Nancy Grace Leaving HLN

Nancy Grace to Exit HLN After 11 Years

Former prosecutor turned broadcaster/victims’ rights champion Nancy Grace is exiting HLN, where she has hosted her eponymous current affairs program since February 2005.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Grace broke the news to her staff on Thursday morning, and will end her run when her contract expires in October.

“Nancy has worked tirelessly on behalf of the missing and exploited for more than a decade on HLN,” CNN EVP Ken Jautz told THR. “During her remarkable career at HLN, she led the coverage of two of this century’s most talked about and infamous trials, Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias. We will always be champions of Nancy’s mission and are excited to see what’s next for her.”

Grace did not immediately make clear her reasons for leaving, or what exactly she will do next. Prior to her run on HLN (fka Headline News), she hosted Court TV’s Closing Arguments.

A new program that “utilize[s] the expertise of the current team” will replace Nancy Grace in the 8/7 time slot, starting Monday, Oct. 17.

1. George Lewis says:

Nancy Grace, over the hill blow hard. Exit faster so the door doesn’t hit your oversized behind. May you retire in good health (maybe join your mentor Larry King on infomercials).

• TheNOLArtist says:

George, how dare you be so rude to Nancy Grace! You’re nothing more than an ugly old cowardly bully.
      Are you always such a nimrod!?
      What about the size of that thing you call a mouth?
      Or you’re back side?
      Now shove each of your feet down the former & up the latter.
      Careful with swinging doors, may break that beak of yours. If that happens, your jaw may be broken. Should that happen, you should remember God doesn’t like ugly, pretty doesn’t go far either.
      Nancy has done more good in 11 years than you could do for another in a lifetime, obviously.
      You must be one of the defendants she put away or a defense attorney who lost a case in Atlanta, where she was a prosecutor for 10 years.
      You sure act like it.
      My money is on Nancy, bet she’d whip you

• Cathy murphyi says:

Nancy is the voice of abused children and other victims of crime. I will miss her coverage , she is an excellent reporter and very passionate about hat job, she truly cares. Perhaps that is why she interrupts guests and cuts them off because as s prosecutor Nancy knows the law and accepts no BS I

• vatechhokie says:

Hey TheNOLArtist, for some one who is admonishing someone for being rude, you seem to be doing quite a good job of being rude yourself. Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

2. Bwhit says:

But who will ‘unleash the lawyers’ now?

3. Annette Collins says:

That show will not be the same no matter who replaces her point blank

4. J.Norman says:

They will actually have to hire 3 people to replace her.

Seeing that she served as prosecutor, jury, and judge on cases she chose to cover (for months on end)

She probably has to retire for heath reasons before she expired by frothing at the mouth on air.

• maregolden says:

She really does not agree with “innocent until proven guilty.” I will be glad those creepy commercials with her just staring at the camera will be gone.

• Annette Collins says:

Come on now is everyone innocent who commits a crime? No to many people found innocent judged by 12. Love you Nancy you are a STRONG,POWERFUL women and most men are intimated by a woman of power.

• She'll be missed... says:

Thank you, Annette! I totally agree with you. Men are intimidated by her, and many women are afraid to tell the men in their lives that they appreciate her boldness. I will add this — Contrary to popular belief, it appears that many women still live as though it’s 1956, and they believe that they have no right to think for themselves. She’s had many female viewers who’ve never discussed her show with the men in their lives. I know because many, many of my coworkers discuss her at work — but, not at home.

• geri says:

She’ll be missed like a severe case of hemoroids. Sheeeesh.

• Malinda in Louisiana says:

@She’ll be missed said:
            “Men are intimidated by her, and many women are afraid to tell the men in their lives that they appreciate her boldness. I will add this — Contrary to popular belief, it appears that many women still live as though it’s 1956, and they believe that they have no right to think for themselves. She’s had many female viewers who’ve never discussed her show with the men in their lives. I know because many, many of my coworkers discuss her at work — but, not at home. She’ll be missed. Hope that her next project is equally as informative, and educating, as her current program.”
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            Your words, so true!
            I had to tell old George Lewis off. I’m a college student working on my forensic psychology degree –
            thanks to Nancy Grace!! Fascinating & educational, caught my attention & inspired me!

Nancy is an awesome, very strong & powerful woman.

She will be missed, especially by me!

