Exclusive
Mom William Fichtner Series Regular

Mom Promotes William Fichtner to Series Regular for Season 4

This bodes well for Bonnie’s love life: Mom has made William Fitchtner a series regular for Season 4, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The veteran actor, who recurred in Season 3 of the CBS comedy as Bonnie’s suitor — wheelchair-bound former stuntman Adam — has a list of credits a mile long, ranging from Prison Break to Empire. When last seen on Mom, his character was headed off to Croatia for a gig as a movie stunt coordinator.

Mom Season 4 premieres Thursday, Oct. 27 at 9/8c.

What do you think? Are you glad Bonnie — and we — will be seeing more of Adam? Hit the comments.

1. C says:

Great news! I liked his character and that relationship with Bonnie.

2. I don’t watch the show any longer – but I hope they don’t kill THIS guy – like the ex-husband. That’s why I stopped watching. God forbid there should be a healthy male in the show :-O CBS has made a TON of mistakes in the past two years. Bless your hearts if you’re a big supporter of the network. I USED to be.

3. SoFla says:

He is one of my favorites. Always excellent in whatever he does. Glad to see he will be a regular, will make the show a bit more bearable to watch.

4. Bella says:

Awesome news! I’ve seen him in many things, and he’s very good. I really like his character in Mom, and loved them together. I assumed he’d be too busy to be able to come back to the show, and I’m so glad I was wrong.

5. The Beach says:

I’ve liked him ever since Invasion…a show that should have lasted longer.

6. Kevin In CT says:

Great actor, he was in a foreign series about an enforcement unit attached to the World Court in The Hague. Great series, but people kept leaving and they ended up killing off most of their major characters. The European location shooting etc, was very well done.

7. Trina says:

Didn’t there used to be her kids and co workers on the show?

• Mark says:

They all sucked so be glad they’re mostly gone.

• DV says:

Yes but the show really came together when the focus became the support group. Plus I recall reading there was concern about having Christy or Bonnie relapse with kids in the house and it being limiting with what they could do to the characters.

• dlraetz says:

Her son lives with his father. The daughter will probably be a big plot line in the fall

• Patrick says:

The character moved to Reno, or something, and the actress playing her is enrolled in college. I assume she’ll get to make enough appearances to pay for school and keep her SAG card. That said, its funny when the two leads reference their earlier partying. When the kids refer to the negative impact said partying had on their lives, it is heartbreaking and it makes the leads less likeable.

8. cr says:

Yay! Great show adding another great actor and character

9. B says:

Fantastic!

10. Pamela says:

I have been a fan of William Fitchner’s ever since Grace Under Fire, where he played Ryan Sparks. He has the same great energy with Bonnie that he had with Grace. So happy to see him in a new sitcom. His crime drama series, Crossing Lines, is excellent also. A superb actor and one of my favorites.

11. vicki says:

Thrilled. They work well off of each other and have great chemistry.

12. Leanne says:

great. I really like him. Hope the relationship goes well. Be nice to have a healthy relationship for a change

13. kirads09 says:

Adore William Great news Thought they would do more with his character on Empire. Has he signed on for Prison Break revival – please say he has.

14. Diane says:

I’m thrilled – loved the idea of Bonnie falling for a guy in a wheelchair – AND love, love the actor!

15. Marynn says:

That’s great news!! Like the actor and really liked the character, glad to hear it.

16. Elyse J. says:

I could’t be more thrilled. William Fichtner is shifted actor and great eye can’t as well. I thought he and Allison Janney had excellent chemistry and was happy to see a couple, where one of the parties had a disabling condition, shown in romantic and comic situations. HUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE. Bravo, CBS!

17. Their chemistry is fantastic so I’m SO happy!

18. Marci says:

So happy to read this. I’ve been a big fan of Fitchtner for years and have missed having him in a show I watch. I love his character in Mom too.

19. Faye says:

Good actor, good character, and I love the chemistry between he and Bonnie. Very happy to see that he will be more episodes.

20. Irene Norton says:

I was hoping he would be back, he is soooo good. I’ve watched those four episodes over and over.

21. Brad Cauble says:

I wish william fichtner would go go back and finish the TV episodes of Crossing lines along with his team from the second episode his team was awesome and he played awesome as his character as well.Now the 3rd episode is out and it’s lame.They have all new characters but 3 of them and it’s not that good.Please bring back Carl Hickman & his old team.The first 2 episodes don’t tie into the 3rd episode at Alll.That’s just lame!!

22. CheChe says:

That’s great! He was hilarious with the one-liners! I Iove this show! The two main stars are incredible!!! I enjoyed William on Grace Under Fire. So glad to see him again!

23. Pat says:

I love William Fichtner and his character and I hated it when they had his character move away. The episodes he was on we’re the best of the whole year. Heck, yeah, make him a regular!

24. Claire says:

Soooooo happy to hear that “Adam” will be a regular as Bonnie’s boyfriend. I love the storyline and the chemistry. I’ve always loved William Fitchner as an actor and this character is an awesome fit! I hope he stays for this season and many more!!!

25. Candi says:

Yay!! I think he is great for Bonnie!! Woohoo

26. Lisa G. says:

That is awesome! I like his character. I am still reeling from them killing off Alvin!!! That was horrible mistake. Love this show, great chemistry between Anna and Allison (might be spelled incorrectly, sorry).

27. Sharon Militello says:

LOVE Bill Fichtner! Very happy to watch him on Mom, a very funny and sometimes sad sitcom!

28. Carol says:

Yes i am glad that Adam is going to be a regular on Mom. Thank you for adding him.

29. DB says:

Yes, I’m delighted that Fitchner is going to be a regular. Great actor!

30. I was elated to learn that Wm. Fichtner was on the tv series of Mom. I first saw him in the Perfect Storm and feel he has such a strong sense of presence. He is as good in comedy as he is in a serious role.

31. Linda adams says:

Don’t like him drinking and doing drugs all the time.

32. Joanna says:

I love William Fichtner in his role of Adam on the tv show Mom. It is wonderful that they do not focus on the things he can’t do and instead just show him as a man who is very normal…and sexy too. I have loved him as an actor since back when he played “Josh” on “As the World Turns”

33. Ana says:

I think they are not a good match. All he does is drink beer and watch t.v. what is the attraction?

34. Michele Farrington says:

Well.. I seem to be the … Only… one that.. doesn’t… like him ( in the show) The show was SO much funnier when Mom & Daughter did their outlandish stuff together! I haven’t laughed or even smiled since he came into the picture. Just not funny anymore 😢

35. Joey B. says:

Love him: he and Janet have stolen the show in fact, making the others a fair supporting cast and those wretched kids utterly worthless. Kill off the kids! Discreetly of course, I’m not a maniac.

• Michele Farrington says:

The Shows Name Is… Mom… Moms.. Have.. Children! The WHOLE show has turned into something Completely different from what it was … Suppose.. To be about! I really don’t care for it any longer!

36. Nanci D says:

Love the relationship with Adam. She deserves a break after all her struggles with alcohol and drug abuse

37. Mary O'Keeffe says:

Glad Bill is staying, he’s sexy ^ cute.
    Mary O’Keeffe