Quantico: Blair Underwood Joins Season 2 Cast as Series Regular

Quantico is adding some explosive material to its upcoming second season, casting TV vet Blair Underwood in a series-regular role.

The actor — who previously toiled at ABC on Dirty Sexy Money and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — will play the “charming and direct” Owen Hall, the intelligent and inspirational CIA officer every fledgling operative wishes he or she could learn from. But is he running them, or using them for something else?! (Our guess: It’s probably a little of both!)

“Blair is the kind of actor you dream of writing for,” enthused series creator and executive producer Joshua Safran in a statement. “Be it romantic comedy, dark drama, or high-octane thriller — there is nothing he can’t do. We look forward to creating a role that will showcase his huge range and boundless charisma.”

Underwood’s most recently appeared in the final season of The Good Wife. He also had a starring role in ABC’s ill-fated, Reese Witherspoon-produced divorce law drama pilot Broken.

This is Quantico‘s second major Season 2 hire, following last month’s casting of Russell Tovey as a cross between Thomas Crown and a grown-up Arftul Dodger.

Quantico‘s second season is set to premiere on Sunday, Sept. 25 at 10/9c.

1. Kelly says:

Still undecided if I will come back for season 2 — the main reason I stuck with it for all of season 1 was that I could catch it at 7pm with time-shifting:)

2. Leanne says:

I like Blair Underwood and might give it a shot but I got bored last year. They took what could have been a good plot, training new recruits but it went of the radar. I might give it a 2-3 episodes to see where it goes. They had a good cast, maybe need new writers. It was last on my recording list

3. Lola says:

Is Alex going to bang him? Because let’s be honest. This girl gets around.

4. Tracy288 says:

Still haven’t decided if I’m coming back. The show got to be too “Nancy Drewish” and with the flashbacks and present day scenes was just too confusing.

5. Kevin K says:

The casting of Blair Underwood is worth a shot in the upcoming season of Quantico.

6. Jane says:

Well it is good that they will finally have one good actor on the show but I won’t be coming back to it. I quit half-way through and never read anything to make me want to start watching it again.

7. KLS says:

They are lucky to get him.

8. Lyn says:

Isn’t Blair kind of a show killer like Jerry O’Connell?

9. Ann says:

Okay. Blair Underwood just saved Quantico for me. I had no inclination to return and watch Quantico after that terrible, meandering first season, but I’ll give it a second try knowing Blair Underwood will be on it!

10. Bigdede says:

Alex face was plastered all over tv yet I’m supposed to believe she’s going to work for the CIA?