The Voice Olympics Special

Olympics: Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys Make Voice Debut After Closing Ceremony

The athletes won’t be the only ones competing amidst NBC’s coverage of the Rio Olympics.

NBC will air a special half-hour episode of The Voice on Sunday, Aug. 21 at 10:30/9:30c, following the closing ceremony. The episode, which will consist entirely of blind auditions, will also mark the debut of new coaches Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys.

As we previously reported, NBC will also air a new, Olympics-themed episode of Superstore on Friday, Aug. 19 at 10:30 pm.

“The Olympics give us a unique chance to expose some of our strongest shows to millions of viewers who might not otherwise see them,” said NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt in a statement. “So we wanted to showcase our great new comedy hit Superstore with a special Olympics-related storyline, as well as blow the doors open on this fall’s blind auditions of The Voice featuring Alicia Keys and Miley Cyrus – our two new coaches – alongside Blake and Adam. Much appreciation to Mark Lazarus and our sports division who bring us the gift of the Olympics every two years.”

Will you tune in to the Olympics? SuperstoreThe VoiceDrop a comment below and give us a peek into your DVR.

1. Kevin K says:

I’m on Team Alicia over Team Miley. No complaining

2. david7118 says:

If only The Voice would promote their winners as much as they do their coaches.

3. Kelly H. says:

if only Miley would get bit by a mosquito while in Rio

4. Brent says:

Superstore! That’s what I’m excited about!

5. Michael Littlefield says:

So we get one blind audition episode and then have to wait another month for the rest of it? Really? :(

6. Helene says:

Miley and Alicia are both good singers. But, Miley is extremely talented!

7. linda says:

I will be watching the voice I love miley Cyrus, and she’s gonna do great

8. loco73 says:

I love Alicia Keys, I remember seeing her in concert back in 2002 when she had just started her career. I have no issues or problems with Miley Cyrus, as I am becoming and older fart, I guess I don’t fall or necessarily into the demographic of her fans but the girl has talent…but anyways, two beautiful ladies, I wish them all the best..

9. NotLikely says:

Gave up on the voice. They don’t promote either their winners or runners-up. They don’t care about the artists, why should I waste my time? The producers only put effort into promoting the coaches, and it would be possible to overstate how little it matters that they’ve drug in Cyrus or Keys, they’re just a sad attempt to put lipstick on this pig.