS drama Ransom, from executive producer Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files).

The Windy City-set franchise has experienced its fair share of cast changes. The Walking Dead alumna Laurie Holden appeared in backdoor pilot for Chicago Med, but then left the offshoot last July for “family reasons.” Additionally, Scott Eastwood, Tania Raymonde, Kelly Blatz and Melissa Sagemiller were originally slated to star in P.D.

The Justice ensemble features Philip Winchester (The Player), Carl Weathers (Rocky), Joelle Carter (Justified) and newcomer Ryan-James Hatanaka.

1. Bwhit says:

I would have been more shocked if everyone from the backdoor pilot actually made it to the first episode. They usually find someone who I really like, I mean I can’t imagine PD without Sophia Bush.

2. Shaun says:

Argh,she’s a good actress,bummer that she ditched it.

3. Wordsmith says:

She’s a great actress, but they didn’t really establish her character at all in the pilot, so I don’t think her departure will impact the show.

4. Jarrod Mitchell says:

I felt the Chicago Justice was a bit cold and needed a bit more light in to be honest. Half the characters seemed a bit wooden. I’m hoping for someone with a bit more charisma and emotional depth. Any word on whether there will be a few more characters added? Especially that of an ethnic background?

5. Ray says:

Great. Get rid of the Indian chick. :\

6. Jim says:

Big fan of hers ever since 24 when she stole the screen spotlight way more than she was supposed to in what was intended to be a minor role. Bummed she’s departing this show, but the rest of the cast is still excellent. I’ll be giving it a tryout.

7. jimmyu says:

Once upon a time, I believe that Dylan Baker was supposed to be a lead on Chicago Med as he guest starred on a couple of episodes of Chicago Fire as a doctor from Chicago Med.

8. Sarah says:

I’m happy with that. I feel like Carl Weathers and Philip Winchester were the only cast members that fit. I would like for the other characters to be recast, I didn’t see any chemistry as an ensemble cast

9. Angie says:

I’ve seen Jon Seda in many series. I’m glad it’s to another NYC show. I live Chicago PD, Chicago Fire & Chicago Med. Chicago Justice should be another great show.