Bachelor Spinoff Ben and Lauren Scores Series Order at Freeform

Freeform is making a big commitment to The Bachelor franchise.

ABC’s sister cable net on Wednesday announced that it has ordered a spinoff of the dating juggernaut focused on former Bachelor Ben Higgins and fiancée Lauren Bushnell.

Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After will follow the newly engaged couple as they prepare to walk down the aisle and begin their new life together. The docu-series will also focus on Higgins’ involvement in politics and Bushnell’s attempts to establish her identity post-Bachelor. Along the way, she’ll receive a little help from fellow Bachelor and Bachelorette alumni, who will pop in from time to time to share advice about life after the ABC reality show.

“Ben and Lauren are the biggest Bachelor couple of the last 10 years,” Karey Burke, Executive Vice President of Programming at Freeform, said in a statement. “Their romance captured everyone’s attention, and we are delighted to continue their story.”

Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After is scheduled to debut in October. Will you be tuning in?

1. sarah t says:

Um, no. Because even though, I like, love Ben. I’m not that into Lauren (said in my best Lauren valley girl voice).

2. Sarah says:

“Ben and Lauren are the biggest Bachelor couple of the last 10 years” – I’d definitely disagree with that, people hardly even talk about them anymore. I’m kind of surprised they would get a show because they are both too normal (and for TV, that’s boring).

• greg says:

That sentence is wrong on so many levels… I havent heard or seen an article about them since it ended. I see way more coverage of Kaitlyn than Ben, and her season was longer ago.

• I agree – I think they are far too normal to be the “biggest Bachelor couple” — I think it’s Sean/Catherine honestly.

3. Courtney Smith says:

I’ll watch this, but at the same time this upsets me because I thought they were so down to earth. I really liked that Ben didn’t doing DWTS because he wanted to focus on his relationship with Lauren instead. They never seemed fame hungry to me…

4. wrstlgirl says:

Ewwww no.

5. I might have watched the show, but I refuse to watch Freeform while Pat Robertson and The 700 Club are allowed to spew their hate speech on this channel. Once ABC, Disney, and Freeform come to their senses and stop selling air time to those bigoted, hate-filled fearmongers, then I will gladly return.

• Kev says:

From what I understand, apart of the contract for the channel includes a stipulation that it must always carry the 700 Club which is why if comes on so early in the morning

• c-mo says:

If you hold every channel accountable for the “hate speech” spewed by their “talent”, why are you even on this site? Your TV watching options are extremely slim and possibly nonexistent!

• Gospino says:

You ought to do some research about why The 700 Club still airs before you go around bashing Freeform for showing it. Jumping to conclusions and making false assumptions could easily be avoided if you spend just a couple minutes on Google doing quick research.

As already mentioned, it’s an unfortunate contractual issue. And if they really supported that garbage, they wouldn’t bury it in a time slot where it won’t be much seen.

• Gospino says:

Tv Insider ran a column earlier this year about the subject. Actually, Freeform is obligated to air 700 Club during certain times–I don’t watch it so it escaped me until now that it does have a relatively favorable slot at night, for one thing–which, again, is a contractual issue that dates back to long before ABC acquired the network. I wish they could figure out a way out of it. Maybe someday,

• B says:

Well seeing as how this is America and not Iran, we still have free speech here, whether it is hateful or not. There isn’t an exception in the First Amendment for that.

My solution? If I ever stumble across the 700 Cult garbage, I simply – gasp – just immediately change the channel and roll my eyes in disgust, instead of being outraged and demanding censorship. Problem solved! It’s amazing how much happier life is when you don’t allow the words of idiots to impact you.

6. A fan of TV says:

Just please let him be a decent Republican if this show winds up focusing on his political ambitions. Also, biggest Bachelor couple of the past 10 years, really? Methinks Freeform is trying to hard to cash in on Ben being the hottest Bachelor of the past ten years and dressing up their press release with nonsense.

7. Shaun says:

You should have chosen Jojo,Ben!Lauren is so bland on tv,lol.

8. steven says:

No room on ABC for next summer?

9. Lindsey says:

Ben is definitely my favorite bachelor because he was so down to earth, humble, and genuine. But when I saw this, it immediately made me shake my head. Ben and Lauren are great, just not interesting enough for TV, and theres nothing wrong with that! I’m sad because I hoped that they would last, but when you add in a reality TV show it makes things more complicated. They haven’t been together too long, I’m sure that this won’t help.

If they had to choose someone for a bachelor spin off reality TV show, I wish they had chosen Tanner and Jade, or even Kaitlyn and Shawn–they’re hilarious on snapchat! I would have even wanted to watch Sean and Catherine as they are dealing with the new incoming baby!

10. liame says:

OMG they can’t be serious? What a waste of space.

11. Carol Dauch says: