Baby Daddy Renewed

Baby Daddy Renewed for Season 6

Freeform is giving Danny and Riley a little more time to work out their issues, renewing Baby Daddy for a sixth season.

TVLine recently spoke with showrunner Dan Berendsen, who revealed that Danny and Riley’s romantic situation will be “100 percent resolved before the end of [Season 5], and you’ll see a great new adventure for them. … We allow that to play out for a little while, and it will ultimately make them a stronger couple.”

We pressed star Derek Theler to elaborate on that tease during his recent visit to TVLine HQ — I mean, “great new adventure” has to be code for a baby, right? — and while he could neither confirm nor deny such a plot twist, he definitely has some thoughts on Danny’s prospects as a father.

“Do I think he’s ready to be a father? Absolutely not,” Theler says. “But think back to Season 1 — Ben wasn’t exactly ready when Emma showed up on his doorstep. He’d have to step up his game if that’s something the show decides to do.”

According to the network, here’s what you can expect from Season 6: “Ben will remain on his quest to find the ‘girl of his dreams’ and Emma’s new mom, while Danny and Riley figure out their future.” Additionally, Season 6 will bring the series to 100 episodes.

Are you pleased by this news, Baby Daddy Nation? What are your hopes for the show’s future? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. Angela says:

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Ralph says:

Yea! Great show. Just hope the “100 episodes” doesn’t signal the end, as it does for so many shows

• Patrick says:

It may very well do so. The writers would be wise to craft a season finale that could also function as a series finale.

• Lynne says:

They put an emphasis on the show reaching 100 episodes because that’s when it’s available to go into syndication. Every show gets that opportunity when it gets to 100. It’s also impressive when a show reaches that point because not many do these days.

3. Kelly Hau says:

cannot wait so excited

4. Joey Padron says:

Happy news the show is coming back for another season!

5. Ann says:

yesssssssss. Even though Season 5B was not as hilarious as the past ones..

• sarah t says:

My thoughts exactly. I still like the show but the keeping Danny and Riley apart is stupid, especially how they played it out.

6. Mary says:

Best news ever… I’m so happyyyyy

7. jane says:

im absolutely obsessed with the show!! cant get enoughhhhhh im having more withdrawals!

8. Nashaly says:

Que emoción!! 🙌🎉

9. Lala says:

Great news…even though I don’t watch the show that often anymore

10. Gina says:

I love baby daddy and I wish ben and Riley were still together cuz she’s amazing with Emma and she doesn’t need someone who abandoned her and Emma is adorable. Ben is doing a great job raising her and from the help of his friends and his mom.

11. Nancy Farkas says:

So they renew crap like this but won’t renew Chasing Life? One of the best shows out in a long time? what the heck? Are people so stupid that they would rather watch a stupid comedy like this then a show about real issues?

• Half hour comedies are cheaper to produce and are easier to syndicate than hour long serialized dramas.CL ratings were bad and it was a given a second chance to grow in ratings but didn’t.Most fans stopped watching after Leo was killed off anyway.Yes ,some people sometimes after going through a serious,hard day in life or at work want to come and laugh and forget thier troubles Not be depressed watching a show about a girl dying of cancer

• Anna says:

Lolz, every time someone doesn’t like a show, they decide that it’s “stupid” and that other people shouldn’t like it either. Grow up and realize that different people are allowed to like different things.

• Dehliaa says:

Unfortunately, thats just it Reality TV isnt all that anymore.

12. chuckiechk says:

been a fan of Baby Daddy since it debuted, along with Pretty Little Liars and Young & Hungry. I wish they would of given Recovery Road a second chance

• Janiffer says:

I completely agree… I was also really disappointed when chasing life was cancelled…. amazing show wish someone would bring it back

13. Vicky says:

Yahhhhh… Wat a Great show..so happy to hear this…..

14. Maritza Rodriguez says:

Yes I’m so excited for the next season I can’t wait I love that show.

15. Tammy says:

I enjoy this sitcom so much. The writing is fantastic as the banter amidst the characters is quick and witty. I wouldn’t be disappointed if this show was an hour in length rather than the half hour it is currently. There world be more time for character development and even funnier situations.

16. Mike says:

Great Show!!!

17. John NYC says:

Thumbs up: great little show.

18. Crystal H says:

I love this show and totally in love with the entire cast. I honestly prefer Ben with Riley over Danny but I will accept defeat.

19. Beth says:

Still needing a Stitchers renewal!

