American Horror Story Spoilers

American Horror Story Welcomes Back Another Alum for Top-Secret Season 6

Little is known about American Horror Story‘s upcoming sixth installment — Ryan Murphy’s team is keeping the lid on tighter than usual — but at least we know we’ll recognize a few familiar faces come fall.

In a new interview with Out magazine, Cheyenne Jackson reveals that he will return to the FX drama for Season 6. In fact, Jackson — who played hotel owner Will Drake in the show’s fifth season — says that filming has already begun.

This makes Jackson the third AHS alum to confirm a sixth-season return; Lady Gaga revealed in March that she’ll be back, though she didn’t say “how or when,” and Angela Bassett let news of her return slip during a February interview with Larry King.

FX boss Jonathan Landgraf has proven to be the most valuable source for Season 6 intel, though even he isn’t saying much. Back in January, he revealed that it will be “set in the present” with “echoes of the past” woven in. “It’s set in two time periods,” he elaborated, “but principally in the present.”

Added series creator Ryan Murphy at PaleyFest in March: “The interesting thing about this season is we’ve been working on two ideas at once, which we’ve never done. So I don’t want to say what it maybe is. Both things that we’re writing right now — we haven’t declared a winner — will have a different form, so we’re excited about that. We’ll talk about it soon, but we haven’t landed on it yet.”

What are your hopes for AHS‘ sixth season? And which other actors would you like to see back? Drop a comment with all of your thoughts below.

1. Cornelius says:

Any news on Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, and Evan Peters yet? Would also like Taissa Farmiga to return again and maybe Connie Britton if she can work around Nashville moving to CMT. Basically just have everyone return okay.

2. John Smith says:

The first few seasons were great but the Hotel season was just awful. I had to force myself to watch just to get to the end of it.

3. Cory says:

Hopefully he gets a decent character arc this year. Last year nothing about his character development made the slightest bit of sense.

4. The only thing that can salvage this show at this point is for Jessica Lange comes back. I still haven’t been able to get through all of Hotel because it was so dreadful.

• lechatnoir says:

Hostel was lavishly decorated and there was lotsa pretty people on there. What killed it was that it was oversold and Gaga’S horrendous acting . She shoulda been a cameo or a c story line. I love the earliest seasons of ahs. That’s some fijn tv right there.

5. abz says:

All I ask for this coming season is that Wes Bentley stay FAR AWAY from it. You can throw in Chloe Sevigny too. Bentley/John Lowe was one of if not THE worst part of Hotel. I can’t tell you how bored I was several times throughout the season. I still cannot get over how much screen time he was given.

I just want Sarah Paulson, Matt Bomer, and Angela Bassett to have more screen time this season. And some real stuff to do. It was a shame how underused some of them were last season. Matt Bomer’s talents were wasted and he was just Lady Gaga’s lover. Angela Bassett was barely in the season. And Sarah Paulson’s character/story seriously could have been more interesting to me if she weren’t so tied to Wes Bentley’s character.

6. Jay says:

Yeah, Hotel was the first season I couldn’t get through (came close to giving up on Freak Show too). Will see what the reviews are like before committing to any of the next season. Is a shame since the first two seasons were great.

7. mc says:

I want the Farmiga sisters on my TV, please! Bring back Taissa, and then Vera’s on the final season of Bates Motel (off-t).

8. Monique Dib says:

It is not AHS without Sarah Paulson! hope she will b in season 6

• lechatnoir says:

Sarah is one the finest actresses of this decade.there is no way in hale she wouldn’t return. Murphy should add the elder of the farmiga sisters. She is spooky in a psychotic way. I had forgotten about cheyenn Jackson. Great addition there.i wonder if Angela Bassett is returning

9. Charlene says:

Just hope it’s better than last season. That was just a jumbled up mess.

10. As long as Dennis O’Hare comes back (preferably as Liz Taylor but in whatever guise).

11. jless says:

What a sad situation, when this terrible show, all style, no substance with laughble dialog and mostly weak acting is in its 6th season! While a literate, remarkable show like “Penny Dreadful” is cut short on its 3rd season. The acting, storyline and production quality was so superior on Penny Dreadful compared with this horribly train wreck.

• Kendra Thompson says:

To each their own. I have to wonder though, if you dislike AHS so much, why were you reading about season 6? Why waste your time if you don’t like the show?

12. Amy says:

I want Lily Rabe to come back and have more screen time as well. She was basically non-existent in Hotel. Cameos have more screen time than she did. She’s one of my faves.

13. Kendra Thompson says:

I really love that Angela is returning. I also hope to see Kathy Bates return at some point along with Emma Roberts. Sarah Paulson is the one I would be delighted to see return. I love her acting and she truly is one of a kind. She has the gift of transporting the viewer directly into the story line and leaves us wanting more each week,which she delivers. She gives her characters a voice and the emotions she exhibits feel real, not acted. She makes the viewer physically feel each and every emotion. Truly a one in a million actress!