Animal Kingdom Renewed

TNT's Animal Kingdom, TBS' Wrecked and Angie Tribeca Get Renewed

The Cody clan is set to make a lot more mayhem, now that TNT has renewed the Ellen Barkin-fronted Animal Kingdom for Season 2.

Sister cabler TBS, meanwhile, has picked up the comedies Wrecked and Angie Tribeca for Seasons 2 and 3, respectively.

Airing Tuesdays at 9/8c, Animal Kingdom debuted to 1.2 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating in Live+Same Day ratings, and with its latest episode saw an 18 percent bump. The network notes the series draws an audience that is evenly gender-balanced and boasts the youngest profile of any current TNT drama.

Animal Kingdom has signaled the new tone for TNT dramas and is moving the network in the direction we hoped it would,” original programming EVP Sarah Aubrey said in a statement. “I’m confident that our strategy of working with high-caliber talent and then getting out of their way will continue to pay off.”

Speaking to TBS’ pair of pick-ups, original programming EVP Brett Weitz said, “A year ago we began reinventing TBS, and thanks to the incredible talent behind these shows, we’ve come a long way in a very short amount of time. Pulling the trigger on renewals early allows us to build on our success by giving fans new seasons more quickly.”

1. Tim says:

Love Animal Kingdom!

• Rook says:

Same. For anyone interested the first episode is hard to get through, the show has only gotten better. The only part I don’t like is Jay’s girlfriend, she needs to go.

• Joey Levin says:

I agree…found it “spotty” at times but as the writing improved I became more and more hooked..Always loved the cast..Adore Ellen Barkin..love Shawn Hatosy..and the whole crew..acting was really good..very appealing, attractive cast..happy the story started to gel..

2. A. D. says:

3 Crap shows renewed…ugh

3. HAP says:

Wrecked is a stupid show. I only catch it on-demand when there is absolutely nothing else to watch.

4. Amanda says:

As a LOST fan I’m loving “Wrecked” but not sure how it appeals to those that were LOST fans. But happy to see it renewed. I actually was waiting to check out “Animal Kingdom” since I loved the original Australian film and that it got renewed instead of canceled. Now I can check it out without worrying.

5. Ded says:

Yay for all three!

6. Kevin K says:

Waiting on the news about the fate of The Last Ship.

7. Lala says:

Wrecked is a mess of a show but I still watch it…it’s got its moments!

8. Beth says:

Love Angie Tribeca!

9. Leddea Ryall says:

We enjoy each of ur programme in kenya.lol

10. Boiler says:

Yea lets keep the shows where the audience is 25% of its most watched show R&I and cancel R&I. This network looks to be done. Even social media ignores Animal Kingdom. TNT used to know drama, now they are just idiots. Poor Major Crimes fans are probably next to get dumped on.

• Jen says:

lol what? R&I demo skews super old. That’s why it’s getting cancelled. Numbers of viewers don’t matter to advertisers demo does.

• Boiler says:

When demos this low who gives a crap. Plus R&I demo same. If there any advertisers with brains they would run from this network quickly. The viewership for the new shows they put out stinks!! Why advertise on a network with no one watching

• Who’s got money to spend on products? older audience or millenials who mostly live at home, and buy iPhones or spend $ on Uber?

• Chaos theory says:

You do realize no show can go on forever. R&i had 7 seasons which is a good run. You ever think maybe the actors are done and want to you know move on to other things?

• kw says:

Assuming “R&I” is “Rizzoli and Isles”? Never watched it, and don’t know anyone who does…….

11. Anton says:

Animal Kingdom is my new favorite show!

12. rene says:

I love this show definitely my favorite Ellen Barkin is amazing and these guys are crazy hot it has definitely drawn me in and gotten me hooked thank you TNT

13. Stevie says:

Animal kingdom is the best show on right now. Point blank. Always keeps me and everyone watching around me on the edge of our seats. We love to sit and debate about what we think is gonna happen after a new episode. The season finale had me on edge when they put them in cuffs!!!! I love the show. Can’t wait til season 2

14. SHONDA LAUREL says:

Can’t believe they renewed Wrecked. I watched the premiere and it was stupid and the jokes weren’t funny. I had planned to watch it anyway to support James Scott but when he was killed in the first few minutes of the premiere, I was off the hook for watching.

15. when does second season of animal kingdom begin here its advertised Tuesdays at 9 pm. on channel tnt waited for the show didnt show anybody out there know if its on yet

16. Bill Bob says:

AK is awesome, love it caught the series ona airline , went back and watched the rest

17. Do we have a release date for season 2 Animal Kingdom???? I’m dying to know so I can either put it in my calendar. Or if it’s just a few days away I can go ahead and put it in my DVR. 😘

18. Clyde Mace says:

Still don’t say when animal kingdom will return