20. Monica says:

Please riley and ben toguether i like danny but ben and riley look better toguether because they are so diferents.

21. Maria Lanzillotta says:

I love this show so glad it’s renewed love Bonnie and Tucker I laugh so hard its hilarious

• Television says:

I was going to say, Bonnie and Tucker really hold their own, and are really funny even if they are in the background of a scene. Bonnie really makes the show for me, she is even great working with unreliable baby actors.

22. Kelly says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the show. So much fun, the cast is amazing & love Emma (soooo cute)! Hoping the Harris twins will continue. It’s fun watching Emma grow up.

23. Anah says:

So so happy!!!

24. Anna says:

Wonderful news! But I really need Danny and Riley to work out their crap before season 6.

25. Great news love this show favorite of all times can’t wait
    Love Ben and Riley together throw put them back together Hoping for season 7 I know I’m pushing it but. Here’s hoping the whole cast is amazing best show ever on free form then Kyle lie xy.

26. Season says:

I think Ben and riley should get back together

27. LOVE this show but NEED Riley and Ben BACK TOGETHER!!!!

28. Darshan says:

Ben and Riley should be together in the end…… He doesn’t have to find his Riley, when she is already there. I believe it will happen, if not Ben wouldn’t be the main on this show.

29. Gina says:

So looking forward to the new season! This is great news! 🤗😃

30. anonymous says:

so they can announce the renewals of the 2 comedies but it’s taking them forever to announce Stitchers status!!! seriously this is ridiculous and incredibly annoying just hurry up and get it over with please and thank you!

31. Kyleigh says:

Omg I love this show especially danny. I am so glad they are renewing it.

32. value says:

I kinda hope that ben and zoe get together,n wld like to see alil fling btn tucker and mrs wheeler

33. Emily says:

Have Ben end up with Zooey and hunter

34. mia says:

I want Ben and Riley to get back together and get married or something with them together

35. Joe says:

Love this show hope we get more seasons after 6! Keep going!!

36. I agree baby daddy is a wonderful show love it way to go 6 season lets go for 7 keep it going. Amazing cast they all fit together.

37. april says:

Love love love baby daddy!!! Really hope it comes back on soon

38. Katie says:

omg I am addicted to this show I love it so much I can wait to see what happens with Riley being pregnant . And I think Riley and Danny are the cutest couple ever! iltsm!❤️

39. Lisa B says:

So excited… I love Baby daddy!! It is so funny and cute… Thank you for renewing it…

40. Still want Ben and Riley together hoping for a tucker and Bonnie together not till the end of the show don’t like the Riley being pregnant thing.danny need a new love interest not Riley but some one as wonderful as her cast is amazing great chemistry together.

41. Sissy Becvar says:

Yay I am so excited!!!! Love this show but I have always been team Riley and Ben!!!! Thanks for renewing

42. Bryana says:

Really think Ben and Riley should get back together. Danny’s cool and all but Ben and Riley are so much cuter and their differences make the relationship more realistic. And she would be the perfect mom for Emma. She’s already so great with her. Danny needs to find someone else.

43. Sandra says:

I love this show. I watched all the episodes I missed on Netflix could not stop watching it.

44. Kelli Smith says:

I am so glad they are renewing Baby Daddy, please keep it around for a long while.

wish you would bring back Melissa and Joey though.

45. Dawn says:

Good news! This is a great show with such a great cast with good chemistry. I am so glad Riley is Pg with Danny I love them together! Ben should get back together with girl that he delivered her baby. I think they should not have had her ex show back up. Ben brought the baby into the world and they could gave really ran with that.

46. Joanna says:

I absolutely love this show!! So excited for how season 5 ended and can’t wait for season 6! I hope there are a lot more seasons. This show brings lots of laughter and joy to my husband and I! Love watching all the re-runs too.

47. Donni says:

When will season 6 come on ?

48. Cindy C says:

I was team Ben at first, but I’m am 100% team Danny now. Since Danny has been in love with Riley all his life even when she was fat is so much better than Ben liking her now that she’s skinny. Plus, with the baby on the way, I really really really hope that they don’t match Ben and Riley anymore.. please.
    Am I the only one who wonders how Tucker isn’t gay?!?!

49. Hanna says:

I cant wait any longer! Thanks freefrom! Thanks Dan Berendsen!

50. Joanne says:

I can’t wait for Season 6. Any idea when Season 6 will be aired?