American Crime Felicity Huffman Season 3 Cast

American Crime: Felicity Huffman to Return for Season 3 of ABC Drama

Felicity Huffman will once again return to the scene of American Crime, our sister site Deadline reports.

Huffman has re-upped for Season 3 of the ABC anthology series, joining castmate Regina King, whose return was cemented earlier this month.

No word yet on a deal for co-star Timothy Hutton, who also is expected to return for the North Carolina-set third season. The subject of the upcoming episodes: labor conflicts and economic disparity, as well as individual rights.

Are you happy to hear Huffman will be back? Sound off in the comments!

1. Angela says:

Awesome news :). Be very interesting to see what sort of character she’ll play next season.

2. DJ PlaZma says:

I think this is great news. I love the intense and intimate nature of this show, especially the fact that the camera isn’t often (indeed, seldom) solely focused on the speaking character. The cast of each season has shown remarkable talent and bring a depth to their characters that is noteworthy AND award-worthy.

Side note: Adding to this website’s ever-growing presence of ads we now have looping auto-play ads with audio. I understand the need for advertisement (the bills do have to be paid), but the intrusive nature of auto-playing ads (which are a particular favorite of the people sitting nearby<<sarcasm) is a step or two too far. I’ve been a daily visitor to this site since it first came online and I would gladly pay a nominal monthly fee if it would reduce this clutter.

/end rant

3. Donna Salvi says:

Doesn’t sound like a very interesting storyline, but I’m glad the two of them are returning.

4. sunshine says:

The first season was a hit, the second a big miss, and we’ll see about this one. They’ve got a 50/50 chance to get something interesting going.

• KLS says:

I am the opposite. S1 didn’t interest me. The story wasn’t very good. S2 was awesome (IMHO) with great acting and writing. I do agree that it’s a hit or miss deal with this show. The story, topics, and writing set the tone. It’s been proven the actors are talented enough to handle anything they get thrown at them. It’s an interesting and different approach and I am glad that there is a S3.

5. hbeachman says:

There are rumblings that the NC setting may touch on the transgender bathroom issue. Maybe Felicity can play another transgender character. She did get a Best Actress Oscar nomination for “Transmerica.”

6. Cassie says:

I’m stoked about American Crime season three… Super-duper stoked about Felicity Huffman. However, being a North Carolinian… Please remember that we citizens aren’t as ignorant as our lawmakers and there is more to us than bathrooms.
    We also have barbecue. :)

7. RichieS says:

Any chance of getting Caitlin Gerrard back? She was excellent in S1 .