Casual Renewed for Season 3 at Hulu

Pencil “more complicated family dynamics and a bunch of laughs” into your planner, because Casual has been renewed for a third season.

The Jason Reitman/Zander Lehmann dramedy will be back with 13 new episodes in 2017, Hulu announced Thursday. Reitman also signed a first-look TV deal with the streaming video provider, which is a first for the site.

The Golden Globe-nominated series, which stars Michaela Watkins and Tommy Dewey, returned for its second season on June 7.

Got thoughts on Casual‘s renewal? Sound off in the comments!

1. Suso says:

Gotta say– as much as I loved season one, I am not loving season two at all. It’s getting more and more difficult to like the characters, no matter how amazing the performers are.

• Lala says:

I agree completely…I liked season 1 but season 2 has been messy…there’s no one to root for or care about really. I’m not sure how I feel about a season 3 if Season 2 does not improve.

• Ron says:

I was worried I was the only one, but I feel exactly the same. I loved season 1; I couldn’t wait to watch the episodes. With season 2, I’ll definitely watch all the episodes, but right now I feel like I’m just watching them out of some weird obligation, not because I actually want to. Though we’re approaching it, I’m hoping for an improvement by the midway point.

2. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show got renewed! Season 2 been pretty good. Hope next episodes will be more better.

3. Mr. Sunshine says:

This show is on my want to watch list. Hulu has some really great shows that are quite addictive. I highly recommend All Saints, Packed to the Rafters, and Offspring. I’m thoroughly enjoying Stella now too.

• Ro Fischer says:

Mr Sunshine,
      Ditto on All Saints!! I thought i was the only one who watched it. Grey’s Anatomy in the outback. Hope it doesn’t deteriorate like McLeod’s Daughters did – another Aussie addiction.
      Gobs and gobs of episodes. Love Aussie TV. Also liked first couple seasons of Stella, tone changed after that and I never could get with that lawyer guy.

• Mr. Sunshine says:

Yep, I was so addicted to All Saints that I would spend whole weekends in front of the TV. After watching all the 400 plus episodes, I can say it’s probably one of my favorite dramas off all time. There were so many times that I needed a kleenes because I was so moved by the show!! And, it kept me from my first love which is reading. If you like All Saints, I think you’ll enjoy Offspring. I loved McLeod’s Daughters as well. I couldn’t finish the last season because I read they ended the show on a cliffhanger. :-( I was not a happy camper!!

• Mr. Sunshine says:

Regarding All Saints, I think you’ll be quite satisfied with the ending. Of course, you’re probably done by now. Did you watch any of the others. I recommend Holby City and Casualty too! You can find them on Britbox. :-) Happy viewing…..