Preacher AMC

Preacher Renewed for Bigger Season 2

Light ’em if you got ’em, because AMC’s Preacher has already been renewed for Season 2.

What’s more, the supernatural drama’s sophomore season will run a heavenly 13 episodes (to bow in 2017), versus its freshman 10.

Preacher is a special television program and we’re eager to share with fans the rest of this wild first season and, now, an expanded second season,” AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement. “What [showrunner] Sam [Catlin], [executive producers] Seth [Rogen], Evan [Goldberg] and the entire creative team have achieved in bringing Garth Ennis’ graphic novel to the screen is extraordinary. We look forward to more time with these unforgettable characters be it in Heaven, Hell, Texas or beyond.”

This Thursday at 9/8c, AMC will air a Preacher catch-up marathon of Season 1’s first five episodes. Episode 6 then premieres this Sunday at 9.

What are your hopes for Season 2 of the comic book-based series?

1. alex says:

What they achieved is the complete bastardization of Garth Ennis’ graphic novel.

• James R. says:

Garth Ennis didn’t seem to care why should you?

• Dysturbed says:

It’s understandable that you dislike what the show is compared to the graphic novel, but we can’t realistically go into watching anything that is based on source material and expect it to be duplicated. The source material is simply used as a basis, not a blueprint.

• Jim says:

You’re right, and I wouldn’t care if what they were making instead was also good, but it’s not. Sad that we’ll probably never get the amazing show this could have been.

• Freddy says:

I’m a fan of the comics and I think the TV show is fantastic. Sorry you don’t like it. To each his own…

• ManInTheSuit says:

Agreed. It’s really bad.

2. Shaun says:

It’s pretty fun,graphic novels are overrated!

3. Carol C says:

Yay!

4. Jargie McMasters says:

I was starting to wonder…

5. Chris says:

This is the best news all week. I’m so excited!

6. LaurelLondon says:

I’ve seen all the episodes. Find myself zoning out n doing something else when it’s on off the dvr. Very slow. Pretty boring to me. I have removed it from my dvr list. That martial arts show on amc was much better than this

• Tim says:

It is kind of slow and the characters are (mostly) annoying, but hopefully it will improve.

• KLS says:

I like “Into the Badlands” better as well. That show started slowly too, but then I got into it. “Preacher” just never got over it’s slow beginning for me. (And I haven’t read the graphic novels, so I am new to the series). To each it’s own, I guess.

• Sharon says:

I agree…Watched several episodes, could not get into it, and finally stopped watching it. I did like Tulip ( what a kick ass woman!!) and Cassidy ( a cool vampire), but that was it. Tried, but just could not get into what the show was about.
      And that guy with the ass mouth- GROSS. Gave me the creeps.

7. THE KING OF THE NORTH says:

Great Show…..love it.

8. Amanda says:

Yay, I love this show which I didn’t expect at all since I usually don’t like horror movies or shows. Love the cast and the crazy stories. I didn’t read the graphic novel but I do know some of the changes. Can’t wait the of this season and season 2!!!

9. Lynn says:

I’ve been watching this because I thought it had potential but like someone else said its kind of slow and boring and I’m ready to give up on it. I don’t really like any of the characters. Also, I don’t know about anyone else but I find the vampire guy hard to understand at times. They made Dominic Cooper cover up his accent, why not this guy? Actually, I haven’t heard her talk outside the show but I think someone said the actress playing Tulip is also from Ireland. They either should have made him cover up his accent like the other two or hire someone easier to understand.

10. Joey Padron says:

Great news! Show been good so far.

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I agree, missed last wks episode cuz of GoT finale but will watch it on Sunday since now there’s not much going on. Tulip and Cassidy are my favorites! Those two are crazy lol.

11. Georgia says:

I’m surprised at this news. Sure not a fan of this series. Never understand why so many great shows are cancelled and a show like this is renewed…But everyone has different tastes and that’s great for those that like the show. I guess I am too picky.

12. Couch Mom says:

Enjoy the show. Glad there will be a 2nd season.

13. LAwoman says:

Good! I wasn’t that impressed with the first couple of episodes, but I’m glad I stuck with it.

14. Amanda says:

For an old broad lime me, who has never read a graphic novel, never heard of the Preacher character, this show is fantastic! I love twisted dark comedies, and this one got me on the first episode when the vampire “bounced” after sky diving without a parachute. I was a skydiver until an accident took me out, and other than him still talking, the visual was very realistic. The cow cracked me up. Anyway, I regress. I think it is clever, and interesting, with great acting. I like the Tulip character too.

• Debbie says:

I’m an old broad too, and I love the show. I’ve seen each episode at least 2 times just to catch the little things that I may have missed the first time. I plan to get the comic novels and don’t really care at all if they track story lines..

15. Daniel says:

Okay, so to sum this up. This is a great show, its slow to start and stays pretty slow throughout the Season. But well worth watching. The last two episodes were badas* in my opinion. Highly recommend watching this if you havn’t already.