All the best to you & yours Nancy Grace!!

• maregolden says:

Remember “The Runaway Bride?” She had that poor fiance tried and convicted of murdering her, even though he was completely innocent. I wonder if she ever apologized to him for completely smearing his good name.

• Annette Collins says:

Just because someone is found innocent doesn’t mean they are innocent. OJ SIMPSON murdered his wife and friend even admitted it to a friend of his

• maregolden says:

From an article about Nancy Grace: Commentators repeatedly have documented Grace’s prevarications, and her belligerent refusals to own up to the truth. As one of the most prominent celebrities on cable TV, Grace doesn’t worry about her falsehoods. She has such a rabid following that her factual distortions either are ignored, or applauded. But her reckless and inflammatory comments about the criminal justice system are dangerous.To the extent she slimes defendants, their lawyers, and the legal processes that protect the rights of persons accused of crimes, Grace is able to distort and manipulate what people think about the legal system and, as a consequence, erode the public’s confidence in a system that although not perfect, attempts in good faith to adjudicate guilt fairly and impartially. So, according to Grace, once a person is charged with a crime, guilt should be assumed, and if a jury decides that the person is not guilty, then the verdict is likely a result of either “slick lawyers” or jury misconduct. To Grace, the presumption of innocence is a travesty. To Grace, the requirement that a defendant be proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt is a sham.

• Annette Collins says:

Defendants are SLIMES, child molesters, rapist, serial killers, you name it. Being on NG for over a decade says how much she is bringing in ratings. Even people who dispose her still watch the show

• TheNOLArtist says:

Juries don’t always get it right. Remember Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman??
          To name just two that are guilty, but walked away.
          What about the innocent people who have been convicted?
          I’m sure there’s just as many who are innocent, who are convicted wrongly and some who are guilty, are allowed to walk unencumbered from the courtroom.
          Not everyone who is charged with a crime, committed the crime, just as some who are guilty, are not held accountable and are released due to lack of evidence, etc.
          Some juries do not always get it right.
          Unfortunately, that’s how it is. Just do a Google search on innocent people wrongly convicted.
          There’s too many, I can’t imagine how many aren’t released, yet wrongly convicted.
          Then there’s the guilty, who didn’t get charged, are still walking the streets.
          There’s so much more wrong with this country, much more than being in debt to China, than people are willing to admit.
          Justice in courtrooms across is not 100% correct.

• geri says:

Hey Nolo, they got George Zimmerman RIGHT!! That thug st. Skittles is right where he belongs, so stfu. And good riddance to nana disgrace. Except for desperate hangers on like you, everyone is hoping the door hits her in her big fat a$$$$ on the way out of the door.

• Annette Collins says:

What a thug you sound like… Your English sounds illiterate to “if you know what that means”

• Maryann says:

You will be missed. How stupid the are to let you go.

• dandmb50 says:

That’s HER problem, and always will be. I watched her because i didn’t wanna miss her being so obnoxious

5. keniri says:

Thank the good lord that loud mouthed behemoth is leaving. May she never grace my television set again.

6. David4 says:

I was just watching Boston Legal last night and without this loud mouth whack job we would have never have had Gracey Nance. (I think that was her name on BL)

7. Joe says:

She was annoying as hell,I used to turn the station every time she was on Good morning America,

8. iHeart says:

good riddence, but then again HLN hasn’t really been watchable ever since they brought in a Prime Time lineup 11 years ago

• geri says:

She hasn’t been watchable since she went whole hog on getting the vote out for obammy in 2012. That’s when I stopped watching her. She’s a bought and paid for lefty schill whack job tool.

9. dave mulroy says:

But where else can I find such an irritating, sneering, shrill voice like hers?

10. louise lewis says:

I really do love the Nancy Grace show! I hope that she ignores all of the NEGATIVE COMMENTS.
    She’s a extremely strong & Powerful woman that stood up for human rights May God forever continue to BLESS HER!!! Most men are jealous of her success! Again, she’s going to be truly missed!

Lue

• geri says:

Geeeez, you’ve been drinking way too much kool aid. Gimme a break, man! Nobody’s jealous of this helmet head, trust me. You sound like a stepford wife. Ugh.

11. Ehhhhhh says:

Her interview of Elizabeth Smart made me lose any and all potential for respect for this horrible, opportunistic witch.

