TVLine Items: Days Vet's Exit Date, VH1 Adds Late-Night Show and More

By the end of the summer, Martha Madison will be (again) saying goodbye Salem. The soap opera vet, who portrays Belle Black, will last air on Days of Our Lives in early September, she revealed on Twitter.

Madison’s departure was announced back in March — along with the exits of co-stars Brandon Beemer (who plays Shawn-Douglas), Marie Wilson (Summer) and Sal Stowers (Lani) — after changes in the writing staff revealed the four characters would be written out.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* VH1 has ordered VH1 Live, a weekly late-night talk show about entertainment news hosted by CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill and set to debut Sunday, July 17 at 10 pm, per The Hollywood Reporter.

* AXS TV will air AXS TV Concerts Hosted by Mark Cuban, a five-episode concert series featuring (hey, hey) The Monkees, Village People, Bret Michaels, KC and the Sunshine Band and Bad Company, beginning Thursday, Aug. 11 at 9 pm.

* Ellie Reed, who has appeared on 2 Broke Girls and Empire, has been cast opposite Britt Robertson (Life Unexpected) in Netflix’s upcoming 13-episode adaptation of Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso’s Girlboss memoir.

* E! on Wednesday released a list of celebrities appearing in the upcoming second season (Aug. 17, 8/7c) of Hollywood Medium. The list includes 90210’s Tori Spelling, Glee’s Kevin McHale, Devious Maids’ Roselyn Sanchez and The Real Housewives’ Carole Radziwill.

1. Mollytanner says:

Did Lani leave already? With DAYS you never know she could be engaged to Philip so much happens off screen.

• Lou Lou Beans says:

Yeah, I think shes already had her last airdate.

I’m disappointed Madison was written out. I liked her as Belle, and I didn’t think anyone could replace Storms, but eventually grew to love Madison. Same with Beemer, I know he’s sticking around because they don’t want to cash out his contract early, but I liked him as Shawn Douglas when I didn’t think anyone could replace Cook(e?)

Wish they would take Claire with them, and bring back Eve. No one knows whats going on with that show…..the writers change so much that no storyline is every given a payoff. Find a way to get Sweeney back, give Hall some work, make DAYS great again!

• alistaircrane says:

I wish Eve would come back, but the actress has a recurring role on Arrow these days, which shoots in Vancouver.

• Lou Lou Beans says:

I meant Kassie, not Charlotte. You must not watch Days anymore, because Kassie KILLED it in most of her scenes as Eve. I didnt think anyone could replace C.R., but Kassie D slayed!

• Rayburn says:

Who knows. Tate and Thomas are probably will be in high school next week!

2. Kevin K says:

Really sad to see Martha Madison exiting DAYS again. Hope Belle & Shawn will ride off into the sunset together.

• Belle says:

Nope, Brandon Beemer signed longer a contract so they have to somehow figure out how he stays and Martha goes :( bummed bigtime!!!

• Kevin K says:

Since when did you heard the news about Brandon Beemer getting signed to a longer contract on DAYS. You’re telling the truth about that?

• DV says:

Mr K. Must you always be so obnoxious when you respond to people?

Belle- Beemer didn’t sign a new contract, the execs didn’t realize when they fired him he had just started a new 26 week contract. They brought him back to finish it.

• Belle says:

I did not state he signed a NEW contract, I just said )that for some reason) his contract was for a longer amount of time…assume someone messed that one up in HR??? All I know is he is not leaving for long before he returns. Read it in Soap Opera Digest a few weeks ago. So they pay him for no work, or utilize his skills to stay on the show through the end of said contract.

• Belle says:

Yes, Soap Opera Digest is my secret connection…he will be off screen for a bit, but they either had to pay him to buy out his contract or just let him keep his job.

3. alistaircrane says:

Please don’t refer to Madison as a “DAYS vet”. She has less than 5 years’ experience on DAYS. I’m glad she’s gone—Martha was a failed recast and never should have been brought back in the first place. DAYS needs to either bench the character until Kirsten Storms leaves GH, or find a different actress, someone who’s more talented than Martha, to play this role.

• Belle says:

Yikes, tell us how you really feel! Kirsten was my fave too, but she left 12 years ago; you gotta let that go :)

• Belle says:

PS Martha is just fine, one of the better recasts in soap history. And Kirsten had less than 5 years on DOOL too, just saying.

• alistaircrane says:

No one claimed Kirsten was a DAYS vet. All I said was that KS was the best Belle.

• Belle says:

Kirsten has been called a DOOL vet/alum and current GH’er many times over the years…does no one read magazine’s on here??

• alistaircrane says:

And don’t you dare tell me to “let that go”. That’s unbelievably rude and obnoxious and dismissive. Kirsten’s Belle was my favourite character and I’ll never be over her leaving the show, nor should I be.

• Belle says:

And what you said about Martha wasn’t rude, obnoxious and dismissive? Wowzers, no reason to get so huffy about it all. Kirsten was my favorite too, but she isn’t going to reprise that role unless GH is canceled. the end…

• DV says:

They have roughly the same amount of time in as Belle. People love to romanticize the past. Even though Kirsten was first neither really own the role. It’s not like she did it for 20 years and then got recast

• mary says:

Lol. I saw that in the title & said the same thing. it’s not like it was Kristin Alfonso. Now she’s a vet.

4. Megs says:

Loved the role of Belle Black when Kirsten played the character. Never took a shine to Martha’s interpretation. Actually stopped watching DOOL and started watching GH shortly after. KS is a great actress and brings a lot of spunkiness to every character she plays. I think it would be hard for anyone to replace a character she plays. I honestly think she’s a higher caliber actress than soaps and have always been bummed that her movies/attempts at primetime TV have not been better received.

5. Mary says:

I don’t watch Days but gee they seem to go through actors and actress constantly. I would think twice before joining that show.

6. arial2 says:

Just wish AXS would show more of those wonderful German-made Vidicom aerial videos of Europe during the early morning hours. They aren’t available in any format on this side of the Atlantic and include stunning camera work.

7. HAP says:

I have Time Warner Cable and they do not carry AXS.

8. Amy says:

Someone help me, please. Where have I see Martha Madison besides Days? Was she ever on All My Children?

9. mollytanner says:

Martha and Brandon have improved vastly since 2008 and have made their characters completely interesting with so little they are given. I mean, Brady and Theresa are on more than double the amount of time Belle and Shawn are and, well, I don’t care for Brady and Theresa. Hopefully the new writers will make a more balanced show because I think characters like JJ, Gabi, Paul … characters that were front and center not that long ago were just shoved to the side.