Big Brother 18 Ratings

Ratings: Big Brother Premiere Down

CBS’ Big Brother opened Season 18 on Wednesday with 6.1 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, easily leading the night in both measures yet down 13 and 9 percent from last year’s opener to quite possibly (?) mark a premiere low.

Leading out of that, American Gothic debuted to 3.5 mil and a 0.7 (and an average reader grade of “B-“), matching fellow CBS freshman BrainDead‘s premiere rating but down from what a Criminal Minds rerun (5.3 mil/0.9) did last year airing after Big Brother’s bow.

Over on Fox, MasterChef (3.7 mil/1.0) slipped 12 and 20 percent, while Wayward Pines (2.4 mil/0.7) was steady.

NBC’s The Night Shift (4.3 mil/0.9) ticked down a bit.

1. Lynn says:

I don’t know about the rest of the country but Big Brother was interrupted in the Chicago market for storm coverage maybe a half hour in. In fact all the network channels, CBS, ABC and NBC were interrupted. Don’t know about Fox, I didn’t turn it on but I assume they also were interrupted so none of the network prime time shows aired here last night which probably affected ratings. I know Chicago wasn’t the only place having bad weather so other markets may have been affected as well.

2. Lindsey says:

What were the ratings for C-SPAN?

3. liame says:

The little guy trying to jump up on the spaceship was hilarious! This group is already working my nerves. I don’t see one person this season that I care about after listening to their introductions. Everyone comes across as cocky and annoying.

4. Gerald Christie says:

Courtesy of CBS and/or Sigmund Freud! Classic Matt. That made my day. Thanks!

5. HAP says:

Why is Big Brother still on? Some kind of gift by Les Moonves for his wife?

6. simon says:

I would love to be a bb housemate on this Big Brother but I live in the United Kingdom. Big Brother is a very popular Reality show all over the world.

7. Michele Car says:

I have watched Big Brother since season one. Now my 16 year old daughters watch it too. I don’t know how they pick the cast out of thousands of applicants, but this season is full of annoying people. We wait for the summer to watch this show and this cast is so far the worst. Looking forward to CBS casting team to pick a better cast for next summer. hopefully.

8. Kiri L. says:

I used to love this show but the past four seasons or so have been excruciating. This season is like a repeat of season 16, with a male duo running the house. One is even a sibling of the season 16 duo. BB used to have edgy, interesting casts, now it’s just gotten boring and predictable. I actually like the twists brought in this season, but they’re all spoiled by the cast (Victor getting back into the house? And just playing Paul and Paulies game for them? Yawn). Please, CBS, get some strong females and intelligent men. It’s getting boring watching a frat house and showmances repeatedly play out.

9. Yes not very well thought out this yr
    Drab sets anoing cast with bad tv pitched voices
    I am sorry maybe the way poor America is affected by its political situation is affecting the directors choices this yr.
    Have to say I get bored watching it.
    Yes I don’t have to watch it.
    Is that what they want.
    And why keep bring back old cast everyone’s an individual.
    Give others a chance to express themselves.