12. Beth says:

i will be sad to see her go. i think she is fearlessly honest and direct. i really like how she presents things with her “no fear” attitude. She can also not be easily swayed by the defense lawyers and never fails to let them know it. I have enjoyed her show and am sorry to see her go. I really hope the next show is similar. I find the cases really interesting and look forward to watching it.

13. Cindy Racobs says:

Nancy’s show has been awful since she stopped concentrating on the missing and became just another news show. She is rude and I’m glad to see her go.

14. TheNOLArtist says:

I had an eerie feeling this day would come, had no idea it would be so soon. I’m so sorry that Nancy Grace will no longer be on HLN.
    It’s understandable that she probably wants to spend more time with her twins while they’re still young.
    Nancy always gave her all, I’ll miss her honesty and quick wit.
    Unleash the lawyers —
    Much love & respect for Nancy.
    No one can replace Nancy Grace.
    Not even HLN!

• Annette Collins says:

Wish there were more strong women like her in the world. Nancy Grace will surely be missed. I hope Rita Cosby takes her place

15. Cynthia says:

Im so sad to c & hear Mrs Nacy Grace leaving HLN. I will surely miss seeing her @ 8 pm.. I love u Nacy. Good luck & Blessings to u & your family!

16. Annette Collins says:

Thank you Cynthia… I’ll miss her to. I always get a ring side seat when she comes on. Hey Ill even miss her pretty necklesses.

17. Caroline says:

Nancy, what a shock! You will be so missed. My family & I are such avid fans. You have risen above and beyond, time and time again! Thank you for being a voice and standing your ground. It’s always hard to begin the trail. May your predecessor be as diligent and ethical. Enjoy your life! Peace Out! Caroline

18. james says:

Please do not leave Nancy Grace it would not be the same without you

• Annette Collins says:

Matt, It’s never going to be the same without her to. What a caring human being she is. LOVE YOU NANCY

19. rsvp123@ yahoo.com says:

Nancy Grace will be missed. She did a GREAT JOB.

20. Susan Sharpe says:

Hate to see Nancy leave HLN

21. Mopsy says:

She has got to have the absolute worst hair dresser in TV world!Has always looked HORRIBLE.

22. Cathy murphy says:

23. Amanda Carden says:

I think this will be a huge mistake for HLN! Nancy and Dr drew!!! I’d like to know if she will be on another show and channel!

24. dandmb50 says:

It’s finally over, why did it take so long. She was WRONG so many times and she just kept it up, but she never commented negatively about Clinton. “You can put perfume on a pig, but it’s still a pig.”

25. Angela says:

I will miss my Nancy Grace she’s been a part of my life for almost 12 years! I work full time, and never hardly miss her!! I watched her kid’s grow up and everything!!! She’s a part my family!! Nancy Grace is so dear!! God bless you and your family girl!!! Sincerely. Miss Angie& my doggie Gracie .

26. RAYANN CERO says:

I so loved her show.no matter what I was doing I put her show on every night at 8 pm . I am really going to miss her.
    P.S. For the people who criticized her show…you are morons. If you didn’t like her show well why would you put it on. Don’t you have a remote to change the channel? Dumb A**

• Beth Larson says:

Her show was a joke. Before evidence was presented she’s on the boob tube convicting people of crimes. Everything she did was for two reasons and two reasons only: 1. RATINGS, 2. HER OWN STUPID EGO. She did nothing except for those reasons. Victims rights advocate? Are you serious? She was and will always remain a JOKE.

27. Cindy Reuss says:

she will be greatly missed.

28. I watch Nancy all the time . Do not leave she helps us find the exploited

29. Peggy Ferrara says:

Nancy, you are the most exciting broadcadter I have ever seen!I don’t. miss an episode. I don’t. think I will watch the new show. No onecan replace you. I am saddened. Especially when you say. Goodnight Friend…I almost cry every time.

• Beth Larson says:

Really are you serious? You almost cry every time? You need some serious help if this makes you cry.

30. Tanya bivens says:

I will miss her show..Nancy grace I watched every episode

31. Debi Clark says:

I just realized today that Nancy Grace has left HLN! I am so sad!! I have been watching her forever! God bless her future. :(

32. Beth Larson says:

She didn’t leave on her own, she was CANCELED. GOOD RIDDANCE.