Fall TV Preview
Aimee Garcia Lucifer

Lucifer Adds Aimee Garcia for Season 2

Hell, yeah — Lucifer has added Dexter alumna Aimee Garcia to its Season 2 cast.

The actress — whose other credits include The George Lopez Show and Rush Hour — will play the series-regular role of the L.A.P.D.’s new forensic scientist, Ella Lopez. The character is described by Fox as “a bit of a walking contradiction. She’s brainy but spiritual. Warm but tough. She grew up in a pretty rough neighborhood in Detroit, but also in a strong Catholic family, under the watchful and protective eye of her five brothers… which might explain some of her opposing personality traits.”

The duality of Ella’s personality will also intrigue the retired Lord of Hell. “Her mutual belief in both faith and science,” the network says, “proves a point of interest to Lucifer — and the rest of the department — as they get to know and love her quirky ways.”

Garcia’s hiring comes on the heels of news that Tricia Helfer will appear as Lucifer’s mother during the series’ sophomore season (which kicks off Sept. 19).

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the return of Lucifer? Hit the comments.

1. Bill McHale says:

Hellll yeah

2. PatriciaLee says:

I’m on board, and I loved her in Rush Hour! Bring John Foo on board. Also, I’ll get to enjoy Hires on McGyver, so the new season is looking up. (at least for a few months before anything gets whacked.)

3. Wordsmith says:

Sounds like she’s being set up as a potential believer to contrast with total skeptic Chloe.

4. Jody Pittmen says:

Oh hell yeah! The show Lucifer is great Tom Ellis is a amazing actor especially when portraying Lucifer. It is also a comedy, lots of funny, emotional and drama parts. It is not what most people would expect, not a dark portrayal. He helps the police solve crimes and learns more and more about humans. It is based on a DC comic. All of the characters are played by amazing actors. Check it out.

5. DebG says:

Oh good, for a moment there I thought she was playing “Mom”. I think Tricia Helfer is an excellent bit of casting as well.

6. Lisa Roloff says:

Nope, not happy if her character at all interferes with the interplay with Lucifer and Chloe.

• Wordsmith says:

Even if the interference helps them to understand and accept each other better? I like what they have now, but change and progress are important parts of any show.

7. steven says:

Not even her would get me to watch the show of the Devil.

8. Emor says:

Is Tim Kring running this show?? Let’s add extra characters that bring nothing to the show for season 2? Tricia’s character was organically added via the story line. This character is completely superfluous and will probably take screen time from Dr. Linda!! (See S2 of Heroes and Crossing Jordan and Touch) BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!

• Wordsmith says:

Not completely superfluous. It’s at least 50% a crime show, and the only law enforcement characters they have now are Chloe and Dan. Name one other cop show that doesn’t have a lab geek.

9. Doug says:

Can’t wait for lucifer season 2. Been watching season 1 on demand since the season ended.

10. Joey Padron says:

Good casting for new season. Excited for the show to come back this fall. Love season 1!

11. John Corbae says:

Ohmigawd, yes ! I so want this series to start again. Helfer as Satan’s mom?!?! Hell yes !!!

12. Jake says:

Yes, I’m very much looking forward to the show’s return.

13. Jeannette says:

I’m so looking forward to season 2 of Lucifer……YAHOO

14. Sam Cowen says:

I hate this show, because I absolutely fell in love with Lucifer and now I have to wait an eternity to watch Season 2. It will be interesting to see the show blossom with new characters. I just wish they could bloom faster.

15. Annabelle says:

I can hardly wait for September 19th. Watched season 1 so many times, I lost count.

16. Kate says:

I absolutely am looking forward to the next season of Lucifer. I will DVR the season as well!

17. karen says:

looking forward to it running for a lot of seasons / it makes me LOL a lot as well as keeps my interest Love the cast and the writers Perfect mix of adventure comedy drama and love the idea that the devil is not bad just punishes ones that are lts a fun show

18. James Coulter says:

I absolutely LOVE the show “Lucifer ” . Comedy, Action, Drama, romantic innuendo–What more COULD you want? It is simply a spectacular program!!!!!!! PLEASE keep this around for a long time, PLEASE!!!!!! Thank You!!!!

19. Sherry says: