Live With Kelly and Jeff Gordon

Jeff Gordon Would 'Welcome' Chance to Co-Host Live With Kelly Ripa If

Since TVLine broke the news that Jeff Gordon was ABC’s top pick to replace Michael Strahan as Kelly Ripa‘s Live co-host, the retired racing legend has remained mum on the subject… until now.

“Well, I’m flattered that my name has been associated with that” position, he said Saturday at Sonoma Raceway, where he was working his weekend NASCAR broadcasting gig for Fox Sports. “I’ve always maintained a great friendship with [Live] and some of the producers and folks within the show.

“I had a great time co-hosting… and I certainly would welcome [the gig],” he added. But there’s a “but.”

“My priority is Fox and Fox Sports and NASCAR,” Gordon noted, “so I will definitely be back in the [Fox NASCAR] booth next year.”

Which is not to say that he wouldn’t do both jobs, should that be made a possibility. “If there was something that would fit into and around [my responsibilities to Fox], great,” he said. “I don’t know if that’s a reality.”

Gordon didn’t finish that sentence with a “yet,” but he should have. Initially, Strahan did not only Live but Fox NFL Sunday‘s pregame show as well.

What do you think? Would you tune in for Live With Kelly & Jeff? Hit the comments.

1. Kevin K says:

Won’t be the same without Strahan. No complaining

2. Belle says:

Nah, he’s okay as a fill in…but we want NPH, Josh Groban, or Regis coming back :)

3. steven says:

Why does everybody hate Jeff Gordon?

• Jeannie says:

Because he just doesn’t have the charisma for morning tv and isn’t quite as exciting or funny like nph, Anderson cooper or Fred savage.

4. Greg says:

No thanks. Only site that seems to be pushing him is this one…. #conspiracy

5. Melinda Bernhardt says:

Will definitely watch, as we are huge Nascar & Jeff Gordon fans. My husband will dvr it and watch it in the evening. So the show will get 2 new viewers.

6. Pamela Kabulski says:

I’d switch from watching nascar and record live with kelly and Jeff every day!!

7. Jean Orsatti says:

Never watch w Jeff Gordon..my vote is andy Cohen

8. The Guy in the desert. says:

Great match

9. Rozie says:

No. Too stiff on camera.

10. Mary Barker says:

He is such a boring person. Can’t stand listening to him in the booth. Mister blah!! It would be the sinking of the show. I have been a fan since Regis and Kathie. Really enjoyed Kelly and Michael. Would not waste my time with Kelly and Jeff. Don’t ruin the show.

11. Sharon says:

Yes I would tune in. Jeff is smart, knowledgeable and isn’t a sore to look at. He has a great work ethic and would do an admirable job taking care of both his Fox obligations and Live job. I look forward to his decision.

12. Beth Owen says:

I would love to see Jeff take over the co- host spot on Live with Kelly. I actually quit watching when they hired Michael, it just didnt work for me. I would definitely tube back in to watch Kelly and Jeff!

13. Gayle says:

Certainly think Jeff would be a good choice. Any new cohost would have to settle in to the job. Sounds like he’s up for the challenge.

14. BillyBobJohnson says:

Kiss the show goodbye if he is chosen. Cooper all the way.

15. Linda says:

It has to be someone boring because Kelly doesn’t want to be upstaged. She’s the diva and ‘star’ of the show! Gotta keep her happy! Jeez, I wish the show would just die a quick death! Can’t stand her!

16. Patty Lyles says:

Do not care got him and would definitely switch to a morning show. He comes across as somewhat boring and silly at times but not totally aware of world events. Let NASCAR have him

17. Brianna Willey says:

Yeah I would tune in to it and record

18. I will be glued to my TV for the hour show. Jeff has been my favorite NASCAR driver for his entire career. I know he will do a terrific job co-hosting with Kelly!!

19. Sal says:

Real simple here… are you kidding me? I think it would be boring, And very dry. I for one will stop watching the show. I’m sure this would bring the show to it’s end.
    Sorry Kelly

20. Dee says:

YES, I think it would be awesome!

21. Paula says:

Jeff seems like a nice guy but he seems ‘too vanilla’ for this co-hosting gig. My top picks for the job are Neil Patrick Harris or Nick Lachey! Definitely NOT Anderson Cooper or Andy Cohen who both wear out their welcome with me after one day! Much prefer that Anderson sticks to his excellent hard news reporting while I loathe Cohen overall. And Fred Savage tries way too hard when sitting next to my girl Kelly (admire him as an actor and director). PLEASE give NPH whatever he wants to get him to accept this job! And I certainly wouldn’the be adverse to seeing his wonderful husband, David Burtka, on a regular basis as well!

22. Love Jeff Gordon!!!!!! He will bring lots more people to watch show!!! Great choice!!!

23. Jeff Gordon would be great!!!! So Good looking!!! Wonderful!!!!

24. Jeff west says:

Yes cause I’m jeff b Biggest fan i have everything off his plus old lady is a fan of kelly

25. SW says:

We ABSOLUTELY would watch Live with Jeff Gordon as cohost. We have watched regularly for many years, but will never again watch if the cohost is Anderson Cooper or Andy Cohen. NEVER AGAIN!!!